Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    I haven't stopped just slowed down (wish OS 1.4 had been slowed down). I will continue to work toward this. Every day I fight Palm trying to update me to OS1.4. They are like a virus. I had to reupdate to OS1.3.5.1 again even though I had declined the update. I was sucessful for a week. How slimy!
    caj,

correct me if I'm wrong but can't you remove the code/app that checks for updates?
    By the way, if you need someone again for testing, you can count on me for anything. My Pre has been through a lot and it seems pretty rock-hard. You know that through my previous results
    I got 600 patched on 1.4 with no problems. I cant really tell the difference though.
    You da man jeff I hope that people will have a little more patience after reading your post.
    I haven't stopped just slowed down (wish OS 1.4 had been slowed down). I see one of my roles being abit on the QA side. I will continue to work toward this. Every day I fight Palm trying to update me to OS1.4. They are like a virus. I had to reupdate to OS1.3.5.1 again even though I had declined the update. I was sucessful for a week. How slimy!
    Just kill the updatedaemon process via command line and you're all set. No more nagging updates!
    Yeah but I lose all updates that way..kind of a double edge sword.
    Hmm true, if it's app updates which worries you, you could always use the App Catalog update functionality (not sure if the function relies on the updatedaemon process).

Create a script which runs kill updatedaemon upon luna startup, and remove the script once you want to update (?)
    I try my best
    The 550 and 600 patches are fine in general. For the record, the the download to OS1.4 takes a few days to stabilize for most users for reasons unclear (even though it is still fraught with problems). It was my belief this causes additional strain on hardware. The only limitation of the 550 and 600 LunaSysMgr patch is that they are used on kernal maximized optimally for 500 MHz. Hence, my concern in the initial roll out. I just wanted to wait a day until the OS install had stabilized. The overclocking kernels are finely tuned to the higher frequency electronically speaking.
    So caj, are you saying that your 720/800 patch if done for 600mhz would work better/faster than the current 600 patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    So caj, are you saying that your 720/800 patch if done for 600mhz would work better/faster than the current 600 patch?
    Bump... I'd like to know if this is happening too.
    I installed 600 MHZ on my 1.4 pre. According to clock speed checks the device only ran 600MHZ for about 2 seconds during boot. At some point WebOS resets the pre to 500MHZ and goes to 600MHZ during PDK apps, but that's normal. I think the 550mhz and 600mhz are broken in 1.4.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I have an employee account pre and am willing to test a 600 or 800 or whatever patch. If anything happens I just have my buddy call me in a new one. So pm me if you want me to try something out.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    I installed 600 MHZ on my 1.4 pre. According to clock speed checks the device only ran 600MHZ for about 2 seconds during boot. At some point WebOS resets the pre to 500MHZ and goes to 600MHZ during PDK apps, but that's normal. I think the 550mhz and 600mhz are broken in 1.4.
    you must of not installed properly cuz it works perfectly for me
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    600 is running strong on my new favorite toy!
    Will report more on long term stability at 800 MHz in due course...
    great to hear
    Quote Originally Posted by jason2851 View Post
    800 Mhz on 1.4 or the old 1.3.5.1 kernel mod?
    x2!

BTW caj2008 pm sent
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    800 Mhz on 1.4 or the old 1.3.5.1 kernel mod?

^Oops, the original post was deleted unintentionally
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I guess it's nice to know that we could've ran the mod extensively over a period of time.
    Miss having my Pre run at 800 Mhz
    Quote Originally Posted by jason2851 View Post
    Miss having my Pre run at 800 Mhz
    amen to that
    Me too... =( I wish there was some way to do 800 MHz at 1.4. I want the speed, and the video recording (and other new features) but I guess its one or the other.
    my brain agrees but my pre says screw longevity i wanna go fast
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast