Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Is it possible to measure cpu temp? Through the comand line maybe?
    just be warned, you only get three insurance claims before they drop you. Then it's $500+ for a replacement phone!!

there is no limit of 3 ive been through 7 and going strong
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    just be warned, you only get three insurance claims before they drop you. Then it's $500+ for a replacement phone!!

Youve been through 7 insurance claims or warranty claims?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

webos 1.4 sdk available... can someone please ping marco! lets get the 800mhz rolling on 1.4

webOS SDK Version 1.4 now available | Palm Developer Center Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    webos 1.4 sdk available... can someone please ping marco! lets get the 800mhz rolling on 1.4

webOS SDK Version 1.4 now available | Palm Developer Center Blog
    yes please
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post

THREE insurance replacements in a 12 month period. I just looked it up on Asurion's website, just to see if things had changed. And of course, they hadn't.

People should use this if Sprint ever gives them a problem about a manufacturer's defect. But of course.. if you've scratched it incredibly bad or even just the tiniest nick depending on the rep, they're gonna say you've gotta claim insurance. $100 every time. Not worth it if it's in pristine condition, because you can get the boot before you even realize you don't have insurance anymore.

Gotta read the fine print! They weren't lying to you. Lawyers are rich for that one reason alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Wow... I was gonna install the 600 on 1.4, but now I'm thinking that's not the best idea.
    I've been itching to re-patch to 600 after 1.4...I gotta feeling I'm going to be saying "It seemed like a good idea at the time".
    Any way i can volunteer my phone for the 720/800mhz patches?
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    I've been itching to re-patch to 600 after 1.4...I gotta feeling I'm going to be saying "It seemed like a good idea at the time".
    just go for it. I've been running 600mhz and all has been good
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by boxrick View Post
    Any way i can volunteer my phone for the 720/800mhz patches?
    the alpha testing selection is over maybe if caj or unix lets you in but idk
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    just go for it. I've been running 600mhz and all has been good
    Repatched to 600. All is well and 1.4 is running better than ever...if the phone even lasts only another year at this speed I'll be happy with that shelf-life.
    i have 600 on my 1.4, and it's running fine.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I would love for 720 to be back on my phone. 500 is torture.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I'm running 600 without a hitch thus far
    are they gonna restart testing or something?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    are they gonna restart testing or something?
    I believe they are waiting to compile all of the data from 1.3.5.1 testing before they start to modify the kernel for 1.4... just a guess
    Thank you caj2008 for all of your work and for the work of all the people who are making this phone better every day. I am looking forward to the 720 and 800. I had the initial smartflex patch but have since removed it. Good luck with your work.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Where could I get the 600, 720, or 800mhz patches?
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    I think I needed to clarify things. I apologize if I confused anyone earlier. OS1.4 is a pain. I played with it again today and never saw so many issues in an OS change!
    That's because the OS followed bad QA practice. You NEVER roll out 100+ changes all at once! You roll them out one or a few at a time so you can determine what's breaking what.
    Thank you caj2008. You have been great. I hope your health condition gets improved, and wish you the best with your family. I do wish an 800 MHz patch was released for 1.4, as the 1.3.5.1 version rocked the Pre. Either way, we do have to recognize that there are things more important than a phone, no matter how cool it is. I understand that, and hope everyone else does too. Hopefully we will soon have a new patch with Marcos work. I again thank you for everything you have done. If you ever need anything, feel free to come and ask. You have done plenty for me.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast