Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Been running 600MHz patch for a couple of days now. Last night my phone got really hot. I was making some calls, using Preware to update some apps, surfing the web, checking & responding to email. I used Battery Monitor to check the temp and it was at 48 Celcius. Is this within the normal range? This morning it was at 33 and now it's at 27.

So far, in my use of the 600MHz patch I have not had any random restarts, no crashes, seen an improvement in overall function (as expected). Lag still exists but not as bad without the patch.

I've always had bad battery performance so I can't really provide any feedback on the impact this patch had on the battery. It's still poor. As a result, I constantly have my phone plugged into a charger whether it be in the car, at work or at home.

I read in another post something about early batch CPU's not liking the 600MHz patch. Is this correct? If so, is there any articles on it? I got my Pre on June 8, 2009 so I probably have one of the early batch CPUs. If this is true, what impact will the 720 or 800 patches have on these CPUs? Is this an issue that is known by Palm & Sprint? Can we get replacement phones under the Warranty because of it? Sorry for all the questions, just curious.

Thanks.

Mike
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Been running 600 no problem, can't wait for 800!
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I've been running Luna600 for about 2 weeks now and I'm starting to have some issues. Many times the powe button will not activate the screen. It takes several button pushes or sliding it up for the screen to respond. The camera now has serious lag. It snappy to open but when I take a picture the shutter sounds 4-5 seconds later. The small pic in the lower left corner takes another 5. I haven't had any random reboots at all. I currently am running 13 patches. Pre was purchased in Oct
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    they will be out in like two days !!! yay
    Anybody know if this is actually true? Where did you get this information, did a little searching and didn't find anything.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    These are knon problems reported for OS 1.4 using the 500 MHz standard LunaSysMgr. Check the operating temp and make sure it is below 50C
    Temp has nothing to do with these issues on my Pre. It happens when the phone has sat idle, sometimes for hours before use. I doubt its getting overheated with no activity.
    Quote Originally Posted by gonk24 View Post
    Temp has nothing to do with these issues on my Pre. It happens when the phone has sat idle, sometimes for hours before use. I doubt its getting overheated with no activity.
    have you had any critical memory errors? if so it might be a memory leak, in which case doctoring would fix it. Theres a good chance that doctoring would fix it anyway
    Been running it for about 24hrs now, no problems so far.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Hey, How do I uninstall this patch to get ready for the 800?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    Hey, How do I uninstall this patch to get ready for the 800?
    sh /var/home/root/600MHz_OSIndependentPatch uninstall

enter this in to linux command line and hit enter with pre plugged in . if its the 550 patch just change the numbers !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I've been running it for 11 days so far -- the speed is better and, subjectively, I think the battery life is better as well. When I say the speed is better, it's REALLY better. The phone app, Web launcher (extremely fast), Facebook, email, messaging. The only lag has been with Google Maps -- still takes a while to load if not longer than with no patch in 1.4 and from 1.3.5.1. Occassionally, I had the phone act weird with the camera app loaded but in standby mode but just closed and reopened and it was fine.

Heat has not been an issue at all for me and I'm running the 2600mAh battery too.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    sh /var/home/root/600MHz_OSIndependentPatch uninstall

enter this in to linux command line and hit enter with pre plugged in . if its the 550 patch just change the numbers !
    says it cant open it....should I change it to luna600patch.sh?
    NM I got it.
    Last edited by PreGk; 03/24/2010 at 06:58 PM.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678