Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    I had the 600mhz patch with 1.3.1. or whatever build before 1.4. But i uninstalled it and doctored before i did the 1.4 update. Then i reinstalled the 600mhz patch as with other patches and its bueno for now.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Are you referring to the patch that adds a luna restart to holding down the power button. I got it to work one time. Now i choose luna restart and nothing happens. I wonder if this is related to preware hanging problem I have been having.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    It was on the thread. You probably have a earlier version of the page in your cache.

I got the 600mhz patch installed and it works fine. Seems a little faster too, so all is good.
    yeah prolly. cheers!!! :-)
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Will it stand the test of time, say 4 months that is the question as the Pre hardware quality sucks
    c'mon C40!!!! give daddy what he wants!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sirberk View Post
    Are you referring to the patch that adds a luna restart to holding down the power button. I got it to work one time. Now i choose luna restart and nothing happens. I wonder if this is related to preware hanging problem I have been having.
    you need to go into web is and reload package manager and gnu and diffstat patch to your phone . But first make sure you have the newest webos QI.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    That certainly is the question Caj, one that someone will find out. For now though, I think some responsible people who can accept and deal with the consequences should try it because if not we will never have a straight answer, something we need if anyone is to carry on the work. I'm sure the hardware differences phone to phone cannot be predicted (no pun intended) so be prepared to be Pre-less if you choose to go this route. I would be curious to know if the Pre to Pre+ change makes any difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    If the C40 is as advertised hardware wise I would make an effort
    what advertisment r u refering to ?????
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Care to indulge some more info about those affected with 1.4?

Did they leave it installed and then upgraded to 1.4? Or were these people who uninstalled the patch, installed 1.4, & re-installed the 600 Luna patch?? Or were they totally n00bies?
    DO NOT UPDATE WEBOS WITH THE PATCH INSTALLED

If you do, the modified LunaSysMgr will be replaced with a new LunaSysMgr from the update. Then when you try install the patch it will think it is already installed b/c there is the LunaSysMgr.orig from when you originally applied the patch, and if you uninstall the patch then it will replace the new LunaSysMgr from the update with the LunaSysMgr.orig (which is the unmodified LunaSysMgr before the update), which will cause the launcher to act weird and other problems that other people have mentioned earlier.

Sorry if that is confusing but the moral here is to uninstall the patch before an update then reinstall the patch afterwards. I you do update with the patch installed then you can simply delete the "LunaSysMgr.orig" and then install the patch again. And if you did update with the patch and then tried to uninstall, you can simply download the WebOS doctor of the version you upgraded to, then unpackage everything and just copy over the correct LunaSysMgr to your Pre (you will have to rename your current LunaSysMgr to something else first, then copy over the right version).

Just wanted to add: Updating WebOS with the patch installed will not hurt anything or do any permanent damage, so don't panic. Just see the explanation above.
  9.    #69  
    Can somebody please link this thread to the 600mhz discussion in the general Pre forum?
    Just to report, I used this on my Verizon Pre Plus with 1.3.5, uninstalled before updating to 1.4, then re-installed after 1.4 update. Working good and makes things a bit quicker.
    I updated to 1.4 with the patch installed and had to run the doctor but my pre is back online... and so is "sh /var/home/root/luna600patch.sh install"
    running 600mhz without a problem so far, only day 2 though so hopefully it stays this way
    Running great so far, I did un-install it before updating to 1.4... 24 hrs straight at 600MHz, I was turning it on and off before

Adam
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    running it since sunday, running great.
    I was running Luna600patch on 1.3.5.1 worked great, uninstalled like I was told to, upgraded, to 1.4. I have to admit I was a bit scared to try it on 1.4.....but finally did last night, and it's working great!

Kinda reminds me of the days of the Turbo button on my 386sx
    is there a way to check if I'm still running the 600 on my phone without a computer? Terminal is broken still isntit? Any other way?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Get "Terminus" from Preware its to be found in "Unknown". Its basically the same thing like terminal, although not as advanced, but should do the trick for now.
    Installed 600 before the update. Uninstalled it when I updated to 1.4. Reinstalled it once I updated.
    Only things I noticed after the update is battery life sucks now. I had minor issues launching the video camera at one point. And my internet went wacko flacko for a moment (sprint user). But, I wouldn't say the 600 patch did any of this cause it ran fine before 1.4. I actually don't have any major issuse after the update either. Just some weird happenings since 1.4.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    After a couple of days running 600 the only issue i see is that it drains my battery more which i expected to happen.
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    600MHz not a problem here. I waited until things seemed to stabalize a day or so after the 1.4 update before installing. Was having all the random reboots, SLOW email, Wifi issues, etc that everyone is complaining about. The only real issue not resolved is an apparent drain while on WiFi, but that is another topic...
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast