Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    When I try to enter the Konami code in 1.4, it goes to a Google search. Is there a way to turn that off?

    Thank you.
  2. #2  
    mine works fine
  3. #3  
    try:
    webos20060606
  4. #4  
    try:
    webos20060606
  5. #5  
    It's actually webos20090606 or upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
  6.    #6  
    Just to make sure I am doing this right:

    I type updownupdownleftrightleftrightabstart from the keyboard when there are no applications running on my pre, correct?

    Whenever I do this, it starts searching for apps with those letters. When I get "up" entered, a window shows the "Updates" icon. After that it opens a search window and goes to a google page showing results for a search.

    Is there a way to stop it doing that search and just let the code itself work?
  7. cowkong's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #7  
    upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by invadersith View Post
    Just to make sure I am doing this right:

    I type updownupdownleftrightleftrightabstart from the keyboard when there are no applications running on my pre, correct?

    Whenever I do this, it starts searching for apps with those letters. When I get "up" entered, a window shows the "Updates" icon. After that it opens a search window and goes to a google page showing results for a search.

    Is there a way to stop it doing that search and just let the code itself work?
    its bastart not abstart as you type. but type webos20090606 its the same and more simple to type
  9. #9  
    i think dev mode icon appears so once you see that open it. don't press return or it will go to google.
  10.    #10  
    Ok, thanks! This time it started to do a search, but then it put up the developer mode icon. I must have fat-fingered something!
  11. Huff's Avatar
    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    #11  
    Use Preware and install the Dev Mode app. Then just run it and turn on/off Dev mode.

    Is there any problem with leaving Dev mode on all the time? Why turn it off?
  12. #12  
    you can leave it on if you want , but yes it leave phone exposed to highjacking or threats but its very highly unlikely right now or until they get several millions sold then look out
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  13. #13  
    "up down up down" is all wrong from the get go...haha it's up up down down
  14. #14  
    ... and this is exactly why I recommended that webos20090606 be suggested as THE way to unlock Dev Mode... because it's really 1/3rd of the letters and so much less confusing on top of taking less time.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    ... and this is exactly why I recommended that webos20090606 be suggested as THE way to unlock Dev Mode... because it's really 1/3rd of the letters and so much less confusing on top of taking less time.
    That worked perfectly! Thanx!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    ... and this is exactly why I recommended that webos20090606 be suggested as THE way to unlock Dev Mode... because it's really 1/3rd of the letters and so much less confusing on top of taking less time.
    its not as confusing if you still have the kunami code ingrained in your head from days gone by.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Huff View Post
    Use Preware and install the Dev Mode app. Then just run it and turn on/off Dev mode.

    Is there any problem with leaving Dev mode on all the time? Why turn it off?
    Thats assuming he has Preware installed and has used WOSQS (you need to be in Dev Mode to get it to even recognize your phone.

    An even better option besides the Dev Mode app is the patch that UNHIDES the real Dev Mode app that you get when you run the Konami code.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  18. #18  
    So where in Preware is the Dev mode app please?
  19. #19  
    No sure where my question went, but I found the app under System Utilities.

Posting Permissions