Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Good test with Terminus. You're right that it proves that it's not
    ssh causing it to wake up, and I should have suggested it before.

Anyway, all the localhost to localhost and 192.168.* to 192.168.* lines
    can be ignored. The only line that is connected to something remote is
    192.168.1.106:44351 205.140.203.52:xmpp-client
    xmpp is a generic protocol for exchanging data, but we don't know what
    type of data.

That connection *should* have gone away when you killed all the
    background apps. When I kill off everything in JSTop my netstat output
    is clean, except for the localhost connections.
    If it didn't, then you need to figure out what is holding that connection open.

That remote IP address 205.140.203.52 supposedly belongs to
    Savvis Communications Corporation.

Anyway, one reason for running netstat continuously is to try to catch
    any connections that might be coming and going, or see if that one
    to that foreign IP is sending/receiving data.

You have GPS and Background Data Collection turned off right?

One test you might try after you've put some charge back in the phone
    is leave all the background apps killed, and do some normal
    screen off monitoring with Battery Monitor and see if your idle current draw
    changes with absolutely no apps running.

You'll eventually want to restart at least phone/email/messaging clients manually
    or you won't be able to receive calls/email/sms..

ian
    A friend of mine suggested that Savvis is the company used for our "cloud". If that's the case, it would kind of make sense to always have that connection open.

I'm still unsure if that's the cause of my problems. I sent logs using ##LOGS# to Palm tech support. Also sent them a stream from my /var/log/messages file. Haven't heard back from them yet. I'm sure I can get them to replace the phone, but that means I'll be without a phone for almost a week. Oh well.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Yes a Google search will tell you that Savvis has something to do with
    cloud computing. Thing is, I don't have a connection open to them
    all the time. The only one I sometimes see open for a long time
    is to *.1e100.net aka Google and it's totally idle.

ian
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Ok Its been a while but i finally found a way to get super good battery life!!
    even with the stock battery i get good results!!

I loaded preware again then started reading about this new uber-kernel + govnah, let me tell you, that was the best thing i did, am using screenstate mode, the phones processor runs at 120mhz when the screen is turned off, then i jumps to 800mhz when is on, with this new settings i wake up at 6:00 am, take the train and bus , doing news reading and music streaming write couples of emails, get to work at 8:00am battery is at 95%, morning i don`t use it a lot but the signal here is very low and still by 2pm i got 70% left , this is great i been testing this for 2 weeks now, they are some days i get home at 11:00 pm and doing lots of call and still the phone has 5% left , is faster now also , i don`t have anything turned off beside the gps, i never turn off 3g and i never put the phone on airplane mode anymore, only very rarely the phone takes a little longer to unlock if its been on standby for a while but i can live with that,.

If any of you guys still had the same issues i had, look into that right now!! get preware loaded on your phone, and get those custom kernels they are great, palm should feel ashamed that the community with less resources and no budget gets to fix the things most of us need. Maybe i got a bad model but right now is working perfectly for me.

One last thing i been searching for a patch that can active the airplane mode or can turn off phone radio if the signal is not available for more than 5 min straight like when you go underground on the train.
    Last edited by lokitoorg; 05/21/2010 at 01:11 PM. Reason: *
    Quote Originally Posted by lokitoorg View Post
    Ok Its been a while but i finally found a way to get super good battery life!!
    even with the stock battery i get good results!!

I loaded preware again then started reading about this new uber-kernel + govnah, let me tell you, that was the best thing i did, am using screenstate mode, the phones processor runs at 120mhz when the screen is turned off, then i jumps to 800mhz when is on, with this new settings i wake up at 6:00 am, take the train and bus , doing news reading and music streaming write couples of emails, get to work at 8:00am battery is at 95%, morning i don`t use it a lot but the signal here is very low and still by 2pm i got 70% left , this is great i been testing this for 2 weeks now, they are some days i get home at 11:00 pm and doing lots of call and still the phone has 5% left , is faster now also , i don`t have anything turned off beside the gps, i never turn off 3g and i never put the phone on airplane mode anymore, only very rarely the phone takes a little longer to unlock if its been on standby for a while but i can live with that,.

If any of you guys still had the same issues i had, look into that right now!! get preware loaded on your phone, and get those custom kernels they are great, palm should feel ashamed that the community with less resources and no budget gets to fix the things most of us need. Maybe i got a bad model but right now is working perfectly for me.

One last thing i been searching for a patch that can active the airplane mode or can turn off phone radio if the signal is not available for more than 5 min straight like when you go underground on the train.
    thanks ...i've been curious about batt life and screenstate kernel going down to 125

can "mode switcher" help withat???
    screenstate only goes down to 500 even if you set it to 125
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    So I have always had fast battery drain issues. 4 different pre-s since launch and always had awful battery life. I assumed it was some home brew thing or some app running a background service but could never figure out which one. I just got my 4th pre this past friday and as of this morning have no non stock apps installed except sdlterminal (and preware of course) and am still getting awful drain and the "sleep/woke up" text over and over in sdlterminal. So I thought "what else have I done"? Turned on "dev mode" that's what. So I turned it off. Rebooted. Now I do not get the unending "sleep / wake up" cycle. Have to test the actually battery usage but I am hopeful.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Whoa, just remembering the old days this forums is really helpful compared to others smartphone communities, i guess 1 year in smartphone world is a lot and its been 3 years since i had trouble with my pre, the phone still intact in my phone stash a long with others, is funny that at the time android was still an infant and now they are the biggest market at least in USA, i just want to thank everyone who helped in this thread and most likely all you guys moved to different platforms already but those who still rocking web os i salute you!!
    toaste and Traderhorn like this.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456