Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Yes, I'm seeking advice on two issues simultaneously. Have had a new VZW pre plus for not quite 30 days. Am visiting family in FL and can't connect to their wi-fi network (there's no password on it and I am not prompted to enter one). I get a message that says IP Configuration failed. Have restarted, reset their router. I bought them a new router and still can't connect (comcast cable modem). Linksys 2.4 ghz router (model wap54g) router. Haven't set up network security on new router yet, so I know there's no password.

Ran the Quick Tests and it gave me a wi fi hardware error code 25. Wi fi is on, worked fine connected to airport wi-fi on way down. works flawlessly at home and at another home with wi-fi. Of course this was all tested out before I installed update 1.3.5.1.

After 1.3.5.1 update, I have to say things were a little flaky after updated 1.3.5.1 which was pushed to me last Wednesday evening. Pre hung after that update and had to doctor (that's the only thing I've done is use doctor after the first issue when phone was rebooting itself over and over) it back. Can't update apps (or download new ones) either. There's a ghost application at the top of my list with the pause sign but I can't delete it and I don't know what it is. Wonder if it's been saved to my palm profile.

I know these could be separate issues, but for some reason they seem related to me. Everything was fine until 1.3.5.1 update.

Is my best option to work with Verizon tech support or to try some other fix via Preware? (which I know little about yet!). Thanks for any advice you can offer.
    I've had that wi-fi code twice.

Once it was a hardware error. The 2nd time I'm not 100% sure on.
    It's not an absolute code meaning when you get it it doesn't have to be a hardware problem. It means your not connected to wi-fi while testing. More specifically something along the lines of "MAC address not registered on the network".
    But from you description I'd say it is.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Thanks. Once I got wi-fi working and ran the tests again I no longer go that error code.