1.    #1  
    I went to 5 Verizon stores today. Not one person was looking at a Pixi or a Pre. Everyone was pushing the Droid. All 5 STORES! Every salesperson I talked to was clueless about the Palm / WebOS.

Palm is a great company with great products with poor marketing. How can we help? Can we educate the reps? Can we help management? Maybe we can get with the PALM sales reps and help train the staff?

Frustrated
    Last edited by livelife; 02/27/2010 at 08:09 PM.
    When I bought mine they were clueless. Im guessing they get more money to sell the other phones. It was shocking how little the VZ people (Charleston SC) knew about Palm, etc.
    I do what I can to inform the people I know but im not surprised that vzw people are clueless about pres they are usually clueless about everything. Vzw has horrible sales people.
    There's a multitude of Palm User Groups out there - maybe we should be getting them in touch with the vendors and offering to do special demo days ?
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    I am a business consultant by education and vocation. They have serious strategy problems that keep them from gaining and maintaining traction.
    do you have the store addresses?
    if so, please rate them on this thread, the more we put in one place, the better chance you are likely to be heard:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...zon-store.html
    I personally got the pre because of my friend. What turned me off was the design of & the lag when opening apps on the Pre. So there is nothing we can do about people thinking the phone is slow & ugly. After using the Pre I began to tolerate the lag & the design is not that bad. Palm has to make another Pre that is more appealing
    Quote Originally Posted by livelife View Post
    I went to 5 Verizon stores today. Not one person was looking at a Pixi or a Pre. Everyone was pushing the Droid. All 5 STORES! Every salesperson I talked to was clueless about the Palm / WebOS.

Palm is a great company with great products with poor marketing. How can we help? Can we educate the reps? Can we help management? Maybe we can get with the PALM sales reps and help train the staff?

Frustrated
    I'm a VZW rep, and I have to say, I'm really the only one in the store that knows anything about either phone. The trouble is, we all had online training for the devices, and we were supposed to have further hands on training, but that was axed because our new price plans were to be introduced around the same time, so that never happened. I'm doing my best to educate everyone about the phones and show them what terrific devices they are. I just got my new Pre Plus today and already don't miss my Blackberry Storm!
    Quote Originally Posted by phillysdon04 View Post
    I personally got the pre because of my friend. What turned me off was the design of & the lag when opening apps on the Pre. So there is nothing we can do about people thinking the phone is slow & ugly. After using the Pre I began to tolerate the lag & the design is not that bad. Palm has to make another Pre that is more appealing
    Actually, there IS something you can do. Tell them to put the 600 MHz patch on their phone.

DUH..

But as for the OP's comment: "Palm is a great company with great products with poor marketing."

I'm not sure how Palm can be a great company without an effective marketing plan... and now it's gonna have to be an efficient marketing plan, too! Which means it'll be less effective than had they done this in JUNE, JULY, AUGUST, SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER, NOVEMBER, DECEMBER, JANUARY, AND ESPECIALLY FEBRUARY AT THE SUPERBOWL!!

It's March now with no serious ad campaign by Palm, Sprint, or Verizon. Verizon has clearly done the best... and even they screwed it up with their initially sexist slant.

Palm needs late-night infomercials sponsored by Sprint and/or Verizon... where there's one guy like the Sham Wow guy flipping thru the thousands of things you can do with webOS, especially linking people to PreCentral and Preware. Palm needs to start brainwashing people to come to this site and use Preware... there is no other way they can be saved.

They need a daytime ad like this, too... http://forums.precentral.net/2218428-post5.html

Pretty long post, but the point is you're not setting up boundaries, like "good for mom", "good for geeks", "good for tweakers", "good for freaks", "good for business folks", "good for gamers".... IT'S GOOD FOR EVERYBODY, THE WHOLE FAMILY, AND THEN SOME MORE. You want to show people the best apps running on the best interface, and that's something that Apple and Verizon understood for the iPhone and Droid.

You have to show: features, advantages, & benefits!!! Otherwise you're left with the cool factor, which is NOT what sold the iPhone and Droid. It was "Wow, that could actually do things that I *NEED*!" None of the two Palm ads and none of the network-focused Sprint ads accomplished showing ANY features, advantages, or benefits. Verizon has tried... but they've clearly got other priorities in getting those Droid marketing funds back. If Verizon really wanted to sell webOS devices, do you think they'd tell everybody that they ordered a limited supply??

It's a little late now for Palm to be building partnerships with other companies... but, of course, anything's possible.
    Just my thoughts how we can help Palm:

- Buy a device ;-)

- Tell others to do so

- Do not use the iPhone user agent patch
    This will hide webOS in web statistics. So the pages will not be optimized for WebOS and wrong statistics show lesser webOS users than real

- If not really necessary do not exchange your device
    This will lower repair costs.

- Buy apps
    Palm earns a part of app sales and developers will develop more apps if you pay.

- Write apps
    If you have the knowledge, write apps that show how good webOS is

- Buy Palm shares
    If many of you buy shares the stock price will raise and other investors will follow.

Any more ideas? I just bought a few shares.

Cheers
    seko