1.    #1  
    Here's my question of the day. When I go to take a photo, there's a little plus on the screen. I thought tapping it would make the camera zoom in but it doesn't seem to do anything. Can someone tell me how to zoom on this thing? Thanks!
    --------------------

Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm V >
    Palm VII > Treo 755p > Palm Pre!

... and they're all still floating around
    my house somewhere, too...

--------------------
    no zoom
  3.    #3  
    Dang! I was afraid of that. My Treo has zoom... why did they leave that out on the Pre?
    --------------------

--------------------
    no zoom zoom??
    The camera lacks so many features... it blows. my old Fusic had better camera options than this. They need to add zoom (virtual), shutter settings, iso, white balance, some post effects would be very cool, and it really is not that hard to develop.

and how the hell do i get rid of that annoying shutter sound?
    Last edited by Mr Roman; 02/26/2010 at 12:17 PM. Reason: the camera sucks
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Roman View Post
    The camera lacks so many features, my old Fusic had better camera options than this. They need to add zoom (virtual), shutter settings, iso, white balance, some post effects would be very cool, and it really is not that hard to develop.
    So we can expect a patch in say a few hours then???
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Negative
    From Palm? Doubt it, lol. From me... I don't get paid enough for this... wait I don't get paid at all. Tho I wouldn't mind getting my hands dirty in a simple image editor, stuff like blur (focus), postwork effects (sepia, b&w, vintage, cold, etc..).
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    ...add zoom (virtual)...
    Although I agree with your other points, the one I quoted is possibly the most atrocious thing I've ever seen in the camera world. Cropping after you take a full picture has the same effect and it leaves the option for more accurate corrections to the size and shape.

Also, post effects can be covered using a 3rd party app, should a developer feel there is a market for one.
    any problems with your phone...just call palm and let them know.
    The camera lacks so many features... it blows. my old Fusic had better camera options than this. They need to add zoom (virtual), shutter settings, iso, white balance, some post effects would be very cool, and it really is not that hard to develop.

and how the hell do i get rid of that annoying shutter sound?
    I'd rather have a good camera than a lot of junk features that mean nothing.

Digital zoom (Cropping) is not a good way to zoom in the first place on camera and is easier and more effective in post.

Shutter settings on a camera of this type I just don't see a real need. As is the camera takes good pictures for a quick snap. If you want high quality use a SLR.

ISO again on a camera of this type I don't see the need. If you shot at a high ISO you just going to get terrible pics. Once again if you want ISO range go to a real camera not a phone.

Post effects. Why would you want to do this on camera. Good post effects are CPU intensive and are better served being done in post.

Good quality software takes time and developers. Maybe you should create some of the patches for these things since it is easy. Many people are contributing free patches and code to the community.

To turn off the shutter sound simply turn your phone to vibrate.
    The camera shoots ok pictures as is. there is so much more room for improvement tho,a proper combination of sutter and iso settings will definitely make the pictures much better and sharper (less noise when more light is needed), especially if your in a dark place and you NEED to use a high iso. im pretty sure if the palm pre can run 3d games, it wont have a problem handling real-time color/post effects such as sepia, b&w, and negative. hell, my old fusic handled it no problem, I have pictures taken with the fusic that are of better quality than quite a few i have taken with the pre thanks to its settings.

I will agree the digital zoom was a very bad suggestion lol
    I'd like to see something that helps you focus the camera. There's no focus so pictures of things like barcodes don't work well.
    Use the Preware patch to remove the shutter sound.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  15.    #15  
    Darn, Achill3s beat me to it. There's a patch in Preware to quiet that shutter sound; I got it through webOS Quick Install.

As for zoom, thanks, but I like zoom in my camera. I use Photoshop day in and out and I'd rather not have more work. Plus, those of us who are, umm... vision challenged ... occasionally do use the zoom to be able to just plain old see things with the camera app. Again, why leave it out when it was on the Treo?
    --------------------

--------------------
    Is there a way to name the pictures? I cant figure it out if there is.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by animemom View Post
    Darn, Achill3s beat me to it. There's a patch in Preware to quiet that shutter sound; I got it through webOS Quick Install.

As for zoom, thanks, but I like zoom in my camera. I use Photoshop day in and out and I'd rather not have more work. Plus, those of us who are, umm... vision challenged ... occasionally do use the zoom to be able to just plain old see things with the camera app. Again, why leave it out when it was on the Treo?
    Ya know.... I've always been anti-digital zoom strictly for the point that it's an obvious degradation of the image quality. Optical zoom has a purpose in that it enhances the size. Since we only have "1x" zoom, we have to edit the image ourselves with digital applications. You can zoom in at a much "steadier" "zoom zoom area" and more than likely catch something you wouldn't have caught before. All of these results coming to be better than digital zoom in virtually 100% of the shots, if not literally.

But... Digital zoom has that appearance, tho for people who just don't care anything at all about quality. So I say... why not give it to 'em?