1.    #1  
    First of all, I'm sorry to inundate you all with questions, so please pardon me. I've had my Pre for a long time, but haven't really delved into it.

If my phone dies, I have to put it on the charger and it literally takes 15-20 minutes to charge up enough to at least even turn on. I have never once experienced a phone that does this; all my other phones would die, I'd plug them up, and as soon as they were plugged up, they not only came on, but you could initiate a phone call, as long as it stayed plugged in.

This phone will not do that.

Now, I fully agree that I'm asking stupid questions, and that the obvious solution here would be to STOP LETTING MY PHONE DIE!

However, logic is not always common. I travel very frequently, and there are times where I literally cannot get to a charger.

Again, I totally know that this is a RIDICULOUS issue. However, I do feel that it bears asking whether you've found a solution to that (again, beside plugging the dern thing in when it starts to die).

Thanks, everyong.

KJ
    Quote Originally Posted by KristinJustus View Post
    If my phone dies, I have to put it on the charger and it literally takes 15-20 minutes to charge up enough to at least even turn on.

However, logic is not always common. I travel very frequently, and there are times where I literally cannot get to a charger.

Again, I totally know that this is a RIDICULOUS issue. However, I do feel that it bears asking whether you've found a solution to that (again, beside plugging the dern thing in when it starts to die).
    2 words: spare battery
    I have to agree about the spare battery suggestion, and let you know what I do. I'm also a frequent traveler, so I know exactly where you are. And I certainly understand it hurts to spend more money on your smartphone after laying out so much to acquire it in the first place and pay for the plan every month. Anyway...

Here's what I do, and it works really well. I bought a Brookstone quick charge portable charger. I probably overpaid for it, around $60US I bought it at an airport out of desparation and exasperation, last summer when the battery lasted oh, about 4 hours. In addion to that I have a Palm charger unit. Essential and handy. And of course, the spare battery. Regarding the spare battery, I sprung for the higher-priced extended life from Seidio (1350mAh), but I wouldn't do it again. I just can't perceive any significant difference between the Seidio and the original Palm Battery. So here's the cool thing. When my battery gets low, I can cable my Pre into the quickcharge unit and hotswap the battery--no restart. Then I plug the quickcharge into the charge unit and throw it in my bag, and it's charging while I'm on the move.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by RJKinsman; 02/26/2010 at 07:26 AM.
    you see no difference in the extended battery?
    WHAT??

There is a huge difference.
    2600 mAh over here,
    you mustve gotten a 1300 or something.

this dude needs to spend $60 a Seidio 2600 or even the bigger one.

how are you even enjoying a pre with that stock battery?
    Yep, it's the 1350mAh, model BASI13PMXC3. And the stock battery works just fine for me, thank-you very much!
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman
    I have to agree about the spare battery suggestion, and let you know what I do. I'm also a frequent traveler, so I know exactly where you are. And I certainly understand it hurts to spend more money on your smartphone after laying out so much to acquire it in the first place and pay for the plan every month. Anyway...

Here's what I do, and it works really well. I bought a Brookstone quick charge portable charger. I probably overpaid for it, around $60US I bought it at an airport out of desparation and exasperation, last summer when the battery lasted oh, about 4 hours. In addion to that I have a Palm charger unit. Essential and handy. And of course, the spare battery. Regarding the spare battery, I sprung for the higher-priced extended life from Seidio (1350mAh), but I wouldn't do it again. I just can't perceive any significant difference between the Seidio and the original Palm Battery. So here's the cool thing. When my battery gets low, I can cable my Pre into the quickcharge unit and hotswap the battery--no restart. Then I plug the quickcharge into the charge unit and throw it in my bag, and it's charging while I'm on the move.

Hope that helps!
    The battery life you will have really is dependent on your usage, which varies person to person. We would be happy to look into this issue if you could PM your order information!
    Thanks, Seidio, I really do appreciate your presence and feedback on this forum. Regarding my battery, I'm just comparing how long it lasts inder normal usage compared to the stock Palm battery. I'm not using the device any differently with either battery, and I don't find any perceptible difference in life. I'm not doing carefully controlled tests, it's just an impression.

I purchased it in August, 2009, so I'm pretty sure it's well out of warranty.