1.    #1  
    Ok, new Pre owner here (loving it, so far) and I'm used to a separate MP3 player (Sansa) with the ability to create a playlist within the player. I found that I can't do that on the Pre unless I Homebrew it (not ready to start that process yet), SO since the Pre doesn't seem to accept a pre-made playlist from iTunes, what I did was to rename the album on all the songs I wanted in my playlist to "Dance Playlist" (for example) and then drag them in the Pre folder. Now all I have to do is click on that album and those songs will be played.

If someone has an easier way to do this (aside from Homebrew), I'd appreciate any feedback, as this process takes me awhile.
    Nice little hack. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will get some use out of this.
    Also, don't be afraid of homebrew its simple and cant hurt your phone. As you will soon learn reading through these forums its almost impossible to brick your phone. As long as you have a current copy of WebOS doctor on your computer the problem is easily reversed.
  3.    #3  
    the version I have is 1.3.5.1 - is that the most current?
    Quote Originally Posted by skatterbrane View Post
    the version I have is 1.3.5.1 - is that the most current?
    Yup. Also, I'd use a program like MediaMonkey instead of iTunes. So much more flexibility, and it'll actually transfer your playlists over without having to change the way you manage your songs. Playlists (I believe) will also be imported from iTunes into MediaMonkey.

Check out this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by skatterbrane View Post
    Ok, new Pre owner here (loving it, so far) and I'm used to a separate MP3 player (Sansa) with the ability to create a playlist within the player. I found that I can't do that on the Pre unless I Homebrew it (not ready to start that process yet), SO since the Pre doesn't seem to accept a pre-made playlist from iTunes, what I did was to rename the album on all the songs I wanted in my playlist to "Dance Playlist" (for example) and then drag them in the Pre folder. Now all I have to do is click on that album and those songs will be played.

If someone has an easier way to do this (aside from Homebrew), I'd appreciate any feedback, as this process takes me awhile.
    This is what I did...

1. Connect Pre to computer in Media Sync mode.

2. Move all of my desired songs (without renaming them) onto my Pre.

3. Created a blank playlist ON the Pre using iTunes.

4. Go to the playlist I have on my PC with the previously dragged songs, selected all of them followed by Ctrl+C.

5. Clicked on my blank playlist on the Pre (still using iTunes) and then pressed Ctrl+V.

All of my songs then appeared on my Pre playlist in the order I desired and no renaming of any kind was involved. Even after disconnecting my Pre from my laptop, once I opened up Music App I was able to find my playlist with all of my songs in the correct order.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenRagunton View Post
    This is what I did...

1. Connect Pre to computer in Media Sync mode.

2. Move all of my desired songs (without renaming them) onto my Pre.

3. Created a blank playlist ON the Pre using iTunes.

4. Go to the playlist I have on my PC with the previously dragged songs, selected all of them followed by Ctrl+C.

5. Clicked on my blank playlist on the Pre (still using iTunes) and then pressed Ctrl+V.

All of my songs then appeared on my Pre playlist in the order I desired and no renaming of any kind was involved. Even after disconnecting my Pre from my laptop, once I opened up Music App I was able to find my playlist with all of my songs in the correct order.
    So am I to assume you have the older version of itunes that doesnt break the sync with the Pre? because otherwise I don't know how you would do anything on your Pre through Itunes.