Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 192
  1.    #1  
    Original post removed by author's request.
  2. #2  
    pm sent
  3. jason2851's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #3  
    *pm being sent*
  4. #4  
    Pm sent.
  5. #5  
    pm sent!!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Please PM me if you would like to be considered as an alpha tester for a 720 MHz Kernel Mod (Pre only). Experience and reporting diligence preferred. A simple quick install procedure is utilized. Thank You.

    CAJ2008
    *Please* distribute this in a form which is safely and easily removable by people before they accept an OTA update.

    Even better distribute it in a form where it must be explicitly enabled after each reboot so that those people who's processors come from the 500MHz speed bin instead of the 600MHz speed bin can reset their device to disable it instead of having to completely wipe and doctor the device as some people had to do with the 600MHz patches.

    Update: It looks like the issues I was concerned about have been taken into account from the start. I'm hopeful that this effort will result in a set of patches which don't need to go in the "Dangerous" category in Preware.

    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 02/21/2010 at 03:31 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Even better distribute it in a form where it must be explicitly enabled after each reboot so that those people who's processors come from the 500MHz speed bin instead of the 600MHz speed bin can reset their device to disable it instead of having to completely wipe and doctor the device as some people had to do with the 600MHz patches.

    -- Rod
    That would be sweet! is that possible? I'd try it if that could be done.
  8. #8  
    Well, it should ideally still default to 500Mhz with the option to modify LunaSysMgr and the cpu_clock_speed to 720.

    I'm assuming that an additional slot was added or the 600mhz slot replaced with 720.
    Mobile photoblog http://post.jauderho.com/
  9. R3sp's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    #9  
    sent pm
  10. #10  
    PM away!
  11. 27scoob's Avatar
    Posts
    169 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    #11  
    PM has been sent !
  12. cashen's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    #12  
    Any reviews so far?
  13. #13  
    PM sent!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    *Please* distribute this in a form which is safely and easily removable by people before they accept an OTA update.

    Even better distribute it in a form where it must be explicitly enabled after each reboot so that those people who's processors come from the 500MHz speed bin instead of the 600MHz speed bin can reset their device to disable it instead of having to completely wipe and doctor the device as some people had to do with the 600MHz patches.

    -- Rod
    Yeah, getting really tired of "I bricked my Pre" post's.
  15. stubbs's Avatar
    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    #15  
    caj2008, is this just a kernel compiled to allow different options in scaling_available_frequencies, so that the actual speed can then be set as desired? That is what I was wanting... replace the 125000 option with 720000, etc.
  16. #16  
    pm sent
  17. #17  
    PM sent, and I dont actually mind bricking my Pre
  18. lakaw's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    #18  
    I guess we can't PM from the mobile site, but I'd be willing. I've been running @ 600 mHz for about a month now with no issues.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by lakaw View Post
    I guess we can't PM from the mobile site, but I'd be willing. I've been running @ 600 mHz for about a month now with no issues.
    Yeah, precentral needs to put some work on the mobile site. I feel it is very crippled.
    But back on the subject, I have been runing at 600 also, no issue except faster battery drain and that is only because I browse the internet a lot.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    But back on the subject, I have been runing at 600 also, no issue except faster battery drain and that is only because I browse the internet a lot.
    I would like to hear from caj2008 on this issue. Is there any empirical data showing that 600MHz or higher will result in lower battery life? If so, what's the % decrease in expected battery drain that's directly attributable to running above 500MHz?
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions