Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    well i guess im out if im not able to even install them ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    well i guess im out if im not able to even install them ha ha
    try starting fresh it worked for me first time but even one small error could be sitting there glaring you in the face without you realizing it
    ok i will resend the file and try again thanks! sorry to bother everone i was getting frustrated with this a little bit . but i finally got it to work yay . lol i must need glasses bad because i was inputting the wrong info like someone mentioned earlier , cant remeber who that might have been lol thanks guys.!!!
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 02/23/2010 at 08:53 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I e-mailed in my results... All gravy so far
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    xanthinealkaloid is a genius! He solved my issue!! Thanks so much! I'll begin the tests now.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Okay, so instead of...

Code:
    mv LunaSysMgr.orig LunaSysMgr
    I used this..
    Code:
    mv /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr.orig /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr
    NOTE This should only pertain to those who may have used the command line hack to clock their CPU to 600MHz! This is an older trick ergo I sorta doubt others still have this method enabled. Just in case you do and you're having this issue.. there's the fix!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    Okay, so instead of...

Code:
    mv LunaSysMgr.orig LunaSysMgr
    I used this..
    Code:
    mv /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr.orig /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr
    NOTE This should only pertain to those who may have used the command line hack to clock their CPU to 600MHz! This is an older trick ergo I sorta doubt others still have this method enabled. Just in case you do and you're having this issue.. there's the fix!
    fark spent all night doctoring my PRE because I couldnt remove the 600mhz..

this would have done the trick for me

too bad I dont know much linux commands.

Anyhow, 800mhz is working BEAUFTIFULLY and just emailed you my results.

Those whom are waitng.... you guys WILL be very happy with this work
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    fark spent all night doctoring my PRE because I couldnt remove the 600mhz..

this would have done the trick for me

too bad I dont know much linux commands.

Anyhow, 800mhz is working BEAUFTIFULLY and just emailed you my results.

Those whom are waitng.... you guys WILL be very happy with this work
    Sorry to hear that! xanthinealkaloid is the mastermind behind that solution! Be sure to hit the Thanks button on his posts in this thread!

Currently running 720MHz.. It's too late to actually run some tests, but that's not a bad thing.. Tomorrow I'll give a real world run complete with battery monitoring and then I'll also run some speed tests to compare the results!

After that I'll run 800MHz, so expect my results some time tomorrow! I also have a Final project due for one of my courses so I'll be kinda busy with that.. and Heavy Rain came out today.. Sheesh! I'm busy!
    Jason Robitaille/WebOS Internals group/Marco = geniuses/masterminds

me = just another moron who gets lucky sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    I already have 30+ correct installs following protocol exactly.
    @caj2008 I can't remember if I PM'd you or not, but you can add me to the list correct installs. I'm compiling data now. Thanks for getting this thing put together!

ok i will resend the file and try again thanks! sorry to bother everone i was getting frustrated with this a little bit . but i finally got it to work yay . lol i must need glasses bad because i was inputting the wrong info like someone mentioned earlier , cant remeber who that might have been lol thanks guys.!!!

Did you get it?

Why dont you copy and paste? No chance of misspelling anything!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Jason Robitaille/WebOS Internals group/Marco = geniuses/masterminds

me = just another moron who gets lucky sometimes

@caj2008 I can't remember if I PM'd you or not, but you can add me to the list correct installs. I'm compiling data now. Thanks for getting this thing put together!

You did really good for me!

Add me to the list of successful install as well.. We're golden.
    ive spelled everything correctly a dozen times now lol it still wont install . he said he sent zipped files and these files were not zipped files when i got them so maybe they are corrupt??
    Mine werent zipped either, they installed fine, make sure the extension is changed to .sh
    Just a tip, if you guys use the Battery Monitor for testing, it would be easier to take screen shots every time 5 minutes goes by.
    So you don't have to copy all the results for a faster report to Marco/Jeff.

Hope that helps!
    could somebody please post an excell spreadsheet in the correct format so we can all be on the same page so to speak!

I am in the process of reinstalling win7 and will be down for a day or so. so if someone could post a spreadsheet (w/o the info of course) that would make my life a little easier!

Thanks in advance

2sslow

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I was getting this when installing either patch:

Code:
    tar: Removing leading `/' from member names
    crypto/ecb.ko
    crypto/pcbc.ko
    drivers/block/nbd.ko
    tar: Skipping to next header
    tar: A lone zero block at 952
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
    cp: cannot stat 'arch/arm/boot/uImage': No such file or directory
    Please reboot.
    I started from scratch and now I'm finally running at 800 MHz
    Last edited by odontastic; 02/24/2010 at 01:37 PM.
    pretty much this is the one I used.
    A bit different, but same concept
    I just found this on google images.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Does he want us to format it that way within the email? Or attach a table of spreadsheet to the email...? Best get started writing up the report...
    also, does he want to wait until we complete test for both patches or send seperately for each frequency so he can start looking through it before the update gets here.
    im not real good w/ excell, i was kind of looking for an .xls properly labled

Follow the link below.

Sent first email with baseline (500) tests and have installed 720. Phone seems snappier already. I'll be testing and sending the email on it tomorrow night, after my phone has had time to adjust (and I've had time to sleep, and go to work, and come home...).

2sslow, pm me your email address and I'll send you a blank copy of what I came up with...can you use open office? I can save the template as .xls if not.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"