Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Can't wait to test this out.
    me aswell
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    I'm stuck at 600MHz.. I originally did it with the command line and must have botched something with the LunaSysMgr.orig file.. it said it couldn't be moved as it didn't exist.

I'm assuming I'll have to Doctor it? Then try the 720 and 800MHz patches but I wanted to come here first to confirm.. If I can avoid a doctor visit, I'd be extremely pleased.
    Try starting from step 1 again. I haven't read the steps but based on your description of the problem, nothing has changed in your Pre.

I'm looking forward to heat and longevity results. Going from 500 - 800 or even 720 MHz is huge!
    Email sent ( 720 results), and a pm regarding a question.
    seriously can't wait to have this on my pre! STICKY!!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I'm stuck at 600MHz.. I originally did it with the command line and must have botched something with the LunaSysMgr.orig file.. it said it couldn't be moved as it didn't exist.

I'm assuming I'll have to Doctor it? Then try the 720 and 800MHz patches but I wanted to come here first to confirm.. If I can avoid a doctor visit, I'd be extremely pleased.
    Did you send the file to your pre?
    /var/home/root/ put this as the directory and locate the 720 or 800 patch and then try the run command
    /var/home/root/800MarcoKernel.sh install or the 720 kernal install the instructions where in your email in the word doc...

If I helped you please thanks me ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by eztech View Post
    Did you send the file to your pre?
    /var/home/root/ put this as the directory and locate the 720 or 800 patch and then try the run command
    /var/home/root/800MarcoKernel.sh install or the 720 kernal install the instructions where in your email in the word doc...

If I helped you please thanks me ^^
    ive done this like the email said too and it gives me file install correctly but after i reset the phone and then check the cpu it still says its running at the 492 or so like it didnot take the patch i sent?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ive done this like the email said too and it gives me file install correctly but after i reset the phone and then check the cpu it still says its running at the 492 or so like it didnot take the patch i sent?
    Make sure you SHUT DOWN, not just restart, after you run the bootscript and pkill luna.
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I installed the 720 patch correctly and ran it correctly. My problem is, I've set the clock speed to 600MHz via the command line (this was a while ago..) and it's "stuck" there.. I think a Doc Visit would fix it but if there's something else I can do, anyone know a command I could enter?
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    here you go
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin
    mv LunaSysMgr.orig LunaSysMgr

mount -o remount,ro /
    pkill LunaSysMgr

I installed the 720 patch correctly and ran it correctly. My problem is, I've set the clock speed to 600MHz via the command line (this was a while ago..) and it's "stuck" there.. I think a Doc Visit would fix it but if there's something else I can do, anyone know a command I could enter?
    First thing you should do is go to the commandline in WOSQI and type...

ls /usr/bin

...to see if you misspelled the name of the backup file.

Installing on top of the previous hack really isn't per the test procedures.

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    First thing you should do is go to the commandline in WOSQI and type...

ls /usr/bin

...to see if you misspelled the name of the backup file.

When I browse the directory, I can see I have both the LunaSysMgr and the LunaSysMgr.orig... despite this, when I run the command to rename the file, it says it doesn't exist..

This is what I get..

Code:
    root@palm-webos-device: cd /usr/binmv LunaSysMgr.orig LunaSysMgr
      mv: cannot rename 'LunaSysMgr.orig': No such file or directory
    root@palm-webos-device:
    could someone give me a hand here , its telling me it cant open the file when i input the command line ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    could someone give me a hand here , its telling me it cant open the file when i input the command line ??
    Could you be more specific?
    i send the file to the phone then open the command line and tell it to install the patch and its giving me a message that it cant open that file. lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I had this.. make sure you spell everything correctly. I'm pretty sure i was spelling "kernal" instead of "kernel".
    ive spelled everything correctly a dozen times now lol it still wont install . he said he sent zipped files and these files were not zipped files when i got them so maybe they are corrupt??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post

Nor does it work!
    it works if youre trying to brick
    he changed his mind about the zipped files.. so you don't need to worry about the winzip stuff. I had checked on that as well.

You could try a battery pull as well. I pulled my battery before i got it to work, but i was pretty sure that my lack of ability to spell was the real cause.