Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    youve been sending out files?

I didnt get any in emails yet....
    I have reviewed the alpha test package for these patches, and can report that the scripts are designed to safely install and uninstall the modifications when run manually from the Linux command line (which is appropriate for an alpha test with an experienced base of testers).

The scripts replace the Linux kernel and kernel modules, and modify the LunaSysMgr binary in a verifiably straight-forward way. They save the original versions of these things (making sure they don't overwrite them if you run the script twice), and allow you to restore them as long as the device boots to the command line. Even if the device doesn't boot to the command line for some reason, a webOS Doctor will forcibly revert these changes.

Since I don't have access to the source code of the kernel modifications yet, I cannot report on the functionality or efficacy of the patches (and the authors want all such reports to be relayed back to them in the first instance anyway, so I will uphold that commitment).

Whilst I understand that the authors of these modifications may not want to publish the kernel modifications during this alpha testing period, I would assume that the authors are fully prepared to release the kernel modifications under the terms of the kernel GPL license at the appropriate time (i.e. to the public when it is released publicly, and to any of the individual alpha testers if they request it).

I think these two guys are going about this the right way.

An improvement I would suggest for a public release would be to query the most recent reboot reason, and not enable the higher speed if a reboot occurs for an abnormal reason. Alternatively (if that is not possible), to default to a normal speed for boot, and have a user application front-end to modify the speed setting.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Impressions of running at 800Mhz sent via PM, reports to follow.
    got the files, installing now.

Question:

Do you want the Alpha info public or should all correspondance be via PM or email?
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    got the files, installing now.

Question:

Do you want the Alpha info public or should all correspondance be via PM or email?
    Read the doc in the email
    It's says report back to him via email with results.
    yeah, i overlooked that. my bad
    No problem, easily mistaken.
    Especially at 12 in the morning, haha.
    messaged you back caj. sorry i was away from the pc. Im back on 1.3.5.1 for now and eager to test out what you have, get back to me on that other thing
    I would like to reassure you guys that the trouble I've been having with my hardware was in no way associated with the tests that are being discussed here. I have not got round to downloading the test packages let alone installing them.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I'm still anxiosly awaiting you're email you did get mines correct?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Eztech,

Did you receive the email package?
    Just got it shortly after posting my last msg allready did the 500 mhz test starting the 800mhz test now, then the 720
    The alpha test has started for the 720 and 800 MHz patches. A concise protocol has been established. A total of 50 alpha testers were chosen. Two have yet to send their email address. I will reopen selection for 8 more people. PM me again if interested (My email went over capacity and I had to delete, my apologies).

caj2008
    did you get my email with stats caj2008?? i hope so lol. i sent to you and your partner!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    i sent them earlier today lol, ok just resent to you !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    did you get my email address? I noticed on my sent pm it was blanked out for some reason.
    Good luck to all of you doing this! I came from the Windows Mobile world and got used to being on the bleeding edge and testing out stuff so I must admit I am a touch jealous!

I will be keeping up with this thread that is for sure....rooting from the sidelines if you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgetmedic View Post
    Good luck to all of you doing this! I came from the Windows Mobile world and got used to being on the bleeding edge and testing out stuff so I must admit I am a touch jealous!

I will be keeping up with this thread that is for sure....rooting from the sidelines if you will.
    he said he still needs a few more testers if you send him a message with your email . maybe you get to try too lol ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Enjoying the alpha so far... I wonder how my stats stack up against others... good things to come good things to come
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    pm sent
    The alpha test has started for the 720 and 800 MHz patches. A concise protocol has been established. A total of 50 alpha testers were chosen. Two have yet to send their email address. I will reopen selection for 8 more people. PM me again if interested (My email went over capacity and I had to delete, my apologies).

caj2008
    i sent you a pm and i have not receive the patch.....
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I'm stuck at 600MHz.. I originally did it with the command line and must have botched something with the LunaSysMgr.orig file.. it said it couldn't be moved as it didn't exist.

I'm assuming I'll have to Doctor it? Then try the 720 and 800MHz patches but I wanted to come here first to confirm.. If I can avoid a doctor visit, I'd be extremely pleased.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast