Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    It will be interesting to see the speed increase.
    I already feel the slowness of reverting back to 500mhz from 600mhz.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Look if I'm not picked because of my post count that's fine and I can live with that. I don't think that should be a factor, but I know you need something to help you decide.

For the record, I'm one of those people who post only when necessary. I will scour the forums for an answer before I even think about asking a question. On the flip side, I try to post answers to help if I know the answer indefinitely.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I really hope I'm picked I loved the results from the 600mhz and I believe I'm actually seeing better battery life improvements since over cooking the cpu to 600mhz and I'm very interested in this experiment
    Yeah... this sounds like my kinda Jam. I look forward to participating / monitoring progress of this modification
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    count me in. I was one of the pioneers behind the first stable set of cpu scaling code. I did a lot of testing with different setups to test cpu stability and program stability. We found that there are quite a few people with the early batch of cpu's and their phones crash randomly running at 600mhz. We also found that their are alot of people that run great at 600mhz. Similarly the "bad" cpu's did not like going from low frequincies to high frequencies without crashing. Like from 125mhz to 600mhz. We never got far enough to recompile the kernel to use different frequencies then what were available in the original kernel. I will help you with alpha testing but we might as well put things on hold till Thursday when 1.4 comes out with possibly a new kernel.

thanks for your contributions to the community.
    Not quite brave enough to mess with the kernel on my only phone right now... but I'll be watching closely to see how this works out.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    To be truthful, it's the heat I'm worried about most right now.

I have been noticing a more frequent occurrence of my Pre heating up. I don't think overclocking the CPU is a good call when it's already having thermal issues. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    To be truthful, it's the heat I'm worried about most right now.

I have been noticing a more frequent occurrence of my Pre heating up. I don't think overclocking the CPU is a good call when it's already having thermal issues. haha
    I compared CPU temperatures for an hour of moderate - heavy use and the difference was not significant at all. It topped out at 33C, althought I didnt try video.
    I want in! Gladly willing troop try. 600mhz has Not been enough!
    I want in! Gladly willing to try. 600mhz has Not been enough!
    pm sent.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Volunteer for testing closed-No more PM's please
    He said no more PM's please.
    pm sent....
    damn it just got off work and sent a pm (fingers crossed) I was the orginal one to talk about overclocking after I saw the droid being done...please let me in
    you got my email caj?
    No, you did. Got the email.
    Yup, I did. About to do it as we speak..or...err, type.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    About to set Pre to 800Mhz for a general feel of the improvements before earnest testing starting tomorrow. Thanks and I'll keep you posted through both this thread for general comments and email for detailed reports.
    PM sent
    youve been sending out files?

I didnt get any in emails yet....
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast