Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Quote Originally Posted by odontastic View Post
    No, nothing's wrong. After testing both patches, I decided to re-enable clipcarl's cpuspeed for scaling. You tube flickers occasionally, but it's working.
    cuz that patch really doesnt work after a reboot or a Luna restart. LunaSysMgr controls the speed. So if you are not going to set the speed immediately after each reboot then you are going to scale from 125Mhz all the way up.

There's already a flame war thread about this very subject somewhere on this site about that.

edit: i should specify it wont work with *this* kernel.
    Last edited by unixpsycho; 02/24/2010 at 08:50 PM.
    Live free or DIE!
    well posts are part of showing that youre active in the community and well informed so that they dont have to take time to teach you how
    i guess my low post count would make me a n00b too!
    Live free or DIE!
    nah youre doing dev work so if anything that makes me more of a n00b since i have nearly no programming skills
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    well posts are part of showing that youre active in the community and well informed so that they dont have to take time to teach you how
    Dunno about that, seems a lot of people spend time in the political and religious troll threads down below...

Are we far enough off topic to get this thread closed as requested or do I need to start a troll/flame war subject? I haven't started one on this forum, but I know just the right combination of english words and grammar.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    cuz that patch really doesnt work after a reboot or a Luna restart. LunaSysMgr controls the speed. So if you are not going to set the speed immediately after each reboot then you are going to scale from 125Mhz all the way up.

There's already a flame war thread about this very subject somewhere on this site about that.

edit: i should specify it wont work with *this* kernel.
    Others may have had the scaling problems you describe, but clipcarl's cpu frequency scaling app has been stable on my Pre for months with the settings I have. The parameters I set have been stable after reboots & LunaSysMgr restarts. And it's continuing to work after installing the 800 MHz patch. Now I'm scaling between 225 MHz & 720 MHz and NFSU runs at 720 MHz, with the 800 MHz patch. So it appears to me that clipcarl's app is compatible with this new patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by odontastic View Post
    Others may have had the scaling problems you describe, but clipcarl's cpu frequency scaling app has been stable on my Pre for months with the settings I have. The parameters I set have been stable after reboots & LunaSysMgr restarts. And it's continuing to work after installing the 800 MHz patch. Now I'm scaling between 225 MHz & 720 MHz and NFSU runs at 720 MHz, with the 800 MHz patch. So it appears to me that clipcarl's app is compatible with this new patch.
    that's cool. just keep track of all the patches you have. you dont want to have a conflict later.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post

I have no problem with newbies. Many of my posts are to help them get experienced enough to witness the wonders of WebOS. Over twenty percent of the alpha testing group were carefully chosen newbies. The alpha testing group was a true cross section of the WebOS revolution.
    key words "carefully chosen".
    Live free or DIE!
    I was hand picked by Jeff, so there!
    Lol.
  10. ZR1
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Well post count shouldn't have anything to do with anything! I have a join date of 2003 i've patched and hacked everything from my Handspring visor prism, treo 300/700, ppc6700, Ipod video running linux and rockbox, tivo (touched), home theater pc with dave and charley running through a linux emulator feeding mulitple STB's
    Hacking has nothing to do with posting and everything to do with searching and a lot of reading.
    So if I wasn't chosen because of my post count so be it. I know another thing needed for successful hacking is patients.
    since you mention treo 700. i loved my treo 700wx. i pwned that thing with all kinds of custom ROMs. and i overclocked it too with XCPUScaler.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post

I have no problem with newbies. Many of my posts are to help them get experienced enough to witness the wonders of WebOS. Over twenty percent of the alpha testing group were carefully chosen newbies. The alpha testing group was a true cross section of the WebOS revolution.
    thanks alot 063 xbox . I happen to be a noobe myself . I hope I don't mess anything up for you . I'm not a geek but I like this stuff and I'm new at it to. Lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910