1.    #1  
    Every time I try to install anything and I mean literally anything, it says;

Error

An App Catalog Background Operation is in progress, please try again later.

It's been doing this for about 4 hours since I got Preware installed.

I have just installed Preware and WebOS Dr per the great article in the wiki here and the other tweaks using WebOSQI work fine.

Secondly, the Themer area in WebOSQI says I can' install themes???

Anyone that can send some insight my way?
    Thanks in advance!
    look for a program called webos repair utility try that
  3.    #3  
    All the repair utilities I can locate are stating they are for the Sprint Pre only. Currently only compatible with WebOS v1.3.5.1 (Sprint/Bell Pre/Pixi), 1.3.1 (GSM Pre), and 1.2.5 (Telcel Pre).
    It was doing that to me too ... I had to update preware through WOSQI and then everything worked again after that
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
  5.    #5  
    OK well that isn't working either.
    I'm on a Verizon Pre Plus so probably half this stuff isn't going to work right then???
    Last edited by TheVTech; 02/18/2010 at 11:13 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Ya OK so I'm an *****...
    Seems my backup was running as well as another app doing it's thing so I guess it was too much going cause now everything works like a champ.
    Gotta love this new OS.
    Just upgraded yesterday from a Centro and it's night and day.

L8rs and thanks!
    There also is a known problem that can cause this with Preware. This is not a problem with Preware perse, but making sure you have the latest version of Preware will help. The latest version ignores the bogus version of this error.