Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Hi everyone

stille enjoying this fine piece of tech like the first day (all though we still don‘t get paid apps in Spain yet)... Still I am having a few issues and couldn’t find answers using the search (I think I’m not too good using it)... Hope someone can help:

1. I haven’t been able to open a single pps document... Isn’t the pre able to open these?

2. Sometimes when viewing my pictures the screen goes black, and I have to touch the screen for the picture to appear again

3. Sometimes when writting a message or mail my keyboard backlight goes off, specially annoying when writting in the dark, and I haven’t found a way to turn it back on
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    sorry, couldn’t say goodby nor thank for the help, somehow it took me to the top of the text and cpuldn’t find the way to scroll to the bottom (is there a way to scroll up/down the text instead of the whole page when using the pre in the forums?)

anyway, thank you very much for your time and help
    What software version are you running? Do you have patches or themes installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by pantiko View Post
    Hi everyone

stille enjoying this fine piece of tech like the first day (all though we still don‘t get paid apps in Spain yet)... Still I am having a few issues and couldn’t find answers using the search (I think I’m not too good using it)... Hope someone can help:

1. I haven’t been able to open a single pps document... Isn’t the pre able to open these?

2. Sometimes when viewing my pictures the screen goes black, and I have to touch the screen for the picture to appear again

3. Sometimes when writting a message or mail my keyboard backlight goes off, specially annoying when writting in the dark, and I haven’t found a way to turn it back on

1. PPS document? Is that a power point document? I've been able to open PPT documents with no issue.

2. That is a known bug since 1.3.5. Hopefully, it gets addressed in the new update (1.4)

3. Which OS are you running? I've not had that issue with my keyboard when I'm typing.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I´m running 1.3.5.2 on my pre

No themes, but a few patches, 13
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    1. PPS document? Is that a power point document? I've been able to open PPT documents with no issue.

2. That is a known bug since 1.3.5. Hopefully, it gets addressed in the new update (1.4)

3. Which OS are you running? I've not had that issue with my keyboard when I'm typing.

Yes, it´s documents with pps extension that I can´t open... also some PDF´s, like 20% of them I can´t open

Also I would like to know if it is ok to just press orange key + App to erase an application, or if there is a better way in order not to leave a trace of the erased application

Thanks for the help guys
    Try renaming the PPS files to PPT.

PPS files are normally just regular powerpoint files that have been renamed from PPS to allow them to be opened straight to the slideshow view instead of the edit view.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Thank you very much guys

The thing is I can´t see the way to rename the file when is attached in a mail when using the pre, is that possible?

Again, thanks a lot for the help