1. one
    I have noticed that the default calendar view in the Pre is "day". I do not find any way to change this default into week or month.

Is there a way to do this? how?
    There are patches for both week and month view. They are available via both WebOS Quick Install and Preware. There are great guides on this forum that explain how to install these programs and how to get started Homebrewing, Tweaking, and Patching. Good luck.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  3. one
    thanks I'll have a look at them.

I am a new-by at palm (since Saturday) so I am not familiar with the terminology you use (but I am a linux profi): are those things which you suggest (WebOS Quick Install, Preware, Homebrewing, Tweaking, Patching) going to "break" the stability and updatability of the pre? Which?

Anyone has an idea if this feature will be offered out-of-the-box "soon"
    They will not (with the possible exception of leaving tweaks installed during an Over the Air update, and a couple of very clearly marked Dangerous patches) "break" the stability and updatability of the Pre. In fact there is specific technology applied to all patches installed by these two methods that allows them to remain installed during OTA updates (which didn't used to be the case...used to have to remove and reinstall them). The Pre is a pretty-much unbrickable phone. Search the forums for: Preware, AUPT, WebOS Quick Install version 3.01, and the how-to articles I mentioned. Since you are Linux literate it should all make more sense to you than it did to me when I first discovered it...and it was easy even for me! You really are gonna have a great time playing with/customizing your phone!

EDIT: Oh yeah -- out of the box on Calendar stuff. The OTA update we are all eagerly awaiting promises improvements to the native calendar app, so this may be one of the things included.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"