Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hey guys my first post here on PreCentral.

The specs on which the Pre captures video is as follows for anyone who wants to know:

Recording Resolution: 352x288
    Average FPS: 15
    Audio: 44.1 Khz Mono
    Video Format: H.263 video / AAC audio / 464 kbps average bit rate
    Video Type: .3gp / (1.22 : 1 Aspect Ratio)

So its quality is not bad my old Instinct ran 320x240 15fps with only 8 Khz audio.

I'm still trying to figure out where the phone stores the videos I've got it in USB mode and they are MIA except under ".attachments/mms/########" if you have shared it via MMS anyway.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Browser seem faster to anyone else? My test is the People of Walmart website. Multiple pictures on one page. I am pretty sure these pages are loading faster then I have ever had them load before....and by a decent amount it seems.
    Done unpacking. Now it's installing. I'm like a school girl, all giddy with excitement.
    Mr.Cid
    Palm Pilot 5000 =>
    Palm Tungsten T5 =>
    Sony CLIÉ TJ27 =>
    Palm Treo 755p =>
    Palm Prē & HP Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrain13 View Post
    Two things. Not sure if mentioned yet but, Blink notifications was on by default and PRL was reset to 60659 on Sprint.
    My PRL stayed at 60660 (just updated a couple of days ago)
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone-Man View Post
    No Video Light? Boooooo Palm..
    Unfortunately, the video app turns off the flash even if you use the MyFlashlight app to turn it on
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    edit: moved to issues thread
    Last edited by rlopin; 02/27/2010 at 03:57 AM. Reason: moved to issues thread
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Unfortunately, the video app turns off the flash even if you use the MyFlashlight app to turn it on
    Yo video flash light worriers, relax. A patch will almost certainly be released to quelm your fears.

I am loving this update, waiting patiently for the flash.
    seems like the phone is not locking the screen correctly, its showing what i was doing on it instead of the normal lock scrim....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by JXC View Post
    Dieter, please remove from the first post that you have to remove the patches so no one is confused
    Are you serious!! I JUST NOW deleted all 40 of my patches!! GREAT!! Now I have to waste time reloading them..

Well...at least I don't have to do that any longer, right?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Have you guys tried downloading apps from App Catalog? They weren't joking when they said they improved download speeds...5MB app seemed to take only a few seconds!
    I don't see how long my call was??? It says you should be able to, anyone else not seeing this??
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Was there always a red vertical line in the day view alongside the time slot that corresponds to the current time?

I don't recall -- it's a nice feature.
    very nice feature. and brand spankin' new.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsota214 View Post
    very happy with the rollout. One concern I have is when trying to send a video to an email address, it gives the limit of 38 seconds. Why would it limit sending to an email address. I would like that limitation eliminated. It allowed me to send a video over sms that exceeded 1 minute not sure why the limitation for email.
    That is crazy. To bypass though, try sending an MMS to an e-mail address. That works with photos...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    seems like the phone is not locking the screen correctly, its showing what i was doing on it instead of the normal lock scrim....
    I notice the same. :/
    dont know if its been said but the full facebook site works flawlessly with the pre browser now except chat but now with the notifications up top and everything even tapping on pictures to see the next one actually chat works too
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizzrobe View Post
    Hey guys my first post here on PreCentral.

The specs on which the Pre captures video is as follows for anyone who wants to know:

Recording Resolution: 352x288
    Average FPS: 15
    Audio: 44.1 Khz Mono
    Video Format: H.263 video / AAC audio / 464 kbps average bit rate
    Video Type: .3gp / (1.22 : 1 Aspect Ratio)

So its quality is not bad my old Instinct ran 320x240 15fps with only 8 Khz audio.

I'm still trying to figure out where the phone stores the videos I've got it in USB mode and they are MIA except under ".attachments/mms/########" if you have shared it via MMS anyway.
    I think you might be looking at one of the edited files for MMS. According to VLC the video that I just recorded has an aspect ratio of 640x480.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    I don't see how long my call was??? It says you should be able to, anyone else not seeing this??
    I think that this will only happen with calls that occur after the update is installed.
    I noticed that red vertical line in the calendar too. I was like, "what the hell is that??" It was on the 4am slot, and I kept trying to press on it, lo and behold, it's 4am. As far as the locking, it was showing me the last action and then locking up, but that was while downloading. Once the phone restarted, it seems to have fixed the issue. We'll see tomorrow.
    Mr.Cid
    Palm Pilot 5000 =>
    Palm Tungsten T5 =>
    Sony CLIÉ TJ27 =>
    Palm Treo 755p =>
    Palm Prē & HP Touchpad
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    so I was just on the palm site reading the changelog for the pixi and woohoo we get flash too
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast