Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    For Sprint people, the default apps selector now works properly for Sprint Navigation.

In 1.3.5, if Sprint Navigation wasn't already open, it'd freeze when you had that as your choice and tried to get directions. Now it opens the app and then goes to the address without freezing.
    wow, 1.4 is def. Faster! It's what it should have been all along. Can't wait till 800mhz!
    diggin on the glow of the loading card....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukcubus View Post
    Interesting. The camera buttons didn't rotate when you rotated the phone before...or did they?
    yea they did
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Wi-Fi
    A new Sleep Settings application menu item allows you to change a setting so that if Wi-Fi is on and the phone screen turns off, the Wi-Fi feature turns off. By default, if Wi-Fi is on and the screen turns off, the Wi-Fi feature stays on.
    Security
    Hmm, so does that mean that Wi-Fi has always been on previously even when the screen is off in previous versions (contrary to what the majority population thought)?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    ... So use the flashlight apps in Preware if you don't care about potential issues. It's not like they're stopping you from doing that, they're just playing it safe for the majority of people.
    I wasn't really looking for a flashlight. In most cases, the back light is bright enough for me. I would use the video light functionality. I don't think it's to much to ask for. It's been on a wide range of phones for years.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    A couple comments:

They finally mentioned this again, but I'll believe it when I see it.

If I'm reading this right, this is awesome! No more clicking a button and then swiping to unlock. Just swipe!
    I don't think so I just tried
    did you guys notice text message led blink is faster blink than the patch? (double pulse led now) --cool
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    it is kind of like a new phone it's a little bit brighter, a little bit faster, and a bit smoother kind of like a six million dollar man/shaft love child also gotta say that was the longest hour of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone-Man View Post
    I wasn't really looking for a flashlight. In most cases, the back light is bright enough for me. I would use the video light functionality. I don't think it's to much to ask for. It's been on a wide range of phones for years.
    Yes, but flashlight + video = video light.

Anyway, the phone app also remembers if you were last in the call log or the dialpad and opens to that.

Edit: Sorry, turns out that the flashlight apps don't work while recording.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 02/27/2010 at 03:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ebernal718 View Post
    * You can quickly unlock the screen by dragging up from the gesture area across the onscreen lock icon.
    This one is a strange addition. You press the power button and then slide thumb from gesture area to screen and it unlocks. Its not any more convenient or quicker than dragging the lock icon. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post
    yea they did
    Ah, k thanks. That never stood out to me before. *makes a note to appreciate it now*
    Quote Originally Posted by del420 View Post
    it is kind of like a new phone it's a little bit brighter, a little bit faster, and a bit smoother kind of like a six million dollar man/shaft love child also gotta say that was the longest hour of my life
    until this time next month. I'm hooked!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone-Man View Post
    No Video Light? Boooooo Palm..
    I was wondering how long after 1.4 was released when people were going to already start complaining about it. Wow. I think this may possibly be a new record.
    I just tried out the full secure erase option.. And a warning to you guys: it takes FOREVER. It's been going through it's cycle for about 45 minutes now. So unless you REALLY want this sucker to fully erase and pretty much download an entirely new phone from a dial-up connection in Antarctica over cables made of frozen syrup, don't use this option.
    I don't know if this is a new feature with 1.4, but when you are deleting calls from the Call History and you want to delete multiple items, you swipe one and instead of hitting delete, then swiping another, you can just swipe the first one, then a second one and the first one is automatically deleted. Just eliminates the step of having to hit "delete".
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NightoftheWolfeans View Post
    I don't know if this is a new feature with 1.4, but when you are deleting calls from the Call History and you want to delete multiple items, you swipe one and instead of hitting delete, then swiping another, you can just swipe the first one, then a second one and the first one is automatically deleted. Just eliminates the step of having to hit "delete".
    Chat messages also work like this, that was there for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    This one is a strange addition. You press the power button and then slide thumb from gesture area to screen and it unlocks. Its not any more convenient or quicker than dragging the lock icon. Oh well.
    I find it faster. I don't have to get my finger right on the lock, which is hard to do sometimes when walking around outside
    cant figure out how to delete a video taken without pluging into computer. any ideas?
    noticeably snappier all around especially when paired with my bluetooth earbuds. It's still laggy when listening to music over a2dp, but it's substantially more tolerable. Before it rendered the handset nearly unusable.
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast