Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I am a mafia wars & castle age addict (FB) - and in the past as I went click crazy I could see my phone getting slower & slower. I would tell myself I need to reboot before the phone locks up... Then comes the critical memory warning and I would say - just a few more clicks - then the phone s l o w s so much that it took a year to move through the steps to reset.

now my phone assumes I am a ***** - and dumps my net memory - and refreshes the web page. No more internet lockdowns...
    did anyone notice that you can take a picture by pressing the gesture area? when did that start? in this update or a earlier one? i never noticed til i kept doing in on accident
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seistoes View Post
    Multitouch no longer works in PDF view as well as Doc. The font on PDF's are so small that it renders it useless. Hope the PDF patches currently available can fix this.Bummer!
    UPDATE: Multitouch was replaced with double-tap zooming. Works in both the PDF viewer and DOC viewer. Works great!
    But the help function hasn't been updated. It mentions double-tap last, in addition to the pinching in and out. Also: the double-tap zooms works ok in docs but not in pdf, where it zooms out as often as in, and long beofre it zooms in enough.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El Valluco View Post
    This is an old TIP but still find people that don't know about it: typing a contact's initials in univ. search will get you that contact! Can't even do that in android.
    THANK YOU! This is great!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    * For POP email accounts, a new preference lets you choose to delete a message on the phone when it is deleted on the server. The default is that messages deleted on the server are not deleted on the phone.
    I want to take advantage of this, but when I add a new account (enter a new address and password, then click "Sign In") the account gets installed as an IMAP not Pop3. There's no option to select POP3 or IMAP, and there's no manual option presented instead of "Sign In". Afterward, editing the account login info doesn't allow switching.

How do I convert an IMAP account to a POP3, or set one up in the first place so it doesn't default to IMAP?

(I now have three accounts in the Pre: one old one is pop3 and two new ones are imap. I can't remember doing anything special when I got the pop3 one started; it's been there a long time.)

Thanks for your attention.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandarve View Post
    Yes, nice little changes, but I still don't know exactly how to encode to have videos properly working on my Pre. All the videos I have (encoded and properly working for iPhone or PSP) only throw error messages, although the encoding looks the same as with the preinstalled promo video.
    You should probably address this issue here: //forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/203144-how-play-convert-videos-movies-your-pre-pixi.html
    When you tap on ADD AN ACCOUNT, and on the screen where it asks you for the EMAIL ADDRESS and PASSWORD; don't tap on SIGN IN, instead, access the MENU and select MANUAL SETUP.

Quote Originally Posted by jlwagner View Post
    I want to take advantage of this, but when I add a new account (enter a new address and password, then click "Sign In") the account gets installed as an IMAP not Pop3. There's no option to select POP3 or IMAP, and there's no manual option presented instead of "Sign In". Afterward, editing the account login info doesn't allow switching.

How do I convert an IMAP account to a POP3, or set one up in the first place so it doesn't default to IMAP?

(I now have three accounts in the Pre: one old one is pop3 and two new ones are imap. I can't remember doing anything special when I got the pop3 one started; it's been there a long time.)

Quote Originally Posted by jlwagner View Post

But... um... IMAP already works like that (restored) feature...
    I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but the update seems to have fixed the problem I was having with my Touchstone. Before the update, I would repeatedly get the "Charging Battery" message coming up over and over when I put the Pre on the Touchstone. Now, it behaves normally and the Pre goes to the lock screen. YAY!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but the update seems to have fixed the problem I was having with my Touchstone. Before the update, I would repeatedly get the "Charging Battery" message coming up over and over when I put the Pre on the Touchstone. Now, it behaves normally and the Pre goes to the lock screen. YAY!!
    You lucked out; mine still does that. Very annoying; I can't use the Pre as any kind of alarm clock while on the Touchstone sitting on my headboard. Have to turn the sound off so all of the stupid "charging" messages don't keep waking up my wife & I.
    Maybe you guys had defective touchstones? My first one touchstone was like that, until I decided to exchange it for another one and I have had no problems with it since..
    Quote Originally Posted by someonewhobikes View Post
    You lucked out; mine still does that. Very annoying; I can't use the Pre as any kind of alarm clock while on the Touchstone sitting on my headboard. Have to turn the sound off so all of the stupid "charging" messages don't keep waking up my wife & I.
    I've had this problem and re-booting the Pre made it go away but you also have to be very careful of the placement of the Pre on the Touchstone. On mine, if it's not placed just right, I get this problem that you are talking about.
    mobigamedepot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by djpushplay View Post
    I've had this problem and re-booting the Pre made it go away but you also have to be very careful of the placement of the Pre on the Touchstone. On mine, if it's not placed just right, I get this problem that you are talking about.
    Rebooting the Pre didn't seem to make the problem go away. It also didn't matter where I placed the phone on the Touchstone. Before the update, the only thing that seemed to work was to place piece of paper or business card very precisely between the Pre and the Touchstone. That was getting old really fast, so I'm glad this update (for whatever reason) seems to have fixed it.

Because it was fixed by an update, I'm guessing the issue was with a patch or something. I can't think of another reason why an update would fix the issue.
    I didn't remove patches prior to the update and now can't seem to get preware working; now into 50 minutes of loading package information. Yes, I prob should have removed the patches, life happens. Yes, I've searched and there is a multitude of info on this; that's the problem. I've been dealing with family issues, moving etc. and am worn out trying to get this phone working the way it was a couple months ago.

I only have a short time each night to try and figure it out and it's over my head. I know it's simple for most on this board; surely I'm not the only one having trouble. Thanks for any help u can give on what to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwalton View Post
    I didn't remove patches prior to the update and now can't seem to get preware working; now into 50 minutes of loading package information. Yes, I prob should have removed the patches, life happens. Yes, I've searched and there is a multitude of info on this; that's the problem. I've been dealing with family issues, moving etc. and am worn out trying to get this phone working the way it was a couple months ago.

I only have a short time each night to try and figure it out and it's over my head. I know it's simple for most on this board; surely I'm not the only one having trouble. Thanks for any help u can give on what to do.

You will be much better off downloading WebOS doctor(1.4 version) and doctoring your phone, especially since the problems are beyond your expertise. Trust me, I've been through this. Just doctor it, apply the "unthrottle download manager" patch. Hook it up to your wifi network(if you have wifi, and a pre.) and relax while your official apps and data are downloaded back to your phone. Then work on your homebrew stuff. You should have a phone without patch issues in about 20 minutes, and can have all your patches/homebrew apps back within the same 50 minutes you were waiting for preware to do all its syncing shenanigans.
    I have updated my phone to 1.4.0. and I would try to revert my theme to the webos, but evertime I connect it, it would say " There is a new version ,etc...would you like to download it" when I click "ok" it would say "fail" and I can't revert my theme,tweaks,take out patch, etc... what do I do?

Dan
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I hope we get a patch soon to fix these damn volume-up-down bugs that randomly occur when the screen turns on. :/