Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cantconnect View Post
    I want to know when they are going to come up with allowing you to personalize your SMS. I receive more text messages and IM's than phone calls and liked being able to know by the ringtone who the message was from.
    There's a patch for that.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    There's a patch for that.
    Patch is buggy.
    same here..ive always been able to use the universal search since I've had my phone..which was bk in July
    Quote Originally Posted by El Valluco View Post
    This is an old TIP but still find people that don't know about it: typing a contact's initials in univ. search will get you that contact! Can't even do that in android.
    Wow, didn't know that yet and it works the same way in the phone app. This nearly makes up for the missing favourite buttons I used on my Treo650 a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by prebee View Post
    Sitting in my stairway by the window leaning back and forth into the shade I noticed the screen changing intensity. I know there is a ambient light sensor when in a call. Can anyone verify this?
    Yepp, mine did that even with 1.3.5.2
    Quote Originally Posted by vladi View Post
    Why Palm doesn't document all these little new features after every update? Its in their best interest to do so. Pre is the only phone that has so many "hidden" features that you just have to find out yourself. Not even a manual can help you.

Palm could at least update their PDF manual every once in a while
    Working for a Software Company I can understand why Palm doesn't do very detailed or updated manuals. It simply is freakin' expensive.
    You don't easily find people qualified for such a job for an appropriate price. You need at least a small team that is in deep contact with developers as well as tech writers, verifying all details they get from development. If they get to know every change, that is ;-)

It would be much cheaper to hire just one person to check the web for forum entries like this one and send a memo to the tech writers. Thus you can have an updated manual at least 6 months after release ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but I noticed a bunch of new stuff in the Videos app. [...]
    Yes, nice little changes, but I still don't know exactly how to encode to have videos properly working on my Pre. All the videos I have (encoded and properly working for iPhone or PSP) only throw error messages, although the encoding looks the same as with the preinstalled promo video.
    I do not believe this was a part of 1.3.5.1 or earlier (I had not seen it before today)...

When I opened the music app, I wanted to search Amazon MP3 to see if they have an old song I like (doubt it; will NOT use iTunes because that's more profit for Apple) and when I hit the app menu, I saw an option for Pandora.

The menu item allows you to create a station based on artist name or song name (maybe even album name, etc.).

This is a very undocumented feature.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Here's what I've noticed about the LED Notification blinking. (Can someone please test this to see if I'm wrong or right?)

Whenever I receive a JUST A TEXT, I get the long, solid LED flash.

Whenever I receive JUST AN EMAIL, I get the quick, double LED flash.

If I receive both a text and an email in the time before I can check my phone, whichever was the LAST notification to come to my phone is how the LED will flash. For instance, If I receive a text THEN an email, I get the quick, double flash and if I receive an email THEN a text, I have a longer, solid flash.

About the Call Duration in the call log.

Go into your PHONE APP and then bring up your PREFERENCES (Tap top-left corner where it says Sprint(or Verizon?)). You will see a new option labeled CALL LOG. Be sure this is turned OFF so it DOESN'T hide the durations in the log. ALERT: When changing this option, it will require a Luna Restart, which it will give you the option to do so when you change the option from No to Yes or vice-versa.

To see the durations, go into your call log. Next to each log entry there is either a contact picture (or the generic icon if it's not a stored contact). Click that icon to see the call details. If your call was a connected call, it will give you the call duration in parenthesis, next to the phone number.

I hope this helps clear up what seems to be a lot of confusion about these two issues.
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by danib62 View Post
    anyone else notice that 1.4 fixed the vzw pre plus gps bug as well as the google calendar daylight savings time sync bug?
    Thank GOD for the Google Calendar bug fix. I had posted on here about that MONTHS ago!

Kudos Palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuamayJones View Post
    When in the web you can now go into your bookmarks list and tap and hold on a bookmark and rearrange them to appear in the order you want on the main page.

Been wanting this since last June.

Time for the U.S. to kick some hockey ***.
    I've been doing this for quite some time now. Not sure if it was just since the 1.3.5 update or not, but it's been a few months, at least.

ONLY FROM THE BOOKMARKS *LIST*, Not the Bookmark icons page.
    hmm no call log option for me. Am I missing something? Can you provide a screen shot please?
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    hmm no call log option for me. Am I missing something? Can you provide a screen shot please?
    I know this is going to sound stupid, but can you refresh my memory on how to do a screen capture?

I thought it was hold orange & shift and press P ????
    orange + sym + p

almost had it.

also is your phone vz or sprint?
    Almost; it's Orange+Sym+P
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    orange + sym + p

almost had it.

also is your phone vz or sprint?
    Thanks...

Here's the screen captures of both the call log with the call duration and the screen in preferences where you turn call duration on or off. Phone is a Sprint Pre

no call duration on my (unpatched) sprint pre, sorry. Screen goes right from show contact matches to international dialing.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    Thanks...
    Here's the screen captures of both the call log with the call duration and the screen in preferences where you turn call duration on or off. Phone is a Sprint Pre
    W-T-F!?! I don't have this on mine.
    mobigamedepot.com
    Isn't that a patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by abiezerf View Post
    Isn't that a patch?
    It might be. I didn't think it was because the original 1.4 changelog said it's supposed to have LED notifications and the patch that worked for 1.3.5 wasn't supposed to be renewed for 1.4. I'll check in a little bit if it's a patch.