Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425 LastLast
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    When using Sprint Navigation driving directions, the screen no longer shuts off.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightoftheWolfeans View Post
    I don't know if this is a new feature with 1.4, but when you are deleting calls from the Call History and you want to delete multiple items, you swipe one and instead of hitting delete, then swiping another, you can just swipe the first one, then a second one and the first one is automatically deleted. Just eliminates the step of having to hit "delete".
    Not new but still sweet.
    eh,

I don't think this is new, but I just realize that when connecting via USB it only has two options instead of 3. USB Drive and Just Charge.

I don't know why it looks new... but oh well
    web anchors now work.

try Washington, District of Columbia (20001) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground for iPhone and click on the buttons. You'll now scroll to the correct portion of the same page.

finally!
    I'm pretty sure this is a new feature but please correct me if am wrong: Has anyone else noticed that in email reply and compose, the EDIT menu now has font format options... Bold, Italics, Underline... Even Color text.
    Pretty sweet!
    --Posting from my Sprint Pre.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdogg View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is a new feature but please correct me if am wrong: Has anyone else noticed that in email reply and compose, the EDIT menu now has font format options... Bold, Italics, Underline... Even Color text.
    Pretty sweet!
    --Posting from my Sprint Pre.
    Been there for a while, although I just found out about it not too long ago myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by skorptheengineer View Post
    eh,

I don't think this is new, but I just realize that when connecting via USB it only has two options instead of 3. USB Drive and Just Charge.

I don't know why it looks new... but oh well
    If you go under Device Info/Preferences, you can enable media sync, then you will have 3 again.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    with 1.4 my backlight sensor finally works. It never did before. Everything's perfect.
    Global Posts
    798 Global Posts
    Why Palm doesn't document all these little new features after every update? Its in their best interest to do so. Pre is the only phone that has so many "hidden" features that you just have to find out yourself. Not even a manual can help you.

Palm could at least update their PDF manual every once in a while
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsavior View Post
    I think that was from a patch, so when the patch updates, it will come back.
    Negative...this is supposed to be part of the update. Mine is missing, too.

From Palm website:
    "■You can tap the contact photo or icon in a call history entry to display options for that entry, including dialing an alternate number, sending a text message, opening a contact, or adding the number as a contact. The expanded display also includes call details such as call length and phone number type."
    Wasn't there supposed to be a new Contacts sync solution in this update, or did I just miss something.

Only thing I noticed changing was when I go to calendar it defaulted to MY Computer for inputting new events instead of Google...

hmm...was hoping for a backup solution besides the cloud that doesnt cost $40 and didn't confuse me on which one I would like better. I just need a manual way to pull from the phone either USB or WiFi and put to Outlook and/or Google as a backup only.
    Update:
    I installed the patch that allows you to choose to see call duration, but THAT didn't work. As soon as I uninstalled the patch, call durations showed again.

Quote Originally Posted by qbngator View Post
    Negative...this is supposed to be part of the update. Mine is missing, too.

From Palm website:
    "■You can tap the contact photo or icon in a call history entry to display options for that entry, including dialing an alternate number, sending a text message, opening a contact, or adding the number as a contact. The expanded display also includes call details such as call length and phone number type."
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JayDjr View Post
    The Email Landscape Patch does not work with 1.4 so I was trying to use the "RocknRollHax" trick but that seems to be broken. :`( Has anyone been able to get email working in Landscape?
    My mistake... After a reboot it works just fine now.

*** Jay ***
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    It won't set a wallpaper for me, all I get is a black background...
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Nevermind, I rebooted my phone and it is now working.
    I do enjoy the new sound alerts for my different emails. I believe that is new, correct? The short Pre "provided" sounds work well for this. Simple improvement, but I like it!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

Be a Patriot, pray for Obama, Psalm 109:8

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Don't know of it's was mentioned before, but before 1.4, SMS maximum lenght was reduced to 70 if some special letter were used (; ; ; etc), now it's fixed! weeeeeeee!

(Using O2 unlocked Pre)
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor987 View Post
    When using Sprint Navigation driving directions, the screen no longer shuts off.
    This is not new, this was the case before 1.4. I've used navigation many times and while you are receiving driving directions the screen stays on unless you press the power button.
    Quote Originally Posted by computecam View Post
    Anyone notice how much better animated gif performance is?
    They seem to work better unless they are >2Mb then they are still pretty slow
    preware will not let me update, remove, or download patches, it keeps saying error: see IPKG log
    any suggestions?