Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 LastLast
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactusone View Post
    I'm missing the big clock ..............with 1.3 when the phone was locked you could just turn on the screen and check the time..now you have to unlock it first, then the date turns into the clock..

Is it just me or are others missing it also??
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    Yep, mine's gone too. And I don't get the lock but keep the screen on while it's on the TS now. I mean, the complaint after 1.3.5 was not being able to keep the screen on an unlocked while on the TS as before so now the screen stays on but locks? And we can't even manually turn it off and lock it anymore?

I'm having a real hard time finding this new update to be all that some folks are. Maybe I need to Dr. it and start over.

Damn Palm, are you not deep enough in the toilet already?
    Fixed!! I removed all patches and it's acting normal again. On the TS the screen will go off and display the clock.

I'm trying to get the updated patches now. I'll be happy again, it'll just take a few hours of jacking with it. Just what I wanted to do this weekend.
    When in the web you can now go into your bookmarks list and tap and hold on a bookmark and rearrange them to appear in the order you want on the main page.

Been wanting this since last June.

Time for the U.S. to kick some hockey ***.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Valluco View Post
    This is an old TIP but still find people that don't know about it: typing a contact's initials in univ. search will get you that contact! Can't even do that in android.
    Snap! I never new you could do this. It's like an easter egg.
    mobigamedepot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by El Valluco View Post
    I'm not 100% certain that this is new but noticed that the gesture area in the camera app now acts as a shutter button when tapped. nice but makes it really easy to take accidental pics too - esp if you hand the phone to someone to take a pic.

eh, I'm sure I'll get used it just like everything else...

this works in video camera mode as well.
    Strange. Doesn't do that on mine.
    mobigamedepot.com
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Fixed!! I removed all patches and it's acting normal again. On the TS the screen will go off and display the clock.

I'm trying to get the updated patches now. I'll be happy again, it'll just take a few hours of jacking with it. Just what I wanted to do this weekend.
    And people don't understand why I'm angry that Sprint is disabling call duration. "There's a patch though!" Doesn't help me, and this is why... I don't want to have to jack with my phone every time there's an update just to get a stupid feature that's ALREADY built into the OS and is very simple.

Sprint SUCKS hard. If they don't enable this feature I am takling a hike over to Verizon.

Ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by dante501 View Post
    u dont need to remove patches since quick install or preware now overide them after u have a new webos on it. works great.
    Has anyone else verified this? Does this mean your patches are still present and function, or that the OS update wipes them durig install so yo do not have to remove them priort to letting the OS update run?

THANKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by ssfrog View Post
    Has anyone else verified this? Does this mean your patches are still present and function, or that the OS update wipes them durig install so yo do not have to remove them priort to letting the OS update run?

THANKS!
    Verified - I removed the theme, but left everything else, and after the update I went into Preware and all the patches showed in updates. Note: some of them are now just "placeholders" until they get updated for 1.4, but it doesn't look like I lost any. And as they get updated (like Hide Nascar) they show up for updating and they'll put themselves back.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssfrog View Post

THANKS!
    Patches are still present but won't function properly until you get the quick install updated. I tried several time on preware and patches were showing but not working, until I did the quick install update. BTW, I did have preware and the package manager updated before the 1.4 update, but you still have to update QI. Hope that helps.
    Yep, mine's gone too. And I don't get the lock but keep the screen on while it's on the TS now. I mean, the complaint after 1.3.5 was not being able to keep the screen on an unlocked while on the TS as before so now the screen stays on but locks? And we can't even manually turn it off and lock it anymore?

I'm having a real hard time finding this new update to be all that some folks are. Maybe I need to Dr. it and start over.

Damn Palm, are you not deep enough in the toilet already?
    I had the problem once, since the update. I restarted the phone and have not had the problem again.

Although I have been having many other weird problems and resets. I think part of the problem is that some of the 3rd party software needs updates still. For example every time I use Slacker Radio, I seem to have a problem, with either the slacker app glitching (especially if I pause it) or a reset. For the most part VERY happy with WebOS 1.4 update, seems to have many speed improvements and other features, but before my Pre was VERY stable were as now its not. Also the power consumption in some cases seems better, for example it works better on the touchstone in my car (before I would disconnect/reconnect for a fraction of a second when hitting brakes), but in normal use it seems to be draining faster. What are others view of stability and battery?
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 02/28/2010 at 04:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    My lock screen worked normally immediately after the update
    and it works fine now, but last night when the battery was low (under 20%)
    I noticed the odd behavior some people are reporting, with
    the lock screen just showing whatever was active, with the drag
    button on top of it, and nothing else. Dunno if it's related
    to the battery or just some bit of randomness.

I do like that you can unlock by swiping up from the gesture area,
    but I wonder if it's going to make it easier to accidentally
    turn the phone on.

Oh, and someone earlier mentioned how US would drop a letter when
    you started typing. For me it was often the first letter dropped,
    and yes 1.4 seems to have fixed that.

ian
    just noticed the phone will actually go to 0% battery life for a while now before it actually dies... used to be at like 5% it would shut off.
    treo 650 > treo 700w > treo 800 > palm pre > evo 4g > 3vo

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    My lock screen worked normally immediately after the update
    and it works fine now, but last night when the battery was low (under 20%)
    I noticed the odd behavior some people are reporting, with
    the lock screen just showing whatever was active, with the drag
    button on top of it, and nothing else. Dunno if it's related
    to the battery or just some bit of randomness.

I do like that you can unlock by swiping up from the gesture area,
    but I wonder if it's going to make it easier to accidentally
    turn the phone on.

Oh, and someone earlier mentioned how US would drop a letter when
    you started typing. For me it was often the first letter dropped,
    and yes 1.4 seems to have fixed that.

ian
    Remove your theme and wait for it to be updated for 1.4 - should fix it (restart did not).
    hmm
    X//\/\\X
    did you get it to work?
    X//\/\\X
    Quote Originally Posted by poddie View Post
    And people don't understand why I'm angry that Sprint is disabling call duration. "There's a patch though!" Doesn't help me, and this is why... I don't want to have to jack with my phone every time there's an update just to get a stupid feature that's ALREADY built into the OS and is very simple.

Sprint SUCKS hard. If they don't enable this feature I am takling a hike over to Verizon.

Ridiculous.
    I got wind of how to manually flip the flag to enable this to show. All you need is to use WebOSQuickInstall's "Command Line" feature to run a command that will flip a flag from True to False so it's no longer hidden. I think that's all the patch does too.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Why does spring disallow showing call duration by VZW doesn't? Seems an odd thing to block though I guess Sprint figures they're forcing you onto the simply everything plan so who cares how long your calls are.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuamayJones View Post
    When in the web you can now go into your bookmarks list and tap and hold on a bookmark and rearrange them to appear in the order you want on the main page.

This isn't new. I've been rearranging my bookmarks like this since June. Great to mention it for those who don't know, tho.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by raverblood View Post
    have they fixed the way the camara saves the pics file name. i hate to have to use patches but its the only way i can save pics.. i have a friend that has a pre plus and doesnt have the filename issue >.<
    What patch is it that I can make names for my photos instead of just the filename?
    Sitting in my stairway by the window leaning back and forth into the shade I noticed the screen changing intensity. I know there is a ambient light sensor when in a call. Can anyone verify this?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuamayJones View Post

I can't move my bookmarks

nevermind, while im typing this, i re-read your post and saw I needed to be in the list. Now it works fine. Thanks