Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by twizardt View Post
    Did i miss something??
    There are new short versions of the ringtones that we can use as notification sounds.
    my Pre chose the absolute worst time to literally stop quit taking a charge meaning im sittin here with a dead Pre till i go to the Sprint store later on today.

if i dont manage to receive a new/working Pre tomorrow then ill be waiting with the rest of the verizon users.....

btw appreciate the thanks!!
    I noticed that email notifications are working again when the screen is off (screen turns off to quickly display notification).
    No Video Light? Boooooo Palm..
    The reboot logo seems to "shine" brighter. Little thing, but I noticed it.
    Just used Scoop, and there seems to be a new animation when switching scenes (e.g., opening a feed or an article, then moving back). Very smooth and attractive, and can't say that I noticed it when using Scoop before 1.4. Will check some other apps to see if they show the same behavior.

It's late, though, so maybe I'm just imagining things...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Two things. Not sure if mentioned yet but, Blink notifications was on by default and PRL was reset to 60659 on Sprint.
    I don't like the startup card thing when opening an application. I think it wastes time..
    I have noticed that multi mod and virtual keyboard don't seem to be working in 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone-Man View Post
    I sure as hell hope you are kidding?!?!?
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    The official 1.4 threads stickied up top are huge too.
    Honestly, the flash isn't designed to be kept on for extended periods of time. They probably don't want to risk having issues with that.
    A couple comments:

increased battery life across a wider range of user scenarios.
    They finally mentioned this again, but I'll believe it when I see it.

You can quickly unlock the screen by dragging up from the gesture area across the onscreen lock icon.
    If I'm reading this right, this is awesome! No more clicking a button and then swiping to unlock. Just swipe!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonButler View Post
    I don't like the startup card thing when opening an application. I think it wastes time..
    It doesn't. This was timed against someone with 1.3.5 and 600mhz clocking and it was exactly the same time.
    HTML anchoring is working!! But strangely Google Reader mobile site does not jump around properly, like it does on an Iphone. I guess Google Reader doesn't use normal HTML anchoring.
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    I sure as hell hope you are kidding?!?!?
    didn't see an option anywhere for it...
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Honestly, the flash isn't designed to be kept on for extended periods of time. They probably don't want to risk having issues with that.
    Would still like it to be my option though..
    Interesting. The camera buttons didn't rotate when you rotated the phone before...or did they?
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    It doesn't. This was timed against someone with 1.3.5 and 600mhz clocking and it was exactly the same time.
    I think I see what you mean.. But it can give the illusion at first that it takes longer.
    Would still like it to be my option though..
    ... So use the flashlight apps in Preware if you don't care about potential issues. It's not like they're stopping you from doing that, they're just playing it safe for the majority of people.
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast