Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactusone View Post
    I'm missing the big clock ..............with 1.3 when the phone was locked you could just turn on the screen and check the time..now you have to unlock it first, then the date turns into the clock..

Is it just me or are others missing it also??
    My guess is you have a theme loaded that hasn't been updated for 1.4 yet. The theme I was using (Blue 3) didn't close the screen when on the touchstone - lock screen with the launch wallpaper showing (and the lock button). It was updated by this morning and now works correctly.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactusone View Post
    I'm missing the big clock ..............with 1.3 when the phone was locked you could just turn on the screen and check the time..now you have to unlock it first, then the date turns into the clock..

Is it just me or are others missing it also??
    Mine is still there. What happens when you turn on your phone when it's closed?

Also if your phone is turned on while plugged in it skips the lock screen. That might be your issue. Same if you turn on your phone when the keyboard is open.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Does anyone know what this means:

Global Address Lookup now appears as a contacts search option when you perform a universal search.
    Quote Originally Posted by danib62 View Post
    Does anyone know what this means:
    Global Address Lookup is an Exchange feature. Basically it means that you can search anyone within your company who is on the Exchange server.

Now, those results show up in Universal Search.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ba11inga11day View Post
    I know this doesn't have to do with the post but is there anyway at all that us pre owners can get paid apps for free. preware doesnt give us that.ipod touches can and when will there be a way for us pre owners to do that?
    So what you're asking is if there is anyway to steal? Wonderful.

Curse palm for not including the ability to easily pirate software in their latest update!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ba11inga11day View Post
    I know this doesn't have to do with the post but is there anyway at all that us pre owners can get paid apps for free. preware doesnt give us that.ipod touches can and when will there be a way for us pre owners to do that?
    Yes there is a way to get paid apps for no cost to you!!! all you have to do is follow these simple steps.

1. Go to palm.com and download the webOS SDK.
    2. Learn how to make an app.
    3. Submit your new app to Palm with a price tag.
    4. Enjoy your new paid app that you have for free.

Most of the developers for webOs are not big companies, they are people like us. they put time and talent into their apps, do you put time or talent into anything? how would you like it if someone found a way to receive what ever it is that you're offering for free? this community is just starting to grow, if people start stealing apps now it may kill webOs!

I can see where you got confused, we patch our phones there for we must crack apps and steal ideas.
    the IPhone community wouldn't even notice one more Leech, maybe you should get an IPhone and jailbreak it.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Some good updates for sure. Now I wonder if they will ever give us voice dialing or slideshow view in our pictures. Two things I REALLY wish this phone had from day one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bok View Post
    on my updated phone with the keyboard closed, I see:

- Get a notification - regular blink
    - Hit power button to check notification (but not unlock) - changes to double blink
    - Get another notification - regular blink
    - Hit power button to check notification (but not unlock) - changes to double blink
    - Hit power button to check notification (but not unlock) - no blink
    This is exactly the behavior I'm experiencing. Have a Sprint Pre that was previously LED-patched (which I removed before the 1.4 update)

Also let three email notifications pile up but still only got one long blink (without touching it). Would like to have the number of blinks match the number of notifications like some have reported.

Anyone else experience this?
    yup, caught on to that yesterday!!
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    anyone else notice that 1.4 fixed the vzw pre plus gps bug as well as the google calendar daylight savings time sync bug?
    Haven't seen this one mentioned..

On all previous versions of WebOS, typing something (somewhat quickly) into universal search would always skip the second letter typed - you type "lucy" but get "lcy" - very annoying as I would have to slow down my typing. I verified this through a few Pre's I went through.

Well, this appears to have been addressed with 1.4! Type as fast as you want, now! Thanks Palm.

This is an old TIP but still find people that don't know about it: typing a contact's initials in univ. search will get you that contact! Can't even do that in android.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    call duration is NOT in the Call LOG... am i the only one???
    No, you are not the only one. But the original patch developer posted a new version this morning that will take care of it.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2264401
    I'm not 100% certain that this is new but noticed that the gesture area in the camera app now acts as a shutter button when tapped. nice but makes it really easy to take accidental pics too - esp if you hand the phone to someone to take a pic.

eh, I'm sure I'll get used it just like everything else...

this works in video camera mode as well.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I just got a text message while using the camcorder, and it interrupted my recording of the video.

I feel that a notification is a little less important than a video that I'm recording especially since notifications are meant to be "unobtrusive".

dont get me wrong, I just feel that palm overlooked this problem.
    1.4 seems to recognize and connect to my network faster. I have it set to not broadcast. When I first set it up I would have to repair. I realized I wasn't giving it enough time to connect. Now it recognizes it almost immediately.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone-Man View Post
    I'm just as grateful as the next person, however, I wouldn't consider this to be a "professional camcorder" by just adding a video light option. And I would disagree with it being a "Major" battery drain. If my battery gets low... I charge it. Obviously, the battery drain would be determined by the length of the video taken, but to me, this option fits together. Kinda like having a camera phone without a flash. While it works, it just doesn't fit. Other PDA's have this option: Blackberry, HTC, Samsung to name a few. Not to mention your run of the mill basic video phone. I would like to see a patch if possible. I'm just sayn'
    http: //forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/232995-patch-video-camera-flashlight. html

(sorry can't post it as a link and had to put spaces since my post count isn't high enough yet...copy and paste and remove the spaces after http: and before html)
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    No, you are not the only one. But the original patch developer posted a new version this morning that will take care of it.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2264401
    Thanks. I hadn't seen that thread. Now if I can only get the patch reinstalled.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Call duration shows fine on my pre plus and I don't have a single hack or patch on it. You just need to hit the picture in the call log to expand the entry.
    not sure if it's new or not, but you can go into the options for a contact and put them on your launcher page
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LC_3720 View Post
    not sure if it's new or not, but you can go into the options for a contact and put them on your launcher page
    It's not new.