Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    I installed the 1.4 update on my Sprint Pre and it looks like all my patches are toast... Do I need to run something now to re-activate 'em?
    Quote Originally Posted by couch1970 View Post
    Are you serious!! I JUST NOW deleted all 40 of my patches!! GREAT!! Now I have to waste time reloading them..

Well...at least I don't have to do that any longer, right?
    Lots of discussion about this the past several weeks...this featured article and this specific thread would be good places to start.

Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Was there always a red vertical line in the day view alongside the time slot that corresponds to the current time?

I don't recall -- it's a nice feature.
    New. Nice subtle indication of the current hour.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    This one is a strange addition. You press the power button and then slide thumb from gesture area to screen and it unlocks. Its not any more convenient or quicker than dragging the lock icon. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    I don't know why, but I just love the "Unlock with Gesture Swipe up".
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    New unlock screen is great! (shows whatever app is running and the little unlock ball)
    I still don't see any change here. As far as I can tell, my unlock screen looks and performs as it always has. FWIW, I have restarted my Pre several times since I updated.

Can some explain EXACTLY how this is supposed to work?

Quote Originally Posted by aboveavg View Post
    I am pretty ****ed they changed the vibrate duration for texts. Believe it or no this was one of my favorite features. Now there is no way to tell the difference between a text and an email if the ringer is off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbelex View Post
    Amen, hoping a patch will rectify this.
    Personally, I find the old AND new vibrate behavior to be seriously lacking. Thus I LOVE this patch that extends the messaging vibrate (there are also two other variations, as described int he OP, as well as the same patches available for email; I think they are all available in Preware). For details, I describe more here and here.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    The new "am" and "pm" indicators in the Calendar app are subtle, but helpful IMHO--wherever you scroll in a given day, the am/pm appears in the uppermost visible hour. Before the update, if 12am or 12pm weren't visible, or if you didn't know for sure what part of the day you were viewing, there was no indication if it was am or pm. Now there's no doubt.

TRIVIA: Did you know that technically there are no such times as 12am or 12pm. The proper references are either Midnight and Noon or 12 Midnight and 12 Noon. Don't you feel better knowing that?

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    thanks for explaining that I had to re-enter the signature info - I thought it had totally disappeared forever!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I noticed now pics with a flash make a delayed shutter noise quite often. It's a bit annoying.
    Same thing here. Threw me off a bit. It was hard to tell when the actual picture was taken. Definitely didn't behave that way before. Hopefully it is just temporary.
    For those wanting a light for video: [Patch] Video Camera Flashlight
    Mark A. Einersen
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhombre View Post
    Same thing here. Threw me off a bit. It was hard to tell when the actual picture was taken. Definitely didn't behave that way before. Hopefully it is just temporary.
    yea notice that too when I was taking pictures totally threw me off
    Same here.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    If anyone posted this already I apologize for the repeat.

The Browser now is significantly more compatible with web standards meaning more web sites will work properly. This is easily shown by running the acid3 web test. With 1.4 the Pre scores a 92/100, with 1.3.5 the Pre scores a 74/100.

This brings the browser that much closer to being on par with desktop browsers.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    I have my Palm Pre charge on a Touchstone in my car. I get a slight power drain when I hit my break (just for a fraction of a second). When this happens the "charging battery" message comes up. This is annoying if I hit my break a lot. I have a patch so the sound does not go off, but just the screen waking up is annoying. Well since the WebOS 1.4 update this no longer happens. This is Great! The Pre must need less energy from the Touchstone now is the only reason I can think.. Any one else with this experience?
    (posted in the VZ thread as well)
    I just finished my update on my Pre Plus and while I did notice that the speed for loading apps is about the same, there is a definite improvement with the phone app and messaging. Scrolling through the phone app is significantly better, as is regular contacts. Prior to this update, it would not scroll at all. It could still use some improvement as it does hiccup here and there and does pause to load some names if you scroll too fast, but it's MUCH better than what it was. It actually is scrolling now.

The other thing I noticed is that the time between moving your fingers across the screen and the screen picking that up is slightly quicker. They probably went from (I'm just guessing here) 25 pixels to about 15 or 20 pixels. It would be nice to see this get even smaller, but this is certainly another improvement. I know Palm said that they had a long discussion on this, but maybe they should just leave an option in the settings for each user to adjust for themselves....

A somewhat pleasurable change is in the launcher app. When you scroll up and down, it appears as though they refined the physics engine for scrolling as it appears to be much smoother and it scrolls much cleaner. Before it was a bit choppy but now it's pretty smooth and a slow swipe will keep the icons moving very slowly for a good time.

Another odd change I noticed (but then again it could just be that I haven't recognized it that much) was in the web browser. It does appear to be slightly quicker loading - at least now it appears that the page will display something before it finishes completely loading. But more interesting is the pinch zoom in and out. The pinching in and out seem quicker, but there seems to be more checker-boxing.

For instance, in the web browser, if you zoom into something, let the page completely refresh so the picture is clear. Once completely loaded, keep your two fingers on the web page and zoom back out - but be sure to not remove your two fingers from the screen. What it does now is resize just the pixels that were displayed when the page was zoomed in. Once you take your fingers off the screen, then the rest of the web page fills in. I don't know if Palm did this to help with the speed of zooming, but I couldn't help but notice this.

The last thing I noticed was the email app. I don't remember my emails being able to read html code before. I get quite a number of html based emails and they would always show me links instead of the images. A few emails I recently opened up had the full pictures and frames working perfectly. Not sure if this is just me not noticing it before, but it seems like it's at least working now. There were one or two messages that still didn't display right, but overall it seemed better.

I'm sad to see that the ability to add attendees to calendar appointments was not added, nor the option of making the appointments private, but I'm hoping Palm will have that in the works. I just can't imagine them not realizing how important this option is.

I don't have much time to go through everything else, but will post back when I find more.... but for now, good job Palm!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    my slider increased with 1.4!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbelex View Post
    Perhaps it's because I had the 'enable LED notifications' patch installed before the update? Can anyone else comment on this? I'd like to find out what the proper behavior is...
    Unpatched Pre here. It's behaving as detailed in post 137.

Kind of weird. Maybe goes to double blink in case you didn't notice it blinking, then the third check makes it stop because it assumes you're just trying to make it stop blinking without addressing notifications?
    I updated my Germany GSM Palm Pre but when i want see some flash videos i see nothing its same like 1.3.5 without flash support how can i enable it?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I'm curious if this is a new feature, or not. I searched but found no
    mention of it. Is the automatic dimming of the screen when
    the battery % gets down below 20% or so (maybe lower), a new
    or old feature? I don't normally let it run down that far, but decided
    to put the battery through a full cycle from empty to full and noticed
    that down under 10% the screen became very dim. I could turn
    it back up with the brightness slider, but the whole range was scaled
    down to conserve power.

ian
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leoryk View Post
    I updated my Germany GSM Palm Pre but when i want see some flash videos i see nothing its same like 1.3.5 without flash support how can i enable it?
    We all need to wait for the Flash app to appear in the app catalog. No one has that in their catalog yet, not even here in the US. Hopefully the beta will pop up this week but I wouldn't bet a whole lot on that.

1.4 simply has full Flash support built it. It is ready for it, Adobe just needs to give us the app now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I'm curious if this is a new feature, or not. I searched but found no
    mention of it. Is the automatic dimming of the screen when
    the battery % gets down below 20% or so (maybe lower), a new
    or old feature? I don't normally let it run down that far, but decided
    to put the battery through a full cycle from empty to full and noticed
    that down under 10% the screen became very dim. I could turn
    it back up with the brightness slider, but the whole range was scaled
    down to conserve power.

ian
    Nope, I haven't seen this before. It's a good idea. Man, tons of great little enhancements in 1.4. Palm really kicked some *** this weekend.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    This is not new. It has always done this.
    the Terminal app doenst work any more can someone help me
    I have no patches but I'm seeing a lot of crashing causing auto reboots. Once the screen came on with NO yellow drag button, then rebooted.

Also, when I touch the "Upload" options for the video, the app freezes for a very long time (about 30 seconds). Weird stuff going on.
    mobigamedepot.com
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    (posted in the VZ thread as well)
    I just finished my update on my Pre Plus and while I did notice that the speed for loading apps is about the same, there is a definite improvement with the phone app and messaging. Scrolling through the phone app is significantly better, as is regular contacts. Prior to this update, it would not scroll at all. It could still use some improvement as it does hiccup here and there and does pause to load some names if you scroll too fast, but it's MUCH better than what it was. It actually is scrolling now.

The other thing I noticed is that the time between moving your fingers across the screen and the screen picking that up is slightly quicker. They probably went from (I'm just guessing here) 25 pixels to about 15 or 20 pixels. It would be nice to see this get even smaller, but this is certainly another improvement. I know Palm said that they had a long discussion on this, but maybe they should just leave an option in the settings for each user to adjust for themselves....

A somewhat pleasurable change is in the launcher app. When you scroll up and down, it appears as though they refined the physics engine for scrolling as it appears to be much smoother and it scrolls much cleaner. Before it was a bit choppy but now it's pretty smooth and a slow swipe will keep the icons moving very slowly for a good time.

Another odd change I noticed (but then again it could just be that I haven't recognized it that much) was in the web browser. It does appear to be slightly quicker loading - at least now it appears that the page will display something before it finishes completely loading. But more interesting is the pinch zoom in and out. The pinching in and out seem quicker, but there seems to be more checker-boxing.

For instance, in the web browser, if you zoom into something, let the page completely refresh so the picture is clear. Once completely loaded, keep your two fingers on the web page and zoom back out - but be sure to not remove your two fingers from the screen. What it does now is resize just the pixels that were displayed when the page was zoomed in. Once you take your fingers off the screen, then the rest of the web page fills in. I don't know if Palm did this to help with the speed of zooming, but I couldn't help but notice this.

The last thing I noticed was the email app. I don't remember my emails being able to read html code before. I get quite a number of html based emails and they would always show me links instead of the images. A few emails I recently opened up had the full pictures and frames working perfectly. Not sure if this is just me not noticing it before, but it seems like it's at least working now. There were one or two messages that still didn't display right, but overall it seemed better.

I'm sad to see that the ability to add attendees to calendar appointments was not added, nor the option of making the appointments private, but I'm hoping Palm will have that in the works. I just can't imagine them not realizing how important this option is.

I don't have much time to go through everything else, but will post back when I find more.... but for now, good job Palm!
    the web browser "checker boarding" was in the previous version.