Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnicholasjr View Post
    Is it just me or is their a different Camera icon for the camera app?
    there's a different icon
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    No, still EV.

As for the blinks, I woke up at five to do the update so the servers wouldn't be so taxed, then went to sleep. When I woke up again at 11, I had emails and tweets, and the LED was blinking twice. I like it.
    Why do you want it to say 3G instead of EV? Everyone knows the EV "EVDO" is a 3G technology.
    Costco.com now works in the webbrowser as well as walmart and sams club those thre sites didnt work before
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by hselomein View Post
    Why do you want it to say 3G instead of EV? Everyone knows the EV "EVDO" is a 3G technology.
    Exactly!!!

But I think VZW changed it because they keep pimping "3G" since they are attacking ATT, because the average user has NO idea what "EV" means, even though EV = EVDO = 3G.

I'm glad Sprint kept "EV". Even my wife who is clueless with cell tech. knows that Ev = 3G = fast data speeds even though she uses a 'dumb phone'
    Can anyone tell me how to set up the new Email Notification Sounds? I used the Help App and it said to go to Email Preferences and click "Show Notification" but I don't have that as an option. I definitely have 1.4 (I've made about 20 videos already this morning) so I'm really lost.... HELP!
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrodave View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to set up the new Email Notification Sounds? I used the Help App and it said to go to Email Preferences and click "Show Notification" but I don't have that as an option. I definitely have 1.4 (I've made about 20 videos already this morning) so I'm really lost.... HELP!
    in eMail... tap the 'email' on top left of screen.. select 'preferences and accounts' then tap the email account in the 'accounts' section. from there in the 'new message' area tap 'ringtone' and select 'ringtone'. then a new area will appear and tap that. it will load the 'rintones' directory and you can select the tone you want to use =)
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    My biggest issue wasn't fixed apparently. Gmail still doesn't push on wifi. I was really hoping this would have been addressed.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Video Editing: Videos recorded go into the DCIM\100PALM directory of the USB drive. Videos in this folder can be edited. A sample video called 'Palm Pre' is found in the root directory of the USB drive and when the Videos app is brought up, it shows it in 'Loaded Videos' and you cannot edit it. However, if you drag it into DCIM\100PALM, when you play it, you can edit it. So in other words, you can edit uploaded videos as long as you put them in the Video Roll directory.
    Quote Originally Posted by 74256274 View Post
    Video Editing: Videos recorded go into the DCIM\100PALM directory of the USB drive. Videos in this folder can be edited. A sample video called 'Palm Pre' is found in the root directory of the USB drive and when the Videos app is brought up, it shows it in 'Loaded Videos' and you cannot edit it. However, if you drag it into DCIM\100PALM, when you play it, you can edit it. So in other words, you can edit uploaded videos as long as you put them in the Video Roll directory.
    I have to ask...whats up with your username? Did you just randomly type numbers or does it mean something.
    Those who have tried the new video camera have no doubt noticed a distinct lack of flashlight control.

And those who use my LED Torch app and/or my flashlight patches have noticed that opening the Camera app resets the flashlight to off.

So the only really solution is a Camera patch. And here it is! This patch will turn the flash control button into a flashlight control toggle in video recording mode.

I've had this on my device for a while now and I gotta say, it's surprising how much greater quality the flashlight gives video recordings.

Oh, and don't forget, SysToolsMgr service is required for this patch to work correctly
    Attached Files
    video-camera-flashlight.patch (4.4 KB, 120 views) Email Attachment

Developer of: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Repair Utility, WebOS Theme Builder, Unified Diff Creator, SysToolsMgr, FileMgr, Internalz, LED Torch, Preset Reset and over 30 patches.

Twitter:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 8 posts.
    I've done several tests and found that the phone will always pulsate slowly (like it did with the LED Notification patch) when it's sitting on a touchstone. It doesn't matter how many notification there are.

When the phone is NOT on a touchstone, it's doing the rapid double-blink.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjones1821 View Post
    Those who have tried the new video camera have no doubt noticed a distinct lack of flashlight control.

And those who use my LED Torch app and/or my flashlight patches have noticed that opening the Camera app resets the flashlight to off.

So the only really solution is a Camera patch. And here it is! This patch will turn the flash control button into a flashlight control toggle in video recording mode.

I've had this on my device for a while now and I gotta say, it's surprising how much greater quality the flashlight gives video recordings.

Oh, and don't forget, SysToolsMgr service is required for this patch to work correctly
    Attached Files
    video-camera-flashlight.patch (4.4 KB, 120 views) Email Attachment

Developer of: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Repair Utility, WebOS Theme Builder, Unified Diff Creator, SysToolsMgr, FileMgr, Internalz, LED Torch, Preset Reset and over 30 patches.

Twitter:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 8 posts.
    I dont see anything attached try again?
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    I have to ask...whats up with your username? Did you just randomly type numbers or does it mean something.
    It's my actual name spelled on a phone keypad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frothybyte View Post
    I think this may be one of the best features. It seemed like that is what I was doing all the time anyhow especially when I was browsing twitter and launched a link, I would always switch back to my twitter feed as that page was loading. Now I have to retrain myself not to swipe up immediately.

But that is a good thing

Agreed. I like the faster response...feels more tactile.
    i dont know if anybody has said this but the buttons like the ones in browser (the refresh button and back button) fade in instead of sliding up like they used to, after you open a minimized card
    In the photos app there's been a bug where you occasionally get a totally black screen when swiping to the next picture. I think this cropped up with the 1.3.1 update, and was still present in 1.3.5

I can't be 100% sure (because it was always intermittent), but it seems like 1.4 might have fixed this. Didn't see a black screen browsing about 50 photos; can't remember when I last went for even 20 without getting that blackout.
    Quote Originally Posted by drezilla View Post
    Yo video flash light worriers, relax. A patch will almost certainly be released to quelm your fears.

I am loving this update, waiting patiently for the flash.
    Yea, I was kinda thinking along the same lines. Now that the "patchers" have something to work with. I've waited this long for video, no reason to not be patient for the light..
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I am pretty ****ed they changed the vibrate duration for texts. Believe it or no this was one of my favorite features. Now there is no way to tell the difference between a text and an email if the ringer is off.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aboveavg View Post
    I am pretty ****ed they changed the vibrate duration for texts. Believe it or no this was one of my favorite features. Now there is no way to tell the difference between a text and an email if the ringer is off.
    Amen, hoping a patch will rectify this.

P.S. - Voice your frustration here. Palm reads and responds threads there.
    Last edited by Nrbelex; 02/27/2010 at 03:50 PM.
    Wi-fi speeds have been unleashed and now I can actually experience my 25mbps connection my Palm Pre.