Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by socdude View Post
    Not sure if this is new, but I like that I can finally change the sound for text messages!
    Ya, this was part of 1.3.5.
    Dangit...ok
    I had LED notification patch before updating to 1.4.

- 1 email, slow blink.
    - 2nd email, still slow blink
    - reset notifications
    - SMS, fast two blinks
    Quote Originally Posted by cgb77 View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned...I just noticed that clicking a link in a text message will now open the web app card right next to the messaging card. Previously, it would open as the last card and if you had several cards open, you'd have to swipe all the way back to the messaging card.
    Interesting. I've noticed this on 1.3.5, but it only did it randomly. About 75% of the time, the card would jump to the end of the deck, and 25% of the time it would "insert" right next to it. If they always insert, I'm happy.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    I had LED notification patch before updating to 1.4.

- 1 email, slow blink.
    - 2nd email, still slow blink
    - reset notifications
    - SMS, fast two blinks
    I too had the LED patch before the update and I'm definitely looking at different behavior. I'm getting 2 fast blinks for everything.

Unrelated: Can anyone else confirm that the vibration notification for a new SMS is now the same very short one as a new E-mail?
    yes there is a new icon for the camra.
  7. JSX
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb1984 View Post
    Any idea how to get preware working again without reconnecting to the computer and re-installing it? Mine sits on the loading screen and does nothing even after a few reboots.
    Thank you in advance
    My preware took a very long time, but eventually loaded. you may want to start Preware and just leave it for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbelex View Post
    I too had the LED patch before the update and I'm definitely looking at different behavior. I'm getting 2 fast blinks for everything.

Unrelated: Can anyone else confirm that the vibration notification for a new SMS is now the same very short one as a new E-mail?
    I turned the LED notification off and then back on and I can't get it to do the double blink anymore no matter how many SMS or emails I send myself. Definitely strange.
    LOL...what the... After I reboot, I'm getting the "old" lock screen with the wallpaper and clock now.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSX View Post
    My preware took a very long time, but eventually loaded. you may want to start Preware and just leave it for a while.
    Thank you very much. I will give that a try
    Gosh darn it! I was expecting an espresso machine function... Oh well, I am really appreciative of what I did get. The new update just makes a totally awesome phone even more awesome.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Still can't change the voicemail number, and now can't get rid of a "Sent from my Palm Pre" signature!!!!

What the ****** are Palm doing? Do what your customer's want!!!!

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    LOL...what the... After I reboot, I'm getting the "old" lock screen with the wallpaper and clock now.
    Haha, now you're exactly where I am. "Old" lock screen (wallpaper and lock button at bottom) and double blinks for everything, right? Can somebody who has never patched their phone please confirm if both of these are the default behaviors? Also:

- How many blinks do you get and under what circumstances?
    - What does your lock screen look like?
    - Are the vibration notifications now short for both E-mail and SMS?

Thanks!
  14. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    when you have a track playing and you back out of the main player to your lists, is that "Now Playing" button new?

also, it appears that "Sent from my Palm Pre" is back as my email sig even though i turned it off on June 6th.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Maybe this has been addressed already (I'm not gonna skim 7 more pages to find out) but the two do not work simultaneously.

Turn on MyFlashlight, then the video recorder, and the "fliashlight" closes. Close the recorder and MyFlashlight functions, again, as normal.
    Yeah, my next post on the subject was edited to mention that. At the time it seemed like a good idea though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbelex View Post
    Haha, now you're exactly where I am. "Old" lock screen (wallpaper and lock button at bottom) and double blinks for everything, right? Can somebody who has never patched their phone please confirm if both of these are the default behaviors? Also:

- How many blinks do you get and under what circumstances?
    - What does your lock screen look like?
    - Are the vibration notifications now short for both E-mail and SMS?

Thanks!
    Not exactly. I can't get the fast blinks anymore.

Blinks:
    Can only get slow blinks. Experienced fast blink only once and then rebooted, can't get again.

Lock screen:
    Wallpaper and lock icon. After experiencing both, I prefer the "old" one because on the "new" one you couldn't see the descriptions of SMS and email messages when turning on the phone, just the small white icons at the bottom right of the screen.

Vibrations:
    SMS vibrate is short, email vibrate is long.
    Guess what!?

It's a big deal to me because it was highly annoying in the last version of webOS and its fixed now.

In the youtube application, the video loads entirely as opposed to just a portion of it. When you move the icon in the scrub bar the video doesn't lose the data already loaded. It keeps it loaded so you can skip around in the video with absolutely no lag or need to reload the portion you skipped to.

NICE
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Anyone else notice that the forward gesture no long works in the web browser?
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts

Blinks:
    Can only get slow blinks. Experienced fast blink only once and then rebooted, can't get again.

Lock screen:
    Wallpaper and lock icon. After experiencing both, I prefer the "old" one because on the "new" one you couldn't see the descriptions of SMS and email messages when turning on the phone, just the small white icons at the bottom right of the screen.

Unpatched phone here have the update and still have the original lock screen (wallpaper with lock icon).
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

Blinks:

Lock screen:

Vibrations:
    SMS vibrate is short, email vibrate is long.
    Well this is interesting...

Just to reiterate:
    We both started out with phones with the LED blink patch. I now get 2 rapid blinks under all scenarios. Checking with a few other people, I think that this is the proper behavior. Lock screen should be the same as pre-1.4. There should not be a "new" lock screen. I have short vibrations for new E-mails and SMS - not sure what the proper behavior is here yet...