Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    New unlock screen is great! (shows whatever app is running and the little unlock ball)
    I disagree. I dont want anyone seeing what im doing if i leave my pre on the table....Wish there was a show or dont show toggle. Bet there will be a patch in a few weeks.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    New unlock screen is great! (shows whatever app is running and the little unlock ball)
    I don't get that. Mine still shows my wallpaper with the unlock ball.
    I actually did update without removing patches or anything! I know its a lil more risky but just wanted the Newbie-Neophyte WebOS users to know, Dont worry and Run with it! ;-)
    Woah, I literally noticed this behavior after I rebooted just now. Strangely I was getting the "old" lock screen before this reboot, even after I updated to 1.4 last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by splitsick View Post
    They said Flash would be in app catalog shortly, not right away. Gives us something else to look forward to.
    And I'd like to think it also give us something else to see trumpeted in the media a few days from now (Today: "WebOS 1.4 arrives!" Next week: "Palm Pre Flash app arrives!")

Am I too naive for hoping that a few "good news" pieces like that might help lift Palm's fortunes? Probably, but please don't force me to that realization just yet
    Nice history when you start typing in the web browser search.

Like that a lot.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    Woah, I literally noticed this behavior after I rebooted just now. Strangely I was getting the "old" lock screen before this reboot, even after I updated to 1.4 last night.
    I've rebooted a bunch of times and still have the old system: wallpaper with unlock button at bottom. It's funny 'cause I prefer it like this to showing my running apps... maybe it won't change?

More broadly, it looks like there are a lot of changes which "took" for some people and not others. I wonder how much patching has to do with this...
    Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    I don't know why, but I just love the "Unlock with Gesture Swipe up".
    Are you still required to press sleep/screen button in order to do the gesture or you just swipe it up from gesture area and screen comes on?
    Quote Originally Posted by cshrader View Post
    I don't get that. Mine still shows my wallpaper with the unlock ball.
    Reboot your phone and you should get it.

I can see the new lock screen being something that will be argued as being good and bad. Too bad there's not a setting to choose since I really liked seeing the background image with the nice big clock when turning on the phone. But I don't mind the new behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbelex View Post
    Interesting. My phone does not display this behavior. I get the double short blinks no matter what.
    Me too. A single new email message makes it double-short-blink. Anyone know for sure what it is supposed to be doing?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I disagree. I dont want anyone seeing what im doing if i leave my pre on the table....Wish there was a show or dont show toggle. Bet there will be a patch in a few weeks.
    Well you can always just set a password/pin if you care about your privacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladi View Post
    Are you still required to press sleep/screen button in order to do the gesture or you just swipe it up from gesture area and screen comes on?
    Yes. When you turn the phone on, you can either touch the lock and swipe up, or go from gesture area upward. For me, when I swipe up from gesture area, I have to swipe a tiny bit slower than using the lock icon for it to register properly though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbelex View Post
    Interesting. My phone does not display this behavior. I get the double short blinks no matter what.

Mine works just as ToddK said: one notification = 1 long blink and 2 or more notifications = 2 short blinks
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cshrader View Post
    Mine works just as ToddK said: one notification = 1 long blink and 2 or more notifications = 2 short blinks
    Perhaps it's because I had the 'enable LED notifications' patch installed before the update? Can anyone else comment on this? I'd like to find out what the proper behavior is...
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I went back to the palm site just to reread the new changelog for the pixi and it does say 1.4 supports flash on the pixi woofreakinhoo... Also when I try to upload a video to you tube it tells me to sign in, password, do you need an account to do this and how do I get one if you do?
    Any idea how to get preware working again without reconnecting to the computer and re-installing it? Mine sits on the loading screen and does nothing even after a few reboots.
    Thank you in advance
    if you have muliple missed notifications it will blink that many so you know how many you missed. Very nice
    I noticed that the messaging app shows the phone # of the person who text you on the timestamp line. I'm not sure if this was there before as I had the timestamp patch.
    Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    Yes. When you turn the phone on, you can either touch the lock and swipe up, or go from gesture area upward. For me, when I swipe up from gesture area, I have to swipe a tiny bit slower than using the lock icon for it to register properly though.
    Shame. I was looking forward to not touching that button ever again.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb1984 View Post
    Any idea how to get preware working again without reconnecting to the computer and re-installing it? Mine sits on the loading screen and does nothing even after a few reboots.
    Thank you in advance
    I had to connect to Quick Install and remove/reinstall it.