Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    The most noticeable performance improvement that I've seen so far is that the notifications bar is quicker to appear/disappear and causes less UI lag while doing so. For example, if you multitask away from the music player card to messaging, scrolling through your list of contacts would slow to a crawl while the notification bar popped in and populated itself with the music player icon. Now the notification bar shows up before I can even get to the messaging card. Then again, this could just be standard behavior after a fresh reboot and I could be suffering from the post-update placebo effect
    I don't know why, but I just love the "Unlock with Gesture Swipe up".
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    whats the freaking problem with other providers? I don't think there different versions for different providers...jesus.....u know what? ** Palm! I payed exactly the same as anyone else!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Not sure if this was mentioned...I just noticed that clicking a link in a text message will now open the web app card right next to the messaging card. Previously, it would open as the last card and if you had several cards open, you'd have to swipe all the way back to the messaging card.
    The bug that prevented calendar entries created on the Pre from uploading to the Exchange calendar when Network Timezone was active seems to be fixed. There is also a new message that suggests going into and out of Airplane mode to update Network Timezone immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSyMe View Post
    whats the freaking problem with other providers? I don't think there different versions for different providers...jesus.....u know what? ** Palm! I payed exactly the same as anyone else!
    Ummm...maybe you should take that up with said carrier. I'm sure Palm wanted to delay this update for some, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSyMe View Post
    If all providers used the same version, there would be no need for separate WebOS Doctors for each provider. In other words, there ARE different versions for each provider.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    LED notifications -

one message = one slow long "blink"

....two or more notifications = 2 shorter "blinks"

very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery42 View Post
    The most noticeable performance improvement that I've seen so far is that the notifications bar is quicker to appear/disappear and causes less UI lag while doing so. For example, if you multitask away from the music player card to messaging, scrolling through your list of contacts would slow to a crawl while the notification bar popped in and populated itself with the music player icon. Now the notification bar shows up before I can even get to the messaging card. Then again, this could just be standard behavior after a fresh reboot and I could be suffering from the post-update placebo effect
    Nope, it's not placebo. I noticed this too. Awesome.
    They said Flash would be in app catalog shortly, not right away. Gives us something else to look forward to.
    Any idea how to get it working again without reconnecting to the computer and re-installing it?
    Thank you
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by costas View Post
    the vibrate notification for text messages was shortened. it vibrates just as long as it used to vibrate when you got an email.. now i never really know when i have a txt since it's so subtle.
    Noticed this too. Not cool. Definitely looking for a patch to restore the old system...

Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    I don't know why, but I just love the "Unlock with Gesture Swipe up".
    How is this different from the old behavior...?

Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    LED notifications -

one message = one slow long "blink"

....two or more notifications = 2 shorter "blinks"

very nice.
    Interesting. My phone does not display this behavior. I get the double short blinks no matter what.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    In the top left corner of the screen on the home page, where it used to say "Sprint", now it doesn't say anything. In that same corner, if you launch the phone app, it now says "Palm".

ETA: In the Messaging app, on the IM screen, if you tap Messaging in the top left corner, you have the option to view offline buddies
    Quote Originally Posted by Querida View Post
    In the top left corner of the screen on the home page, where it used to say "Sprint", now it doesn't say anything. In that same corner, if you launch the phone app, it now says "Palm".

ETA: In the Messaging app, on the IM screen, if you tap Messaging in the top left corner, you have the option to view offline buddies
    Mine still says Sprint on both.
    In the end, this is what I found to be true-- I was unable to fully remove patches via QuickInstall EPR. The update took place and everything seems to be fine-- No patches functional!
    Quote Originally Posted by Querida View Post

Mine still says "Sprint" in both places. Do you have any patches that add text to the top bar?
    did the font size in the browser change? On the Precentral forums mobile site "welcome back" is on different lines. Was it always like that?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    New unlock screen is great! (shows whatever app is running and the little unlock ball)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjohns View Post
    The bug that prevented calendar entries created on the Pre from uploading to the Exchange calendar when Network Timezone was active seems to be fixed. There is also a new message that suggests going into and out of Airplane mode to update Network Timezone immediately.
    Thanks! I could not figure out why this was happening. I thought it was something wrong with the Exchange server. I'm thrilled it is fixed.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    Mine still says "Sprint" in both places. Do you have any patches that add text to the top bar?
    My phone is completely stock - I've never applied a patch to it. The Sprint corner button disappeared when I did a restart of the phone following a successful installation of 1.4.