Page 1 of 96 1234561151 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Use the Anticipation Thread until webOS 1.4 is released.

Please post your feedback about the new webOS update into the appropriate forum:

webOS 1.4 New Features & Changes

webOS 1.4 Issues

webOS 1.4 Discussion

webOS Patch Discussion

There will be some differences between the different carriers and models so please post your carrier and model. Palm has said that they intend to keep all phones and carrier versions closely alligned.

webOS Updates
    The developers tell us that you may not need to remove the new AUPT patches before the update but you still need to remove any themes...

Remove all Patches and Themes - From Getting Started: WebOS Quick Install:
    1. Remove themes. Click ToolsThemer Revert to Default
    2. Remove all patches. Click ToolsTweaksRun EPRLuna Restart

Remove all Patches and Themes - From Getting Started: Preware:
    1. Remove themes. Tap Installed Packages Theme → Tap your theme → Remove → OK OK
    2. Remove all patches. Tap List of Everything then type "emergency" and tap Emergency Patch RecoveryInstall
    3. Restart your phone. Press these buttons at the same time: Orange-Sym-R

Please post only specific issues you have had with the new webOS in this thread including details about when the problem occured, what you were doing, etc.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 02/16/2010 at 02:01 PM.
    Issues with webOS 1.4? post them here.
    My phone was stuck on the "Checking for updates..." while a friend on the same wifi network already was downloading. So finally I gave up and restarted my Pre (power down and restart) and it immeadiately started updating after restart and re-check of updates!
    My Pre has been stcu in unpacking for 25mins. Its about half way through the progress bar and seems to be stuck? Anyone else have this issue?

How long did your install take?

Just keep waiting?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I did full erase, partial erase and nothing.

Finally Doctored my Pre and got it working.
    Unpacking took awhile. Not 25 minutes, but it took longer than downloading for me. Perhaps 10 or 15 mins. Validating was very fast. Installing is another 10 or 15 minute operation.
    During the "Unpacking" stage, when my phone turned off its display and I woke it up, it would display the "Download Now" button instead of "Unpacking" Once I pressed the button it wouldn't stage over, it would keep unpacking and it would still unpack fine but just a weird issue to be on the look out for. Keep it awake if at all possible?
    Last edited by JonVisc; 02/27/2010 at 02:30 AM. Reason: further explanation
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    okay mine went through the start up stuff then cam to a screen that says www.palm.com/rom? anyone know what the heck is up i guess going to that site might help huh.

yep went to the site and have to doctor it. im so ****ed right now. now i have to wait 25 minutes to get the doctor and another who knows how long to download and install 1.4.
    Last edited by jwinn35; 02/27/2010 at 02:43 AM. Reason: went to the site
    yes to to the PDF, had to uninstall it. will try later. It was not one of my frequently used ones any way. Also got error on "multimod" instal. no problems on any of the others so far, but it only found updates for 17 of my 30+ patches, luna restart now and will fire up preware again. I will be up all night for this, but I think 1.4 is a big as the introduction of the Pre itself!!
    my phone is freezing up constantly. i finished updating and got 1.4 running but its been an hour of rebooting and still haven't been able to test out anything other than video recording.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I can't turn Mobile Hotspot on after the update. Literally the slider switch doesn't turn on.
    everything keeps crashing for me. The camera doesn't work and the my ringtones won't play
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Times to install over WiFi (NYC):

Patched Pre
    total: 1h 17m
    1:41 downloading [19 min]
    2:00 unpacking [26 min]
    2:26 validating [2 min]
    2:28 installing [17 min]
    --- 2:36 double dinged and vibrated at 50% mark
    2:45 Rebooting [15 min]
    2:50 Palm Logo [8 min] (pulsing at 2:54)
    2:58 Home Screen!

Update Patches via Preware (w/AUPT)
    total: 13m
    3:00 Launched Preware (see 32 package updates)
    3:02 Hit 'Update All' Button [9 minutes]
    3:11 Luna Restart [2 minutes]
    3:13 Home Screen!

Stock Pre
    total: 1h 12m
    2:00 downloading [20 min]
    2:20 unpacking [23 min]
    2:43 validating [2 min]
    2:45 installing [18 min]
    3:03 rebooting [5 min]
    3:08 Palm Logo [4 min] (pulsing at 3:09)
    3:12 Home Screen!
    The update worked for me, but all my App Catalog apps are gone. They don't show up in the App Catalog My Apps section.

They do show up as "download for free", but when I tried to re-download NFSU and Monopoly, it gives me an error saying I'm out of space although I have 2GB free on the phone. Basically, it won't let me install anything. What a joke!

This is going to turn into a major pain.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LVRealtor View Post
    I can't turn Mobile Hotspot on after the update. Literally the slider switch doesn't turn on.
    Ditto :-(

But MyTether 2.1.0 still works!
    Last edited by rlopin; 02/27/2010 at 03:26 AM. Reason: added MyTether test results
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    The Chase Mobile website (http://www.chase.mobi) no longer works in the browser with 1.4. Just a blank white page. Of course it had to break one of the websites I visit daily.
    I just had this weird camera app bug..

I took a video and then went to watch it and it just kept loading all day so I close the camera app and tried to reopen it and the camera app was all gray :S I did a restart and I actually saw my video instead of a black screen for a bit it was quite weird..

After the reboot I can view my video fine. Its very weird that it happened though..

-Toaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    The update worked for me, but all my App Catalog apps are gone. They don't show up in the App Catalog My Apps section.

They do show up as "download for free", but when I tried to re-download NFSU and Monopoly, it gives me an error saying I'm out of space although I have 2GB free on the phone. Basically, it won't let me install anything. What a joke!

This is going to turn into a major pain.

I have this same issue. I am missing everything except for th original Palm apps.
    Okay so here's the result of updates (Preware) after 1.4 install:

Patches that don't work:

- Call duration in call log
    - Hide musicplayer app
    - Multi-Mod

Theme:

Blue Carbon got erased/reset, but still showed as installed. I removed it via Preware and then re-installed and it was good to go.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
Page 1 of 96 1234561151 ... LastLast