Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458590919293949596 LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 1902
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    Guys...I'm not even working for Palm and I can tell you, this thread is full of truth...BUT..unfortunately not a THING will be done unless log files are produced for them to actually LOOK at the issue. I've joined the actual palm community on their website and complained there, I got a Tech Rep that contacted me from them and helped me produce a log file and now they are looking at WHAT is failing in my wifi, for instance...we can complain till this thread is 1000 pages and it won't make a difference. Stop complaining here and get over there and give them log files! If you don't, don't be the ones to complain when 1.41 doesn't fix your issue!
    How do we go about sending Palm our log files? I've posted my issues over on their support forums, but is that enough?
    Battery---Battery----Battery

This phone has almost become worthless to me for a work phone.

After the 1.4 update by noon 50% is gone.

On a good day it will make it to 5:30 pm.....ugh!!!
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Laggy laggy laggy!! Drives me crazy how laggy 1.4 is!

When i type in text or email the letters take forever to appear on the screen!! I let my roommate send a text to his girl from my phone and he was like "*** your phone is slow and laggy".

Webos needs to be waaaaay faster in my opinion... Also i have noticed that my phone freezes alot more often since 1.4...

Palm needs to get their ***** together because of right now im switching to the evo when it is released...
    Last edited by MacBook; 04/05/2010 at 01:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AberrantPhoto View Post
    How do we go about sending Palm our log files? I've posted my issues over on their support forums, but is that enough?

Private message one of the "techs" you see in orange.
    forget about instalation, I'm **** with the "Sorry, Too Many Cards" issue..... I've never been a big fan of iphones or ipods, but lets be for real, you've never seen this issue with their devices. I'm really dissapointed of palm and I'm really considering changing to an iphone. Everytime you want to start up a single game, the too many card error comes out, that's annoying as hell.... WebOS knows this issue from the beginning and have never corrected the problem...... Shame on them!....... "Iphone here I go"!
    Quote Originally Posted by mazhassan View Post
    Since 1.4, the ability to search for contacts through universal search has stopped working.

This is pretty annoying as its an integral feature.
    I wiped the phone, the problem was resolved, then returned after a period of time?

So i used the webos doctor, and the problem resolved for a couple of days.

Now its back! Once its back it never goes away unless i reset or doctor.

Could this be a hardware problem?
    Anyone else experiencing similar difficulties?

any advice appreciated
    Same. Have not been able to search contacts through universal search since 1.4

POST 1.4.1.1 UPDATE: I am pleased to report that after 1.4.1.1 my email accounts have magically returned!!! Universal search now also searches contacts again!!!... yet sloooowllllyyyy.

Hope the intermittent screen blackoutages have stopped.... we will see....
    Last edited by ETUTREO300; 03/31/2010 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Update
    ETUTREO300
    My update application hasn't worked lately, and it might not have worked since 1.4. I start it, and it keeps "checking for updates," but it just never stops spinning.
    Quote Originally Posted by ersanchez1822 View Post
    forget about instalation, I'm **** with the "Sorry, Too Many Cards" issue..... I've never been a big fan of iphones or ipods, but lets be for real, you've never seen this issue with their devices. I'm really dissapointed of palm and I'm really considering changing to an iphone. Everytime you want to start up a single game, the too many card error comes out, that's annoying as hell.... WebOS knows this issue from the beginning and have never corrected the problem...... Shame on them!....... "Iphone here I go"!
    You FOOL, you've never seen that error on an iPhone because the iPhone doesn't support multitasking!

Go to your iPhone!

Fool!

Rob

Update: Just add a bit of technical info:

The 1.4.1.1 update is supposed to help fix the 'sorry no more cards issue'. Remember, since this a multitasking product (which the iPhone is NOT and Android handle's differently), developers need to write very carefully constructed application code taking into account the multitasking requirements of the OS (WebOS). If not perfectly written to specs, you are going to have memory leaks. Memory leaks, cause there not to be enough memory to open more applications. Because the ones you closed or quit out of did not properly close and return their memory back to the OS to be used by another application needing the memory.
    So the OS just runs out of memory to open more applications and you get 'sorry no more cards can be opened'.

Palm is trying to do 'garbage collection' to gather up memory by applications not closing properly. There were problems in the way 1.4 tried to resolve these issues and in doing that introduced a different set of problems that cause even more 'sorry no more cards can be opened', then it fixed.

So Palm with this update, reverted back to mostly the way it handle things in 1.3.5 and twiddled with some other stuff.

Remember, they are trying to solve two main issues, making sure there is memory to go around and making sure that battery life is extended.

So don't necessarily blame Palm for all of this, some of this is developers not writing code carefully enough and most of the time it's unintentional that it is written the way it is.

We now have full video games that can't be allowed to lag for the player, but in return WebOS does not have anytime to do 'garbage collection' to prevent issues.

It can be a catch 22 for Palm.

The only way to permanently fix the 'sorry no more cards can be opened' is to do away with 'multitasking'.

Do you really want that, or do you want to give Palm a chance to fix something this is very very complicated to resolve.

If it was so easy to do all of this, the iPhone would have had multitasking years ago, and it still won't have true multitasking with the new version of hardware coming out this summer. Its going to do something like 'sandboxing' which is not really true multitasking.

So stop complaining... and try and read some stuff to learn why this is so difficult to get just right.

You might want to look at the 'developers' update notes, the notes they handed out to the developers on the fixes in 1.4.1.1 and not the note they gave regular users. A link is posted in the articles on the front page of Precentral.net.
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 04/01/2010 at 01:30 AM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Thanks professor, ur explanation was pretty helpful...... I have a question now (nothing personnal) I just want to know why if the iphone is not multitasking, people can get phone calls and check the internet at the same time? That would be a great feature on webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by ersanchez1822 View Post
    Thanks professor, ur explanation was pretty helpful...... I have a question now (nothing personnal) I just want to know why if the iphone is not multitasking, people can get phone calls and check the internet at the same time? That would be a great feature on webOS.
    The iPhone currently multitasks only its core apps like music, phone etc. People can make phone calls and check the net because of GSM technology used by AT&T (vs CDMA for Sprint). GSM Pre's will not have this problem.

Try writing an email while listening to a radio station on accuradio while getting a notification in the bottom from a friend, answering the notification and popping back to your email on an iphone..
    Go for the iphone...you'll be sorry! Palm has corrected the "Sorry, too many open cards" issue it appears (at least on my phone they have). I had a few other issues after 1.4 but since 1.4.1 I have had NO issues yet.

A T & T's service cost is HIGH also. If you want to pay more and not get as many features...go for the iphone.
    Is anyone else having problems with the update app just constantly "checking" and never finding anything or saying it hasn't found anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphy View Post
    none of my audio streaming apps are working(Pandora, RadioTime, Slacker, drPodder, Sticher, DatPiff, and Grooveshark).. Am I the only one with this issue?
    i am having the issue with Datpiff, all the others are working fine for me, so have drpoddr... I have restarted the phone, deleted the app and reinstalled it, updated network setting...
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    i am having the issue with Datpiff, all the others are working fine for me, so have drpoddr... I have restarted the phone, deleted the app and reinstalled it, updated network setting...
    Theres a mobile datpiff??
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnycb View Post
    Battery---Battery----Battery

This phone has almost become worthless to me for a work phone.

After the 1.4 update by noon 50% is gone.

On a good day it will make it to 5:30 pm.....ugh!!!
    I have the same problem. Before the update, my battery would last 12 hours or more under normal use. Now its 3 or 4 tops! I did online chat with Palm tech support this morning and did a soft reset (plug the phone into the wall charger and pull and replace the battery). The tech rep seemed confident that would solve my problem. I'm charging the battery up again (the rep said to leave it plugged in for 4 hours uninterrupted) and hoping for the best! I guess its worth a try.

Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob LeBlah View Post
    Before the update, my battery would last 12 hours or more under normal use. Now its 3 or 4 tops!Good Luck!
    Mine lasts a little longer than 4 hours, but it definitely doesn't make it through a work day.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    You FOOL, you've never seen that error on an iPhone because the iPhone doesn't support multitasking!

Go to your iPhone!

Fool!

Rob

Update: Just add a bit of technical info:

The 1.4.1.1 update is supposed to help fix the 'sorry no more cards issue'. Remember, since this a multitasking product (which the iPhone is NOT and Android handle's differently), developers need to write very carefully constructed application code taking into account the multitasking requirements of the OS (WebOS). If not perfectly written to specs, you are going to have memory leaks. Memory leaks, cause there not to be enough memory to open more applications. Because the ones you closed or quit out of did not properly close and return their memory back to the OS to be used by another application needing the memory.
    So the OS just runs out of memory to open more applications and you get 'sorry no more cards can be opened'.

Palm is trying to do 'garbage collection' to gather up memory by applications not closing properly. There were problems in the way 1.4 tried to resolve these issues and in doing that introduced a different set of problems that cause even more 'sorry no more cards can be opened', then it fixed.

So Palm with this update, reverted back to mostly the way it handle things in 1.3.5 and twiddled with some other stuff.

Remember, they are trying to solve two main issues, making sure there is memory to go around and making sure that battery life is extended.

So don't necessarily blame Palm for all of this, some of this is developers not writing code carefully enough and most of the time it's unintentional that it is written the way it is.

We now have full video games that can't be allowed to lag for the player, but in return WebOS does not have anytime to do 'garbage collection' to prevent issues.

It can be a catch 22 for Palm.

The only way to permanently fix the 'sorry no more cards can be opened' is to do away with 'multitasking'.

Do you really want that, or do you want to give Palm a chance to fix something this is very very complicated to resolve.

If it was so easy to do all of this, the iPhone would have had multitasking years ago, and it still won't have true multitasking with the new version of hardware coming out this summer. Its going to do something like 'sandboxing' which is not really true multitasking.

So stop complaining... and try and read some stuff to learn why this is so difficult to get just right.

You might want to look at the 'developers' update notes, the notes they handed out to the developers on the fixes in 1.4.1.1 and not the note they gave regular users. A link is posted in the articles on the front page of Precentral.net.
    Rob, thanks for your explanation but as you ask understanding from us (users) please as well have understanding for our frustration. Without this forum I would have smashed this phone against the wall many times and you talk to a Palm user from the very first beginning. With this phone you only can hope that the real fanatic palm users will stay but impossible to compete with any other phone to get new clients.
    Every weekend I have trouble as now again. I refused to install webos 1.4.1 as my phone would not work. Now I stand up this morning and "magically" it is installed. Even more magically my phone do is working but it cannot be a pre without trouble. Now again is not working my Preware. I get message that is not installed the Packaga Manager Service. I deleted, reinsatlled, etc but still Preware not working. Please help ... again
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob LeBlah View Post
    I have the same problem. Before the update, my battery would last 12 hours or more under normal use. Now its 3 or 4 tops! I did online chat with Palm tech support this morning and did a soft reset (plug the phone into the wall charger and pull and replace the battery). The tech rep seemed confident that would solve my problem. I'm charging the battery up again (the rep said to leave it plugged in for 4 hours uninterrupted) and hoping for the best! I guess its worth a try.

Good Luck!
    Bob,

Did this work? Does your battery last longer?

Thanks, JC
    I cannot get any of my patches to install
    says check name or run ipkg update...

How do I run an update?
    I have uninstalled preware and reinstalled it twice
    I deleted all patches via webos quick install; but cannot get them to install again after the 4.1.1 update...

Please Help!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by scifan View Post
    I'm having issues with my browser - I like to play a browser game on Facebook... (Starfleet Commander specifically). What I'm seeing is that drop down menu's in that game seem to cause the browser to lock up - it has the ring/spot from the touch, but it doesn't display the actual menu... and I actually had difficulty getting the card to minimize, etc...

This is something that ran perfectly fine under 1.3.5...

I'm pretty certain that I can replicate it...

And before you ask about patches, etc... after having my phone replaced ~ 4 times, I've been running a pretty stock configuration... I do have a couple of home-brew apps installed, but no patches. I was having some HUGE battery drain issues under 1.3.1, and ended up downgrading my phone to 1.2.1 multiple times before 1.3.5 came out and made my life MUCH better... and I got beat down by that and stopped playing with extra stuff...
    I'm having the same problem with my Palm Pre 1.4. I'm not using any home brew apps. Just stock phone plus free apps from the store. Nothing out of the normal use. Mine worked fine under 1.3.5. I need my Starfleet Commander to work again like it did. But like to keep my 1.4 upgrades like the Video Camera. Thanks JIM