Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 44848990919293949596 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 1902
    i have read the issues with the webos 1.4 and what not, but has anyone elses phone progessivly deterioated as the days go on since the latest update? just seems like everyday there is a new bug that pops up. my latest one is that my stored alarm clock times have disappeared. this now adds to the list of mail not syncing correctly(and the inbox not being able to be displayed at times), no notifications when text come in(if the messenger is closed), data slowly turning on when activated, apps not recognizing data is active, apps getting frozen in start up mode, and of course the weird lock screen that pops up from time to time. this all added to the sleep button on the phone sticking to the point to where i have to use a pen to push the button down. what happened to the phone that until recently has given me zero problems, and worked like a charm???
    donator to fine products like webOSquickinstall, preware, various apps, and a few themes. thanks to all for your hard work on the pre that i have no idea how to do!!!
    Well it seems my update worked just fine, however now when I visit web sites I had visited in the past, it won't access them. It loads or thinks it loads but won't show graphics. Not on all sites but I use my phone a lot for work and it just wont' access sites it did before the patch. Has there been any changes to the web browser? Any Fixes etc.? Other than that, it seems to be working just fine. Thanks for the Video!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmboy View Post
    Just confirmed with an IMAP account also. New setup after 1.4...signature editing does not save. So it is not just EAS. My accounts that were setup in 1.3.5.1 are fine editing. 2 test accounts I set up just now after my 1.4 update - signatures do not save.

Tested EAS and IMAP so far. If someone else coule test a NEW setup after 1.4...that would be great.
    Confirmed, IMAP with YahooMail and with GMAIL signatures not saved after editing. ExhchangeMail is still there. I haven't edited that one, however I'm assuming that one will be an issue too. I'm afraid to edit it otherwise I'll lose that one too.
    A New Issue Everyday

Pre users! It seems Palm is either unaware or unwilling to acknowledge the vast amount 1.4 issues. Maybe it will help you fill THEIR support forums with 94+ pages of issues. If you do, post only for unmodded/unpatched Pre's and enumerate the specific issues you are having, not just muse about things you may have noticed, eg: "battery doesn't last after patch, have to restart a lot"

Take it to their support forums! Frustration has brought to the place where one considers sacrificing animal life to the gods in hopes of a divine solution. I can't post links yet, someone else can post it :/
    Quote Originally Posted by morty25 View Post
    i have read the issues with the webos 1.4 and what not, but has anyone elses phone progessivly deterioated as the days go on since the latest update? just seems like everyday there is a new bug that pops up. my latest one is that my stored alarm clock times have disappeared. this now adds to the list of mail not syncing correctly(and the inbox not being able to be displayed at times), no notifications when text come in(if the messenger is closed), data slowly turning on when activated, apps not recognizing data is active, apps getting frozen in start up mode, and of course the weird lock screen that pops up from time to time. this all added to the sleep button on the phone sticking to the point to where i have to use a pen to push the button down. what happened to the phone that until recently has given me zero problems, and worked like a charm???
    I could not agree with you more regarding the slow deterioration. I will shut my Pre down and it will be a little more responsive but overtime it starts falling becoming less responsive. My most nagging problem is getting the too many cards open error and the only thing I have open is the email program and then open a particular email. How can that be. It seems that their quest to control memory leaks has actually made it worse.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Since 1.4 update I no longer get timestamps on my msgs after tht day and now my hidden apps like Nascar are now visible. I tired to re-install it but my applications are getting an error message. Its saying cannot find var/usr/bin/Isdiff.

Help please
    Hi folks ........ I`m frome Serbia (Europe) and LOVE my Pre!!!
    So far my only complaints goes to build qulity ............ and some goes to battery life .....
    As far as WebOS goes ....... I simply LOVE it ........ heavy use of calling , messaging , emailing, web browsing and some Need for Speed when I have the time are ALL going without any problems at all...... Screen is fantastic ......... I enjoy showing my photos to clients on Pre .........

Yes I did use Doctor but that was my mistake ... you know , first few days of use were abuse actually ; )

Well , since I have no problems with 1.4 guess it is the wrong section of the forum ......

All the best to you all ...... and Palm please give us better built product next time (and battery)
    today...another random airplane mode and another spontaneous reset. There's nothing additional on my phone and all was well in 1.3.5. This random stuff is getting on my nerves since it's always an inopprtune time. The airplane mode happened and I didn't know it. Thought the phone seemed quiet and ended up missing an important work call.

Will say, I've not had either issue with Android. Just a force close every now and then of a particular program. The Evo is looking better and better if I an deal with the onscreen keyboard. Hoping the larger sceen makes on screen typing easier.
    Pdf view behaves erratically in several respects. Often it is impossible to scroll through the list of documents because a document launches where you first touch the screen no matter how lightly and quickly you make a gesture. It becomes necessary to restart the whole machine.

Pinching and spreading to enlarge does not work at all. Tapping and holding still does (thank goodness!)

Both this app AND DocsView should learn to rotate into landscape mode when the Pre is turned sideways. Is this really so hard?
    i am having issues with my screen not responding to touch. this is my 4th pre and when i got this replacement, a few days ago, it came with 1.3.5, and it was working great, but i wanted the video option, so i upgraded to 1.4 and BOOOOOM! problems! now, i can't even answer phonecall cause the touch screen does not respond. i read somewhere else that it may be because the power button instead of just dimming the screen is had disabled the sensors, or soemthing like that, it is more of a software issue, than a hardware issue, can anyone confirm?
    Is anyone else's randomly rebooting since the 1.4 update with wifi on? (Never had a problem with that before 1.4.)

Since turning wifi off, though, mine's been up for about 2 weeks. With wifi on, it lasted maybe an hour or so before a luna reset.
    Seeing plenty of Wifi related issues of varying symptoms, call Palm and they'll help you produce a log file so they can research and fix the issue.
    Has anyone else had the volume display turn on every few seconds and flash a little bit as if the volume was going up and down?

It's really killing my battery life, I can't get it to last past 5 anymore and I'm thinking the constant waking is the cause.
    I just found hundreds of web os images in my photo app...segmented into every folder for every single phone image in the phone. It's like the tar.gz has been unzipped into my phone and it's not in mass storage anywhere....it would take days to erase them all. So I basically have a huge problem and i dont know where to start...i dont want to DR....please no. Any ideas?
    Seems my random reboots are getting more and more frequent lately. There are two things that seem to bring it on, though they are not guaranteed to make it happen every time :

1. Installing/updating an app from either the App Catalog or Preware. After its finished installing/configuring whatever app it is, I have a 50/50 chance of the device hard-locking and rebooting itself after about 30 seconds.

2. Using the web browser seems to put a much larger strain on my Pre than it used to. After using it, my Pre becomes noticeably slower and becomes progressively worse until it finally freezes up and reboots.

I've also noticed that I have quite a few more incidents in which a web page refuses to completely load. The progress meter fills almost all the way, but never finishes. The Ev (or 1x) icon will switch back to it's idle state, indicating that it's no longer using the data connection, but the page will never finish loading. When this happens, a freeze/reboot is generally not far behind.
    Guys...I'm not even working for Palm and I can tell you, this thread is full of truth...BUT..unfortunately not a THING will be done unless log files are produced for them to actually LOOK at the issue. I've joined the actual palm community on their website and complained there, I got a Tech Rep that contacted me from them and helped me produce a log file and now they are looking at WHAT is failing in my wifi, for instance...we can complain till this thread is 1000 pages and it won't make a difference. Stop complaining here and get over there and give them log files! If you don't, don't be the ones to complain when 1.41 doesn't fix your issue!
    Quote Originally Posted by chadrudolph View Post
    Has anyone noticed that when you select a ringtone or a SMS alert tone (from ringtones) that you can no longer preview the tone by pushing the little music button on the right? or is it just me... lol
    My wife's new Pre has the same issue. She said she tried before I upgraded to 1.4 and they all worked then. She also has an issue with Sprint Navigation where it says it has not initialized and she needs to retry. One other thing is when you restart the phone the Palm Data Assistant always pops up. She had the people at the store move over her contacts fom her old phone to the Pre. This has been happening since. It gives an option to delete or cancel. I always cancel fearing the wrath I'll get if I delete all her contacts. Although, I told her to enter them in manually. When they did use the machine to transfer the numbers, they did not do the safely remove usb device thing on it. So the Pre gave an error that some data may not have been copied over because of it.

These errors are killing my credibility with her on having her get this phone. I'm pretty ticked off because I have had no errors on my Pre. Everything that has happened has been self induced on my Pre.
    I haven't posted before, but just had to find out if you all were experiencing the same buggy-ness I was since webOS 1.4. The whole phone has been generally a bit more sluggish. For the first time ever, my phone has actually frozen up in such a way that i had to remove the battery to restart it. It's happened 3 times since 1.4. And the camera app takes at least twice as long to open up and often freezes up. Anybody else having this same issue?
    After updating my palm pre plus on Verizon to 1.4, I noticed my messaging icon was missing. After a reset, the icon appeared, but then I was missing my clock icon! After resetting again, I'm now missing my Backup icon. What the heck is going on and is there any fix for this? I don't really want to run that Doctor app thing, but if I have to then so be it. Any help is much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Just after posting this, I reset the Pre one more time and now I'm not missing any icons. So I guess this has fixed the problem for now and hopefully it doesn't come up again. Gonna post this over on the palm support forum as well.
    Last edited by AberrantPhoto; 03/29/2010 at 11:50 PM. Reason: problem fixed for now
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    my camera has been spotty after the update. it takes one to three pics before it goes to a gray screen and takes a few min to load a message saying camera unavailable. also i get too many cards error when phone is in landscape using the web browser. looking at the pics i took can be a nightmare as well.

this phone reminds me of those city road crews cartoons depicting one guy working and several others standing around. it has the power it just doesn't always want to use it.