Page 93 of 96 FirstFirst ... 43 83888990919293949596 LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 1902
    Here's just a small list of issues I have with certain applications since the 1.4 release:

1.) Sprint Navigation gives an error saying my session is not yet active. Please try again later.

2.) Pandora Radio will load correctly but will play no music.

3.) Cannot preview my ringtones in the ringtone folder. When the play icon is tapped, the tone will not play.

EDIT

4.) Sprint TV (Not that I ever really use it) will not play any channels and tells me to please try again later.
    Quote Originally Posted by theChrisLake View Post
    3.) Cannot preview my ringtones in the ringtone folder. When the play icon is tapped, the tone will not play.

4.) Sprint TV (Not that I ever really use it) will not play any channels and tells me to please try again later.
    Trying to run down the sound issue above. When you can't play ringtones try to load the music app ( I love the music/remix app ) and see if it doesn't play and only shows 00:00 on time. Had the same issue myself, and I'm leaning towards the problem being pulse audio ( the audio server ). It seems some app is grabbing exclusive control of pulse. Still need to find a repeatable experiment to break and restore the audio yet.

I have two Pre's and Sprint TV works on one and not on the other. Don't know why yet.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Anyone else having problems with preware or quick install I cant get any patches to come up at all.. preware loads with a bunch of login and address errors. I even got a new phone and updated 1.4 before adding all the fun stuff. Is it the 1.4 update not allowing this anylonger..this is definately getting me thinking of doing a phone switch... too much problems...
    dont forget to update feeds, saved me from a breakdown when i remembered i set my prefrences to update feeds manually.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Rebellion View Post
    yeah, I didn't know that 1.4 was out and ran the old one and got everything re-installed. Then I updated to 1.4 and it hosed my phone. Ended up running 1.4 Doctor just now and I'm in the process of getting all of my apps back that 1.4 OTA update deleted.
    Dangit I just did the same thing... I mean I knew 1.4 was out but Doctored with the old version. Did it last night and grabbed the phone this morning on the way out so now I have nothing all day... Crap.
    I'm seeing the music volume indicator coming up often now, too. Sometimes when I open the slider, sometimes when the slider just barely gets moved a bit. I also have all kinds of apps that just hang. I've pulled the back cover off to remove the battery more since 1.4 than I had in the entire time before 1.4.
    Same here...battery cover is coming off too often. Just before the phone locked up in USB mode and when I disconnected the USB Drive icon was on the screen stuck. The other day I had the phone plugged in, charging in car...and Sprint Navigation was running with the battery low. It was able to kill itself WHILE charging...that's pathetic.

Going from Wifi to EVDO causes data loss (even though it says it's working)

I before had the phone in the phone app, went to contacts, made a call from it. Went back to contacts, the background for it was there, but no contacts. Needed a reboot to fix.

This is getting BAD....

Oh before, the ringtone and message sounds wouldn't play...rebooting fixed that.

Reboot, reboot, reboot and reboot again....*sigh* sick of this (especially when it takes a year of my life to reboot)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    Same here...battery cover is coming off too often. Just before the phone locked up in USB mode and when I disconnected the USB Drive icon was on the screen stuck. The other day I had the phone plugged in, charging in car...and Sprint Navigation was running with the battery low. It was able to kill itself WHILE charging...that's pathetic.

Going from Wifi to EVDO causes data loss (even though it says it's working)

I before had the phone in the phone app, went to contacts, made a call from it. Went back to contacts, the background for it was there, but no contacts. Needed a reboot to fix.

This is getting BAD....

Oh before, the ringtone and message sounds wouldn't play...rebooting fixed that.

Reboot, reboot, reboot and reboot again....*sigh* sick of this (especially when it takes a year of my life to reboot)
    sorry for ur issues....i got none of those problems
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    1.4 and DST has absolutely wreaked havok on my alarms.
    Immediately after 1.4 my morning alarm just kept turning itself off
    and all alarms reset to random times.
    I deleted and re-created and that cured it for a few days until DST change.
    Now the alarms don't reset themselves, and they stay on, but
    they refuse to wake up the phone and sound at their normal time.
    No alarm will sound until I wake the phone up myself, which makes
    them totally worthless.

ian

I'm also having issues with the alarms. Woke up late for work today.
    Quote Originally Posted by natthecat21 View Post
    I love the new video capability! I've read in the forums that you could upload the vidoes to Facebook. However, when I tap the icon to upload, my only choices are YouTube, email or mms. Is there something I need to do toupload to FB?
    If you haven't solved this yet then...

Yes. You have to link your Facebook account to your Web OS phone. You can do so from the Contacts application, "Preferences & Accounts". Just "Add An Account" and choose the Facebook button and enter your login credentials.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpwoody View Post
    I'm seeing the music volume indicator coming up often now, too. Sometimes when I open the slider, sometimes when the slider just barely gets moved a bit. I also have all kinds of apps that just hang. I've pulled the back cover off to remove the battery more since 1.4 than I had in the entire time before 1.4.
    I thought this was just me... I suspect hardware since it depends on the slider being opened (so far for me only happens on slider open or close).
    Quote Originally Posted by MerlinMM View Post
    I thought this was just me... I suspect hardware since it depends on the slider being opened (so far for me only happens on slider open or close).
    I don't think it's hardware... it did not show up on mine until after 1.4 update.
    Just bought a new Pre for my wife, and when she goes in to select a ringer, none of them play. Anybody seen this at all? The phone rings fine, and the alarms plays fine, just cannot play a ringer. She wanted to listen to them all to figure out which one she likes. I told her they all aren't very good.
    I canít wait until the need update, my phone is so slow now. It gets stuck all the time the volume changes all day the camera is so slow now. And I have to restart two sometimes three times a day. And now the latest, icons over top other icons in launcher. Here is screenshot if I can figure out how to add a picture.

Unknown_2010-24-03_193621.png
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I recently exchanged my Pre @Sprint for the annoying music volume icon problem.

I got a new Pre with 1.3.5.1, and when I logged into my Palm Profile, it started syncing and things were going good. Then it started to restore all the Apps, and NONE of them would install!! I let it go figuring I needed to be on 1.4....so I updated to 1.4

Same problem. All the apps say something like "This App requires XX MB of storage..." blah blah delete some files, etc....but I have like 7GB available.

I tried a Full Erase, then Doctored straight to 1.4 so everything would be nice and clean...
    Then logged into my palm profile, and BAM!, same error

Then, i deleted all the "ghost" placeholder icons for my apps, and tried installing Yelp manually from the app catalog...no dice!

Anyone have any idea what may be causing this?? I can't seem to install anything from the catalog!
    Last edited by babokd; 03/24/2010 at 11:38 PM.
    Are there any 1.4 issue fix threads? I just did a search and couldn't come up with any.

My phone sometimes vibrates for like 10 seconds when I receive txts and only half the screen turns on. It also gets stuck sometimes when the screen turns off, it will be almost off but stays on very very dim for a few seconds before it will do anything.
    Email accounts wiped out after 1.4 and can not add new email accounts.. sign in just spins and spins. Screen stays dark often when opening while charging, even unplugged with a good charge, have to open the battery cover and reset.... sometimes pressing the power button brings up the screen, usually I hear a sound but no screen when this happens.

...Not good. Not happy. Loyal Pre user, but thinking of switching if I can not get email up and running... Backing up to do a hard full reset. (Sprint, no doctoring).
    ETUTREO300
    Quote Originally Posted by jccomo View Post
    Last week I bought a Pre and had no trouble with the 1.04 update. But the on/off button on my phone was loose so I got a new one and in this update..I can't preview ringtones (although they do work when I get a call) and my volume on the speaker cuts in and out. Sprint store tried taking out battery and it didn't help so they gave me another new phone and same thing happened when I downloaded the 1.04 update.

Has anyone found a solution for the ringtone preview issue and the volume?

Thanks JC
    Same here. Just started last night with the speaker issue. I found that if you call your voicemail, you should see where you would tap for speaker phone, that the icon has a "headset" pictured. The phone thinks that it is in headset mode. This also causes the ringtones to not play when you want to listen to them, but will play with your headset. You should have also lost the "swoosh" when you discard a card. Thats how I picked up on it. Also, I'm no expert, but I think that if it is software based(1.4) its beacause of the headphones/volume toggling issue. If that ended up on the headset side, this would trick the phone. I tried the qtip thing in the headset hole, but I think that it is software. Hard to tell, as I thought it was hardware last night.
    Jamming the headset plug in and out repeatedly seems to have gotten rid of it. Just waiting to see when it happens again.
    Ever since updated to 1.4, every other day my email accounts disappear. Just a blank screen. Have to erase data and apps, sign into profile and all my accounts all over again. Doctored it a couple of times, no good. I don't even give a darn about the new video capability or any other "improvements" if the most basic functions are broken. What good is a phone without email? And the battery life is worse, not better! Ridiculous. Rather have 1.3x back.
    Since 1.4, the ability to search for contacts through universal search has stopped working.

This is pretty annoying as its an integral feature.
    I wiped the phone, the problem was resolved, then returned after a period of time?

So i used the webos doctor, and the problem resolved for a couple of days.

Now its back! Once its back it never goes away unless i reset or doctor.

Could this be a hardware problem?
    Anyone else experiencing similar difficulties?

any advice appreciated