Page 92 of 96 FirstFirst ... 42 8287888990919293949596 LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 1902
    "Has anyone had issues maintaining an EVDo signal? I searched thru the thread and didn't see anything mentioned. My phone constantly switches down to 1x and can't keep an evdo signal. Just started this behavior today.

Interestingly my sister's pre maintains evdo just fine, in the same house.

I doctored and did a full erase and still it stays on 1x.

I'm wonderin if this is an OS issue or hardware issue. Any thoughts? ''
    Me too. My Wi-Fi is turned OFF
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    my palm pre resets itself when the screen goes black and I go to unlock it. I just wanna know what causes it, I also have a weir looking splash on the lower left corner of the phone. I have preware install on my phone. I just would like to know if anybody out there knows why this is happening. Thank you.
    Many have had resets like that with 1.4. Happens on the Pixi too. 1.3.5 seemed much more stable. Is anyone really enjoying 1.4 over 1.3.5? I'm just not seeing it.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Getting fed up with these spontaneous reboots. That's a Windows kind of thing to do, Linux devices don't do that (except this one does :-().
    Saw a tweet from @joshtopolsky this morning saying he was getting backup error messages. I checked my backup program and it hadn't backed up since 3/7. I tried to do it manually twice now and it hangs at "preparing" and never completes the backup. Anyone else with this issue?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    Saw a tweet from @joshtopolsky this morning saying he was getting backup error messages. I checked my backup program and it hadn't backed up since 3/7. I tried to do it manually twice now and it hangs at "preparing" and never completes the backup. Anyone else with this issue?
    Someone reported this hanging behavior in one of the high battery drain threads.
    Said that when they disabled backup and re-enabled it worked again
    and their high drain problem went away.
    Mine doesn't hang like that, but I noticed yesterday it hadn't backed up
    since 3/11, but I think it's related to my problems with the clock and alarms.

ian
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I'm still doing some testing, but I'm pretty sure the clock on my Pre has
    simply stopped, any time it's sleeping or off the network. I used
    the "Battery Saver" app to automatically put the phone into airplane
    mode for a few hours last night. It normally then turns it back off
    long before I'm awake. This morning I woke the phone up (after it had
    once again failed to sound my morning alarm) and noticed
    1. it was still in airplane mode
    2. the clock was showing a time from about 15 minutes after it went into airplane mode in the middle of the night.
    3. the clock refused to update even while the phone was awake

As soon as I turned airplane mode off manually, the clock updated to
    current time immediately.
    Since then I've noticed that when I wake the phone up, the clock shows
    the time when I last put the phone to sleep for a moment, then
    updates to the current time. Basically I think it's just stopping completely
    whenever it's not awake on the network.
    It explains why the alarms never activate.
    It explains why it's not doing automatic backups since they normally
    fire off in the middle of the night at a specific time, which it never sees.

This behavior has pretty much been occurring ever since DST switch.

[edit]Verified - If I turn off Network Time, then the clock stops when the phone sleeps
    and runs only while it's awake and thus gets progressively further and further off very
    quickly.
    [edit]A full reboot has restarted the clock, but I know I've had several reboots
    since my alarms stopped working that didn't fix em, so it's possible it'll die again.

ian
    Last edited by Daemon; 03/19/2010 at 02:29 PM.
    When I open the slider on my phone the music/system volum bar showes up. Not the phone ringer volume that showes up when you pust the buttons on the side.

I get random reboots.

And the lock screen sometimes showes my main screen with the lock icon over the bottom buttons.

This still happens after a fresh DR.
    First, after updating, everything seemed fine! But then I tried to log into my bank and found that all the HTTPS sites are not accessible (can't load page). This is bad enough, put now Preware feed updates bring up an error message "Command failed with return value 1" whatever that means, so no app updates. And when I try to get into the Official App Catalog, it starts to load the background, then a 'try later' sign appears. Same for Sprint TV (but I never use it).

Can't we just revert back with WebDr to an earlier version until all this is fixed? Is there anything else to try? The Sprint store said to call advanced tech support, but I only have one phone and you can't very well work on the phone you're talking to them with.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I heard this issue come up a few times and could not reproduce. Under all tasks make sure the sort order is set to "Due Date" if it is set on "My Order" the order will not change
    Sort Order is on Due Date. I was just issued a new phone. So have started from scratch. Same issue. I do have 1.4 installed. Not consistent as sometimes it will resort and other times it will not. I use this to run a few business's, thus my Task list is uber important and thus very irrating of this does not work as intended. I like the idea of Google Task as I can update online when on a computer, however, too slow when on my phone to effective. Plus if you are out of cell range then can't use at all, so not a viable option.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Last week I bought a Pre and had no trouble with the 1.04 update. But the on/off button on my phone was loose so I got a new one and in this update..I can't preview ringtones (although they do work when I get a call) and my volume on the speaker cuts in and out. Sprint store tried taking out battery and it didn't help so they gave me another new phone and same thing happened when I downloaded the 1.04 update.

Has anyone found a solution for the ringtone preview issue and the volume?

Thanks JC
    Quote Originally Posted by bjl95mustang View Post
    When I open the slider on my phone the music/system volum bar showes up. Not the phone ringer volume that showes up when you pust the buttons on the side.

And the lock screen sometimes showes my main screen with the lock icon over the bottom buttons.

This still happens after a fresh DR.
    I have the above 2 iisues as well.
    mine seems to move slower
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    anyone with battery issues i notice that if you switch your signal to sprint/verizon only and update your prl settings it more than doubles battery life. before i did that i was getting about 6 hours of idle time before it died, but today its been on 100% for 5 hours now.
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    anyone with battery issues i notice that if you switch your signal to sprint/verizon only and update your prl settings it more than doubles battery life. before i did that i was getting about 6 hours of idle time before it died, but today its been on 100% for 5 hours now.
    And how to do that? Is there a link?
    Also, I notice most of my battery problems were when my Verizon 3g (EVDO, or whatever) was dropping to 1x. Then programs are not working, Web OS like molasses, and you can actually see battery draining...
    Quote Originally Posted by cybie2k View Post
    Yeah, I'm having the problem with Pandora and Accu Radio too.
    Just, checked Sprint TV and it's giving the same error.
    Fixed errors with Sprint TV, Sprint Nav and Pandora by running WebOS Doctor 1.4.0. Had to go the reset route holding the up volume and plugging in the USB Power to get the on screen USB symbol. Then all went well and everything now works (and seems faster than before).
    Quote Originally Posted by FiG View Post
    Volume Display Issue:

After the 1.4 update I am having the issue I have seen reported here with the volume display appearing sporadically on the screen. Either the music volume or the system sounds volume appear sporadically, often switching between the two, and the volume level displaying varies up and down by one bar or so. This happens usually following some touching of the screen, but continues a while after the screen is untouched.

This issue even happens on the locked phone screen.

This is really frustrating. Anyone have any info on this issue?
    I'm now seeing the same thing. I don't think this was happening initially right after I upgraded to v1.4 or at least I didn't notice it until now. Is there a fix?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    And how to do that? Is there a link?
    Also, I notice most of my battery problems were when my Verizon 3g (EVDO, or whatever) was dropping to 1x. Then programs are not working, Web OS like molasses, and you can actually see battery draining...
    1. open the phone application
    2. then go to the drop down menu on the top left,
    3.select preferences
    4. go down to where it says automatic
    5.select it and change it to sprint only
    6.then scroll down again and find update network settings and update prl settings and update both then in a day or so your battery should start to be better(at least thats how long it took for mine to be.
    I keep having the too many cards issue, sometimes it will just keep popping up over and over, even while I am not doing anything.

I cant even open engadget and do anything else. Every single update, the multi-tasking gets worse for me. I can open fewer and fewer things at once.
    My wife's Pre is not aut backing up anymore even with it enabled and good signal. It is also not completing a manual backup since updating to 1.4.

Also, her email is not working. Pressing the icon loads a white screen with a compose new mail icon. There appears to be no stored info or a hang loading the info for her email accounts. None show up.