Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 40808586878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 1902
    In addition to battery drain (almost twice the rate under previous version, and I lose around 3 percentage points per hour in Airplane Mode!!!) I'm having a problem with my Touchstone.

About half the time, my Pre will not go to the "blank with clock" screen when I place it on the Touchstone. The screen will dim after the normal time, but it never goes to black...the phone stays on the whole time. Reboots and battery pulls have not helped.
    The new video player sucks. The buffering is far slower than before 1.4 and if you set your phone down to let a video buffer long enough for standby mode to cause your screen to go black, the video basically will start the buffering process over again once you hit play. Also, pausing video to allow it to buffer will cause the fast forward affect once you hit play again. Sometimes I just lose audio altogether.

I've had a few random freeze-ups. Phone just stays black and won't respond to the power button or anything. Only solution is to pull the battery and put put it back in.

Looking forward to Palm stabalizing 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    In addition to battery drain (almost twice the rate under previous version, and I lose around 3 percentage points per hour in Airplane Mode!!!) I'm having a problem with my Touchstone.
    I noticed the same thing with Airplane Mode... I put it on around 11:00pm and had my alarm set for 6:00am, with about 63% battery, and was lucky I woke up right away as I had the warning my phone was about to die... Ridiculous! I'm going to have to remove batt and pwr up holding vol. up (only solution I've come up with due to my usb-passthrough problems) and revert back a version. 1.4 is just not worth it... I was excited for Flash support and faster app loading and more batt. life, but none of these seem to have happened... Back to 1.3.5 for me... Or even older lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by aravenel View Post
    I've been having issues with the screen not waking up when pressing the power button or sliding out the screen. Additionally, sometimes the screen lock won't come off. Both of these typically precede the phone locking and rebooting itself.

It's happened three times in the last 24 hours. Getting very sick of it.
    +1

I've had this happen many times since updating.
    There is a duplicate thread on the forums.palm.com site "Post WebOS 1.4 Update Issues."
    All of the same issues.
    No response from palm.

We can only assume that they are too busy working on an update, which resolves these bugs, to respond to anyone.

I'm a little surprised they actually released this 1.4, like it is. Don't they have a QA team? This should have never gone out the front door.

rollback ftw!
    Curious,

I'm not sure if this was always the case, but if someone out there can check it out on their Pre...

I can't view large images in the Web browser. Strangely, an animated gif that's 2.5MB can be viewed in the Web browser. I can even resize it while playing.

However, testing a 380KB jpeg that is 1200x1720 I can't view. It appears to load, and by that I mean the "loading circle" in the lower right fills out, but the image never displays, only a blank page.

I've been trying not to spend a lot of time worrying about my useless 1.40 Pre lately. I do not recall this being an issue before patch, so I'm really just asking someone out there to confirm my memory still works, or if in fact this has always been a limitation of the web browser.
    Palm has responded to this issue elsewhere. It's the same in the PDF viewer. The pinch zoom is broken (though double-tapping zoom still works). The PDF viewer and Doc Viewer share the same code and it's broken. They are fixing it for the next OS release.
    Quote Originally Posted by beerbaron105 View Post
    Cannot play my music player either

Question, how do I downgrade to an older version of webOS?
    go to webos internals and find the link for the webos doctor for the carrier and version you want, then follow the instructions to doctor the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica91 View Post
    after the 1.4 update
    I've found pictures missing little by little pictures randomly disapear
    has anyone had the same issu?
    I've been searching for someone with the same issue!

My mom and stepfather both have Pres, as well, and they are having this problem. First my stepfathers phone started doing it this past week. Yesterday my mom's started. Pictures that have been on the phone for more than a week just randomly disappear.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Lastnight I had a problem with my keyboard, Not sure if this is because of the 1.4 update but it hasnt happened with any other update. I restarted my phone, still nothing. I had to take the battery out and wait about 20 seconds then it started working again. Almost called sprint to freak out :P lol
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    after install preware does not wrk...everytime i try to install an app from my app catalog it says install failled....dwnloaded tht web doc to my mac tht doesnt wrk...im @ my wits end, im bout ready to give this palm pre fantasy up...need help
    Is there a method (that doesn't involve system tweaking from within the terminal) to stop a 1.3.x phone from checking and eventually automatically downloading 1.4? Seems impractical to continue doctoring to downgrade, but 1.4 just isn't ready for go-live.

I'm very surprised Palm released this 'upgrade'- nothing better than really hampering your (dwindling number of) users productivity with an unstable phone & PDA.
    Is there a method (that doesn't involve system tweaking from within the terminal) to stop a 1.3.x phone from checking and eventually automatically downloading 1.4? Seems impractical to continue doctoring to downgrade, but 1.4 just isn't ready for go-live.

I'm very surprised Palm released this 'upgrade'- nothing better than really hampering your (dwindling number of) users productivity with an unstable phone & PDA.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    No. The only way to stop the update is by disabling the update
    service from the shell as detailed on WebOS Internals.

ian
    Nice post, thanks
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    A question and a comment.

Anyone else having an issue with getting the attachement is too large error when trying to send a short (1.7meg) recorded vid via MMS? Compression doesn't occur normally?

Second, my pre works fine now after doctoring with 1.4 version of doctor. Seems like the OTA updates get corrupted. I love this phone because I am a novice tinker. This phone is very forgiving to the tinker. Starting to feel this is a tinkers toy, not and everyday user toy. Sadly the majority of users are the everyday user who just wants the phone to work as is with no mods. I think this is why the pre is doing so poorly on the market. Wish there was a way to have the best of both worlds, but it isn't working right now. I like the frequent updates and oddly, I like the challenge of the bugs because of the reward in innovation that comes with them. But I feel for the normal user who doesn't want to ride to work in a rollercoaster. They just want to take the express to get there.
    Sorry if any of this has been mentioned/resolved, but 90 pages is a little much to sift through, and searching yields results only for the Pre Plus...

Ever since 1.4 I've had a slew of issues with my Sprint Pre. It's easier to list them out:

Keys will randomly get 'stuck' and repeat the a character (I.e. sssssssssssssssssorry) until I hit backspace. All keyboard input becomes super laggy and will another key will eventually become 'stuck'. Lock/unlocking the phone sometimes helps, otherwise full reboot.

Space bar is in love with double or triple spacing, and sometimes has an affair with not spacing at all.

When receiving a text, sometimes the phone gets 'stuck' in the notification. It only gets about half as bright as it normally does, the dashboard notification only displays half of the text (vertically, like it's stuck in the animation), and the vibrate function lasts for 4-5 seconds.

Also, when receiving a text, sliding the phone open turns the screen off and makes the phone unresponsive (intermittent). Sometimes it will recover, other times it seems Luna reboots.

Any thoughts? And thanks for the help.
    my phone didn't jump back an hour for daylight savings. Restart didn't help. What can be done?

To the guy above me: clean your keyboard, I had a similar issue with keys sticking and it was all the keyboard not the program.
    palm is dead to me....the video player does not work. the sound on the ringer does not work... it is super slow and is super slow to respond in all aspects. I have tried all the doctor programs and none of them work..... nice system...cant waite to get another phone...nice knowing you..palm is dead...
    Quote Originally Posted by rlbrooks View Post
    A question and a comment.

Second, my pre works fine now after doctoring with 1.4 version of doctor. Seems like the OTA updates get corrupted. I love this phone because I am a novice tinker. This phone is very forgiving to the tinker. Starting to feel this is a tinkers toy, not and everyday user toy. Sadly the majority of users are the everyday user who just wants the phone to work as is with no mods. I think this is why the pre is doing so poorly on the market. Wish there was a way to have the best of both worlds, but it isn't working right now. I like the frequent updates and oddly, I like the challenge of the bugs because of the reward in innovation that comes with them. But I feel for the normal user who doesn't want to ride to work in a rollercoaster. They just want to take the express to get there.
    Really nice post and, imho, so true! Palm devices were, and obviously still are, devices for people who wanted to experiment and configure their pda/smartphone the way they like it. That's why I wouldn't want an iphone or even another multitouch-smartphone with a proprietary OS.
    Surely I must admit that my Pre doesn't act that weird as many of the above mentioned - honestly it doesn't act weird at all -, but even if, I trust in Palm that they will work it out. They made mistakes, but as mentioned before me very often, Apple did too.
    To cut a long story short: I believe in Palm and think they will manage the turning point again.
    My Palms so far: IBM Workpad 2 (R.I.P.); Palm V, upgraded to Palm Vx (still in love ); Palm Tungsten T; Palm LifeDrive, tuned with 32GB CF-Card; Palm Pre. Right now: Pre3 and TouchPad.