Page 82 of 96 FirstFirst ... 32 727778798081828384858687 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1902
    I new I had bad battery drain, but really noticed it on a trip today. I was using slacker radio and sprint navigation. Usually I can do this while in the car on a touchstone and maintain my battery and even charge it slowly. Now even while on the charger the battery drops like a rock. Even if I close slacker radio and just use sprint navigation it still drops fairly quickly.

I have been thinking of doing a complete "Full Erase" of the Pre, but have heard so many problems even after that.... Has anyone been able to do a WebOS Doctor or Full Erase and get back up and running like new? What does the Doctor do differently than the Full Erase?
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 03/06/2010 at 09:51 PM.
    For what its worth, this is what is breaking MMS pic sending/receiving functionality for me!
    http://www.precentral.net/how-back-y...le-information
    This restoring of my backed up database after a webos doctor to bring back all my text messages is what is making MMS pic sending break. I've doctored twice today and it worked fine sending MMS pics to multiple people until I restored this database file and then it just sits there and does nothing indefinitely. Sucks.
    I'm going to do a full reset and c what happens
    Wish I had an answer
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    When I put my pre into standby for longer than 5 minutes, it wont turn on when I hit the power button or slide the keyboard down, but about 10 seconds later the screen shows up for a split second and then the luna restarts. Anyone else getting this or know a way to fix it??
    here's a problem:

I CAN'T MAKE CALLS ANYMORE.

I press call, it stays on the "connecting" page awhere it displays the number. Never goes to connected anymore. ****** voicemail won't even work. The call just times out (by TIME OUT I mean it never makes the call and I never hear the ringing and the PHONE times out and gives me a lame message like "network busy" or some crap). and yes I paid my bill.
    Hey guys,

I searched this thread before and didn't find other people having this problem.

I'm using air plane mode quite often to save some battery time and also not disturbing other people (e.g. in the cinemas ). With 1.3.5.2, when I shut off air plane mode, the phone app came up and I could put in my PIN to reactivate cell phone.
    Since I installed 1.4, when the air plane mode is shut off, the phone app comes up, but with the settings being shown, not the num pad to put in PIN. I can't get to the place where to put it in. The only way to get the num pad again, is turning air plane mode on and off again, while staying in the phone settings.

Has anybody else had this issue? It's a bit annoying, as I use the battery saver app, so air plane mode is on every night on my Pre.
    My Palms so far: IBM Workpad 2 (R.I.P.); Palm V, upgraded to Palm Vx (still in love ); Palm Tungsten T; Palm LifeDrive, tuned with 32GB CF-Card; Palm Pre. Right now: Pre3 and TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaitou kid View Post
    here's a problem:

I press call, it stays on the "connecting" page awhere it displays the number. Never goes to connected anymore. ****** voicemail won't even work. The call just times out (by TIME OUT I mean it never makes the call and I never hear the ringing and the PHONE times out and gives me a lame message like "network busy" or some crap). and yes I paid my bill.
    Need details. What version of OS? What patches? Have you tried reboot, battery pull, full erase, WebOS Doctor?
    Curious about if I still have the miss call error, I went ahead and called myself again. Once again the dang phone was not showing it BUT I was wearing my bluetooth headphones and it alerted I had a call coming in. I ignored it to see if it will be logged in the call history. I open up the phone app and it was taking FOREVER to load so I closed it and reopen the phone app. It was quick and of course it did not show the missed call! Palm needs to release an update and get this fixed ASAP!
    Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pansovic View Post
    My phone is no longer working after installing webos 1.4. I cannot get connected to a carrier. I called carrier and my phone appears to them as not turned on.
    Any solution or how can I get back to previous webos?
    That happened to me on 1.3.5.1. We could never get it to connect again..Ev disappeared and no matter how many hard resets we did it would never connect. It wouldn't even dial any more or connect to a local tower. I had to do a warranty exchange.
    With all these issues, I am somehow happy that my Pre still shows "no updates available".
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morelloX View Post
    my music volume indicator will NOT STOP SCREWING ME OVER! I can't hit the center button with the slider out and it randomly goes off a lot as well whenever the slider is open

anyone else having this issue, AFTER 1.4? I did NOT see this once pre 1.4 update.
    yeah I'm getting this alot too. I thought my volume button was stuck or something.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphy View Post
    my phone keeps going off line while trying to load PreWare, anybody else havingthis problem after 1.4??
    With me same thing, phone is no longer working. I need sonnest possible a solution
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericco View Post
    This is off topic but I thought you guys might want to know that while we're bemoaning how long the update took and our patches not working, I just saw a wakeup call on CNN. A massive earthquake hit Chile. It's been calculate at more than 1000 times worse than the one in Haiti.

The quake created a tsunami and there are now tsunami warnings in effect for Chile, Mexico and ALL of Central America, as well as New Zealand, Samoa, Russia, Indonesia, Japan, Hawaii, Guam. The list goes on and on.

Anyway, just sort of reminds me of what's important. Pray for them if you don't mind. Goodnight y'all.
    Thanks, I am the one living in Chile. We still have plenty of afterchocks everyday. But anyway this forum is not for this. I have now my phone no longer working after 1.4. which drives me reaslly crazy. Not being able to communicate is not funnay at all
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdd543 View Post
    That happened to me on 1.3.5.1. We could never get it to connect again..Ev disappeared and no matter how many hard resets we did it would never connect. It wouldn't even dial any more or connect to a local tower. I had to do a warranty exchange.
    What is a warranty exchange? You mean you got a replaced phone? I hope not because I bougt in Germany and live in Chile
    Quote Originally Posted by LWI View Post
    I now understand what has happenned... Yahoo now support IMAP (used to be POP only). This is an improvement.
    Yahoo was always IMAP with the Pre. I have a launch day Pre with Sprint and had Yahoo IMAP back then. As far as I know, it must be some type of agreement with Sprint and Yahoo.

I tried using Yahoo's IMAP servers that show up on the Pre to set up an IMAP account on my PC and it didn't work.
    i use my pre with a reble sim card and ever since the last update my pre does'nt recognise my sim card.It just says sos only instead of saying network name.Does anyone have a solution to my problem?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Carrier: Sprint Palm Pre
    Issues:
    1. increased battery drain after doctoring to 1.4
    2. random freezes

I updated my Pre from WebOS 1.3.5.1 to 1.4 OTA within minutes of it being released. The was responsive, fast and the battery life was amazing. However, the phone kept randomly freezing no matter what I did. It mostly froze when I was trying to use my downloaded apps.

I was able to swipe away the app cards during the freeze and get to the phone's main screen. However, the top left would show the name of the app I was using. When the application was frozen the phone stopped registering my taps on the screen. I was able to run the touchscreen diagnostic test but I had to run my finger over certain "dead spots" numerous of times before the box turned from black to green. When running this test when the phone isn't frozen... I passed with flying colors.

Now, onto the battery life. The phone battery life was amazing with the OTA 1.4 update. I doctored my phone to 1.4 to try to resolve the random freezes on Friday night. Since the doctoring, the phone's battery life stinks. I went to bed with 100% battery life yesterday and woke up this morning to 9%. Immediately after checking the battery life, the phone shut down.

Now I have a question for those with battery drains - Did you update OTA or did you use WebOS doctor to upgrade to 1.4?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaitou kid View Post
    here's a problem:

sAME FOR ME AS i ALREADY MENTIONED BEFORE IN THIS FORUM THOUGH i CANNOT REPEAT IT OFTEN ENOUGHT. A phone of a 1000 US and doesn't phone is quite of a joke, right.
    is there anyway to go back to the old software?