Page 81 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3171767778798081828384858691 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1902
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Each webos update is really headache.
    Now my phone is no longer working. Called carrier and they have message that my phone is turned off while it is not. I have no longer phone service and bars (upright) are all without signal. Searching manually for carrier I can find but tells me no service available. How can I make this phone working again?
    Neither can I make work Preware because seems like it takes so many memory that it get overloaded. I deleted Preware and installed latest version but now I cannot install because of same message "to many cards open" - while no cards are open
    Last edited by pansovic; 03/06/2010 at 11:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pansovic View Post
    Each webos update is really headache.
    Now my phone is no longer working. Called carrier and they have message that my phone is turned off while it is not. I have no longer phone service and bars (upright) are all without signal. Searching manually for carrier I can find but tells me no service available. How can I make this phone working again?
    Do you have DEVMODE turned on?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    How can we go back to a previous webos version?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    yes, Have done all what requires. I bought the Pre in Germany and using it in Chile. Is it possible that Palm as full control over your phone when not bought through their carriers?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagonettech View Post
    Do you have DEVMODE turned on?
    yes
    I have problems where my text messages do not pop notifications / make a noise. The notification that I received a new text will trigger when I press the messaging app button, it loads up and BOOM, before I can do anything my phone vibrates/beeps that I have a new text. That's also when it shows at the bottom of the screen..

So I'm missing texts at random, unless I check for them..

This started w/ 1.4
  7. LWI
    After the 1.4 update, everything seemed to work fine EXCEPT my email account with YAHOO. I had to play with the port number and authentication to be able to receive emails. I still cant tweek the settings to be able to send email.
    I tried removing the yahoo account (3 times) from the PRE in order to re-create it, but the outgoing box will not go away.... and it seems I cannot re-create the account (duplicate) until the removal is complete. Any ideas ?
    Note that the Outlook (exchange) account works fine, in and out.
    In web os 1.4, there appears to be a bug with the Airplane Mode functionality - when I enable it, it works and displays accordingly, but the dropdown still shows "Phone ON".

If i choose "Phone = OFF", this doesn't do anything - phone still shows ON.

I am guessing that it is working because I can see the Carrier Signal is gone and replaced by "Airplane Mode", but the bug is that the "Phone On/Off" is not updated.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    How can we go back to a previous webos version?
    Nobody can hel me in how to go back to previous webos. This is a MUST as that with webos 1. I even can not make phone calls
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Issues with webOS 1.4? post them here.
    My phone is no longer working after installing webos 1.4. I cannot get connected to a carrier. I called carrier and my phone appears to them as not turned on.
    Any solution or how can I get back to previous webos?
  11. LWI
    Quote Originally Posted by LWI View Post
    After the 1.4 update, everything seemed to work fine EXCEPT my email account with YAHOO. I had to play with the port number and authentication to be able to receive emails. I still cant tweek the settings to be able to send email.
    I tried removing the yahoo account (3 times) from the PRE in order to re-create it, but the outgoing box will not go away.... and it seems I cannot re-create the account (duplicate) until the removal is complete. Any ideas ?
    Note that the Outlook (exchange) account works fine, in and out.
    It took very long to finally get an alert (bottom of screen) that the acount was removed fully. I then re-created the account and it is now working fine.
    Why did it not work in the first place ? No clue.
    The only real "issue" I have noticed is that my battery is being eaten up waaaay faster than it did before.... and it's not a slight change it starts tanking right after I remove it from the touchstone...... they gotta get that fixed. Previously I left my bluetooth on, my wifi on and had my screen almost at full brightness with no problems, I work a normal 11 hr day and would always have 60-70% remaining when I got home, now I kill the wifi and have turned down the screen brightness and it's still 20-30% now when I get home. Can't figure out what to do to fix it, HURRY UP PALM!!!!!!
    Another thing I am noticing now is that my phone doesn't come back from USB mode after ejecting it from the desktop once mounted. The first time I had to just pull the plug and got the notice that data was lost but recovered. Next time I shut down computer and the phone came back from USB mode.
    Nobody can hel me in how to go back to previous webos. This is a MUST as that with webos 1. I even can not make phone calls

www.palm.com/webos-rollback
    My phone is no longer working after installing webos 1.4. I cannot get connected to a carrier. I called carrier and my phone appears to them as not turned on.
    Any solution or how can I get back to previous webos?
    You can use WebOS Doctor for the version you want to return to. Below is a link to all the versions:

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    I did a webos doctor of 1.4 to a reconditioned Pre the other night and since, none of my MMS pics will send to anyone. I can SMS just fine but can't send or receive MMS. Anyone else having this trouble and found a solution? Driving me nuts. It worked fine when I'd upgraded from 1.3.5.1 to 1.4, I sent and received several MMS pics..
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    I just had this weird camera app bug..

I took a video and then went to watch it and it just kept loading all day so I close the camera app and tried to reopen it and the camera app was all gray :S I did a restart and I actually saw my video instead of a black screen for a bit it was quite weird..

After the reboot I can view my video fine. Its very weird that it happened though..

-Toaster
    I get this issue a lot! I can't view my videos after taking a long video. I wonder if it takes a while to record or render the video in the Pre? A restart usually fixes this but it can get annoying quick.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I just looked over a bunch of vids I took a couple days ago and here are some issues I've noticed:

1. Audio gets cut off half way through some vids
    2. Audio is completely missing at the beginning of the video but cuts back in half way through
    3. Couple instances of the audio being out of sync with the video
  19. LWI
    Quote Originally Posted by LWI View Post
    It took very long to finally get an alert (bottom of screen) that the acount was removed fully. I then re-created the account and it is now working fine.
    Why did it not work in the first place ? No clue.
    I now understand what has happenned... Yahoo now support IMAP (used to be POP only). This is an improvement.
    i'm getting a strange issue when assigning a photo to a contact. it displays the contact's image horizontally squashed to two thirds the height. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix?