Page 80 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3070757677787980818283848590 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1902
    Volume Display Issue:

After the 1.4 update I am having the issue I have seen reported here with the volume display appearing sporadically on the screen. Either the music volume or the system sounds volume appear sporadically, often switching between the two, and the volume level displaying varies up and down by one bar or so. This happens usually following some touching of the screen, but continues a while after the screen is untouched.

This issue even happens on the locked phone screen.

This is really frustrating. Anyone have any info on this issue?
    Palm Pre, WebOs. (Movistar)

Hello guys, Im from Spain so sorry for my english

I have a problem, when I try to install app's (not all), a message tell me "restart phone", I restarting and after this I take the following "Cannot install ***** app" and give me the opc. to redownload the app. I tried redownloading, turning off (no restart) and Doesnt work... Help me, Its happens since 1.3.x and still happening in 1.4v

Thanks a lot.
    Volume icon for both music and ringtone popup when i turn the screen off, then screen magically turns back showing the volume setting at a different volume. - several restarts didn't fix but eventually went away randomly

Plus today the unlock button would show up on a normal screen like say the messaging app or web app. - Luna restart fixed..awaiting to see if a relapse occurs
    Samsung SPH-M520 >> LG Lotus >> Palm Pre
    Hi,

my 1.4 upgrade went off without hitch. Had to reload all my patches but that was expected. Video recording works fine but the volume of the recorded video is really really low. Is there a setting for increasing this volume...?
    02 webos doctor 1.4:

After almost a week now whenever I dial a phone number the screen flickers and goes black. I cannot hang up and sometimes when I shake the pre I see the dialer app, but cannot get to hang up...

I have to take the battery out to stop this...anybody has or had the same before?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I searched through this forum, and see a lot of similar questions, but no replies that seem to fit.

Removed themes, started to remove patches, saw a thread that said I no longer had to do that. Stopped with about 10 patches still installed. Ran the upgrade to 1.4.

I was able to upgrade Preware to 0.9.29, and the Package Manager to 0.9.38. Now when I try to upgrade or remove any patches, I get an error to the effect of "Upgrade failed - see IPK log." When I look at the log for 1 I just re-tried, the messages are to the following effect:

Prerm
    Patching file ...
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway [n]
    Skipping patch
    1 our of 1 hunk ignored -- saving reject to file ...

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during pre-remove script execution

Trying another one produces similar results. Trying to remove a patch produces similar results too.

What to do?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    No major problems for me. I didn't lose anything except some tweaks and homebrew apps that aren't compatible. But the screen seems less responsive than before. I've had to tap 6+ times to turn airplane mode on or off. And it's much harder to close (throw away) an open app. Anyone else seeing these behaviors?

Robert
  8. exp
    1.4 update issue...

Same problems as most..

Volume bar flickers spontaniusly, bluetooth wont connect and when it finally does, it has alot of static then disconects. screen is not as responsive as before, shorter battery life. used to charge every night before bed, now have to charge by end of work day.

Spoke with palm level 3 tech, whatever a level 3 tech is, and he said they are working on patches to correct bluetooth issue and volume bar issue as well. He was not sure of time frame of patch release. Just the same ole' engineers are working on it response
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifossis View Post
    Palm Pre, WebOs. (Movistar)

Hello guys, Im from Spain so sorry for my english

I have a problem, when I try to install app's (not all), a message tell me "restart phone", I restarting and after this I take the following "Cannot install ***** app" and give me the opc. to redownload the app. I tried redownloading, turning off (no restart) and Doesnt work... Help me, Its happens since 1.3.x and still happening in 1.4v

Thanks a lot.
    Please guys, help me.. Any Idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by awegwert View Post
    Since the update my screen has been blacking out randomly for a few seconds and unresponsive to tapping or holding the power button. It's not actually shutting off and it seems to recognize the button press as when the screen pops back on it will be on the restart screen.

Anyone else have this issue?
    Yes, many of us.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-restarts.html
    Random restarts here.. but for me it seems to happen when I have my bluetooth stereo headset on.

I'm using the new Plantronics 906's.

Rob

UPDATE:

Is there a message or post which lists all the bugs and issue in 1.4.

I'm looking for a list that I can look over and see if I'm having any of those issues myself.

Maybe a poll can be setup were everyone can vote on what issues they are having?

Example: A poll to count how many of us are having the 'random reboots'?

But not just one vote, a list.. I think right now the polling feature lets us vote on 1 item. We need something that we can check off for multiple issues.

Thanks!

Rob
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 03/05/2010 at 10:45 PM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

12. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juize View Post
    02 webos doctor 1.4:

After almost a week now whenever I dial a phone number the screen flickers and goes black. I cannot hang up and sometimes when I shake the pre I see the dialer app, but cannot get to hang up...

I have to take the battery out to stop this...anybody has or had the same before?
    +1 :-(
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awegwert View Post
    Since the update my screen has been blacking out randomly for a few seconds and unresponsive to tapping or holding the power button. It's not actually shutting off and it seems to recognize the button press as when the screen pops back on it will be on the restart screen.

Anyone else have this issue?
    This sounds like the IR sensor acting up. Do you have a screen protector
    covering the area just to the right of the speaker on the front of the phone?
    (right of the horizontal bar)

ian
  14. 4AM
    I have to tape a rather lengthy performance at a friend's birthday party (approx 2 hours), so I decided to clean all the music off my phone and test out how long the video recording works on the Pre.

I was able to tape for 1 hour and 51 minutes before the battery died, but after about 26 minutes the picture froze and only audio kept going, which recorded the full length. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I realize it's not a camcorder and that it's pretty unusual to record a video of this length with a phone, but shouldn't the video just continue as long as there is space? The video track is only 225,926,184 bytes, so it's not even a full 32-bit integer and therefore doesn't appear to be an overflow problem...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifossis View Post
    Please guys, help me.. Any Idea?
    you need to run Emergency Package Manager script. Get it on WebOS Quick Instal or via Preware.
    After the update I installed the Iron Man theme. When I went to use the phone all the numbers were running from top to bottom on the left side of the screen. The call/hang up bar is covering the history and voice mail buttons. I uninstalled the theme but the phone stayed the same. Any ideas if it was the update or the theme?
    Quote Originally Posted by MCompeau View Post
    I have a weary, grim smile on my face. the smile is not because I have satisfaction-- well, not by a long shot yet...

My tale is long, but I will keep it brief, lest I indulge myself in being overly dramatic.

[...]

HELP?!!!

Mike with no apps and very sad and frustrated
    I had the same problem. I look at the log where it was stated that one folder couldn't be renamed:

"Renaming /media/internal/.palm/mgFnOA==/jgJl/lxh1 to /media/internal/.palm/mgFnOA==/jgJl/=2S4MHK===
    Failed to rename /media/internal/.palm/mgFnOA==/jgJl/lxh1 to /media/internal/.palm/mgFnOA==/jgJl/=2S4MHK===. error: Directory not empty
    "

What seemed to help was to partial erease and then use webdoctor for 1.4. My apps appeared again and I could download new ones.
    I have a stock phone and it's definitely running much more laggy than before 1.4.
    -Having some issues with phone freezing.
    -For the first time had to take battery out to reboot phone.
    -Can't hang up on occasion after phone calls.
    -Screen goes black and doesn't respond to upper right button to wake up for some time. The first time this happened I kept trying it and finally got the screen to shut phone down (after pushing it 3 times to no noticeable phone response).
    -Touch screen less responsive.
    -Also I'm noticing that sprint navigation no longer gives me turn by turn voice. Does this have something to do with the GPS issues I'm seeing on here? Anyone else notice this?
    The most annoying problem is the lag.
    If Palm can get this stuff fixed, and I assume they are working on it. Then I'll be a happy camper. Otherwise I'd rather go back to 1.3.5 (or whatever I was at before 1.4) because video recording and blinky lights aren't worth this trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Quick Contacts 1.0.1 out on HomeBrew no longer works. It just hangs on the loading contacts screen.
    I had the same problem, but if you go to the app catalog you can download the update for quick contacts. mine works fine now
    Not sure if anyone's been having this same issue, but ever since I updated to WebOS 1.4 on Sprint, my phone has been hit with random and erratic episodes of incredibly sluggish performance when responding to e-mail. The sluggishness gets so bad that I have to do a battery pull just to get the phone running again. This has happened three times now in the days since the 1.4 update came out last week.

When I was on 1.3.5.1, I never had any problems like this. After the first time it happened, I used WebOS Doctor (1.4) to ensure a completely fresh install of WebOS 1.4, but the issue emerged again twice after I finished using WebOS Doctor. I haven't patched my phone or anything like that - ever. Is anyone else having similar problems? Is Palm even aware?

ORIGINAL POST: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-4-update.html