Page 78 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2868737475767778798081828388 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1902
    Wondering if there's a solution to this outside running the Doctor....Palm Profile Backup says it was last backed up on 3/1/10 @ 8:04pm...on the 2nd I noticed none of my Palm Profile Contacts are in my phone any more. How can I get that backup from 3/1/10 restored to get my contacts back? Also, if my backups are on...why hasn't my profile been backed up since the 1st? Is there a Palm Server issue going on?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmccrary View Post
    Just wanted to say ditto on these issues. Screen lock will display, but screen background shows the screen as unlocked. Also wake up screen by power button or push button in gesture area and it looks like it starts to wake up but then Luna crashes and restarts.

Only issues to add is that sometimes I have people say they called me, etc, but no notice on phone showing me they have. Then when luna crashed and restarted (noon one day) a voicemail alert popped up after the restart and had a message from 7:30am that morning. So seeing missed calls! emails didn't come in either during that time then after luna crash and restart here were 4 emails. Don't know whats up, but hope Palm can figure this out for all of us.
    Exact same issues here. Luna crashed when waking the phone up. Missed multiple calls and voicemail, as well as text message. Showed up mysteriously a few hours later. One other issue I have had is with the camera. Upon launching the camera it looked like it was about to show you the normal camera viewfinder, but the green button never showed up, and the screen just stayed fuzzy. Luna restart didn't help, full phone restart fixed it. The camera itself just seems a little bit quirky since the update.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbonizio View Post
    My battery is draining at a much faster rate than normal, which was improved with 1.3.5.1. I actually was getting used to the improvement the last update provided, but now it seems to be back right where it started when the Pre first came out. I made all the configurations necessary to prolong the battery life, but it still seems to be decreasing at the same rate. This is very unfortunate as it overshadows all of the great improvements that came with webOS 1.4. In my eyes, you can't fully enjoy all of the great features of this phone as long as the battery drains like it currently does. Maybe Palm will release a patch for 1.4 like they did with 1.3? Any thoughts?
    Same here, after a full charge of 100%, my phone is dead in 5 hours. Before 1.4 I could almost always get a full day or more out of the battery
    my battery life around the same if not a slight bit better. I never have wifi, gps or bluetooth on.

I just noticed a bug with text messaging. I sent a text, got a reply, then sent another and my last 2 messages were posted the same. Weird.
    Twice so far I've had my phone freeze up on me with the lock screen. I'd drag up the lock button to unlock it, and it would go away, but my phone would still be stuck on the lock screen. The key code screen never displayed to enter a PIN and I couldn't turn the phone off either because the phone still thought it was locked. I had to pull the battery.
    as with the previous 2 updates, my battery is dieing FAST! however for those of you its happening to .. just give it a few days, its a kink that works itself out ...the last 2 times I ended up with better battery life after a few days

*fingers crossed*
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Holy POS 1.4

My phone freezes when i get a text sometimes and it just vibrates for like 30 seconds solid as its loading a text message to the locked screen.

Its forced shut down twice today. one time i had to pull the battery while stream internet radio

Im going to wipe is clean and try again see where that takes me
    Quote Originally Posted by Telperion View Post
    Twice so far I've had my phone freeze up on me with the lock screen. I'd drag up the lock button to unlock it, and it would go away, but my phone would still be stuck on the lock screen. The key code screen never displayed to enter a PIN and I couldn't turn the phone off either because the phone still thought it was locked. I had to pull the battery.
    Known issue...bug in Palm software...see this post for more info, specifically rwhitby's explanation.
    No issues so far. Knock on wood. I like the update. Makes the Pre seem like bit more of a contender against Iphone, BB, and Droid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon1983 View Post
    Thank goodness I thought it was maybe just hardware messed up on mine or something. At least I know it's something from the update and hopefully they'll be addressing it. Sucks but at least it's not just our individual phones.
    Oh my GOD so it's not just me!!! I was attacking the damn thing with compressed air and then earlier I got so frustrated at the screen turning back on I punched the damn thing on the side trying to dislodge whatever was making the volume crazy.

I wonder what the hell is wrong with it.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I can not stream music from websites anymore. Gives a "There was an error playing the file" error message. Others have been having the same issue, is there a fix for this problem?
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I could stream before the 1.4 update. This is definitely a bug that needs to be fixed.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    My battery barely gives me 5-6 hours of standby since the upgrade.

Ugh.
    Anyone else have this problem? I just noticed it today on my Pre. Annoying now that I can't get to my e-mail on my gmail account.

Quote Originally Posted by tazarman View Post
    anyone having problems with email? After the update it worked great. Yesterday, one email account stopped downloading messages. Today, both email accounts are gone (both gmail accounts). I cant add the accounts back. It sits on signing in screen for hours. I can sign into my gmail accounts no problem in messaging....only email isnt working.

I was about to buy some palm stock after the update because at first it seemed incredible. Now ***. shame how long this thread is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElToro View Post
    Anyone else have this problem? I just noticed it today on my Pre. Annoying now that I can't get to my e-mail on my gmail account.
    try pulling the battery for a temporary fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barker View Post
    I started the download on EV, drove through town and got home with 1x, connected to Wifi automatically and forgot about 1.4 for about a half hour. Just tried to see how far it's going and it's a little more than halfway done unpacking. Phone is really slow.
    Same with me. I'm on Bell Mobility. Started download around 6PM, took about 25 minutes to download, then the unpacking and verifying went pretty fast. By about 6:45 I was prompted to click to install. I did that, then had to go out for the evening. It's now 11:50PM and the screen "Installing Update Do not remove battery" with the dot in the center and the "progress meter" around it are stuck at just 50%, with no movement.

I called Bell and they say that it's possible that it's still updating, but I think it's hosed/frozen/hung. I'm going to leave it until the a.m. but it sounds like I'm not the only one.

Has anyone else had it take this long and have it complete successfully? (This was from 1.3.5.1, by the way).

Also, I had a password set on my account when the phone went into standby; could this have been the problem?
    I can no longer universal search for a contact, and also have lost my email accounts. Is anyone else having this problem?

This is VERY annoying. I have to open the contacts card and then type the name just to call someone! This coming from just sliding the phone up and typing the first 2 letters and bamm. argggg!
    I can no longer universal search for a contact, and also have lost my email accounts. Is anyone else having this problem?

This is VERY annoying. I have to open the contacts card and then type the name just to call someone! This coming from just sliding the phone up and typing the first 2 letters and bamm. argggg!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno1769 View Post
    Holy POS 1.4

My phone freezes when i get a text sometimes and it just vibrates for like 30 seconds solid as its loading a text message to the locked screen.

Its forced shut down twice today. one time i had to pull the battery while stream internet radio

Im going to wipe is clean and try again see where that takes me
    Let me know how this works out for you.... I am afraid I will end up with more problems. My wife has a new phone, with NO patches, etc. and even she is having weird things going on. Not as bad as mine but still not normal.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    playing castle age on facebook causes to many cards open memory critical error. This with only 1 browser open. It takes about 5 mins or so but it's usually repeatable