Page 77 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2767727374757677787980818287 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1902
    I'm posting this for those people who are too lazy to browse through those countless pages, looking for specific problems.. I had only three issues after I updated to WebOS 1.4; (1) Pre got laggy sometimes, whenever I switch to different app.. (2) Delay response; whenever I touch on some app, I would have to wait few seconds (little longer than usual) for it to finally pop up and then start running.. (3) Using gmail; when I try to reply back to that email then it would freeze, and soft restart wouldn't even work.. Which means I had to take out the battery to do the hard reboot, and I did it twice..

After reading pages and pages, I decided to try and use WebOS doctor that is designed for WebOS 1.4 version.. After I doctored my Pre, it's running normal now.. Although there are still some times where there are delayed responses..

WebOS doctor for 1.4 version can be found at here: Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by Geministyle View Post
    I think if you have updated Preware & patches & you have removed any themes then your update should be fine. There was a problem with Preware that ate up memory but was fixed within hours! 1.4 is pretty dam cool!
    Yeah but what about the lag, lockups, and battery drains?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Trojan View Post
    Yeah but what about the lag, lockups, and battery drains?
    No such issues here. My one issue following upgrade was related to a patch, and we certainly can't find fault on Palm for that. Battery utilization has been much better for me -- usually by the end of my ski day it would be down to ~65%, but last Sunday following my 1.4 update it was still at nearly 80%.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    heres one for all you pre guys...

i installed some bad mojo on my brand new pre that was updated to 1.4 that caused no text or icons on the screen.
    so i ran webos doctor and it reloaded up to 1.2 (i think) then i downloaded the 1.4 update and now when i go to change my ringtone i cant preview it (i click on the little blue box next to the ringtone name) and nothing happens. Ne ideas on how 2 fix this would b greatly appreciated.

thanks.
    I've been having issues with mine. 1. Battery draining faster, 2. Sometimes won't come back on so I have to do a pull, 3. The volume keeps coming up and switches very quickly between normal and music icons and just keeps flipping out back and forth for a few seconds. Problem is it will keep doing it some times or after I turn the screen off it'll bring it back on to do it. Interferes with music so far over BT. Wonder if that may be where the issue lies.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stuge123 View Post

i installed some bad mojo on my brand new pre that was updated to 1.4 that caused no text or icons on the screen.
    so i ran webos doctor and it reloaded up to 1.2 (i think) then i downloaded the 1.4 update and now when i go to change my ringtone i cant preview it (i click on the little blue box next to the ringtone name) and nothing happens. Ne ideas on how 2 fix this would b greatly appreciated.

thanks.
    wouldn't it be easier to just doctor to 1.4?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    didnt know how to pick which to dr to. only had my phone 26 hours
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon1983 View Post
    I've been having issues with mine. 1. Battery draining faster, 2. Sometimes won't come back on so I have to do a pull, 3. The volume keeps coming up and switches very quickly between normal and music icons and just keeps flipping out back and forth for a few seconds. Problem is it will keep doing it some times or after I turn the screen off it'll bring it back on to do it. Interferes with music so far over BT. Wonder if that may be where the issue lies.
    My battery is draining faster as well. The biggest irritation has been that the volume keeps coming on and and flipping back and forth between the music and ring tone volume icons. No apparent reason. I thought at first maybe the volume rocker switch had been mashed, but it appears not. Anyway, even if it was, why would the MUSIC icon be coming on when I'm not even IN that app. It's very frustrating, and I think it may be the primary culprit for why my battery usage is up so much, as the phone will NOT stay in sleep mode. I'm downloading the WebOS Doctor for 1.4 right now. Hopefully this will fix the problem... What are these damn updates so buggy?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    didnt know how to pick which to dr to. only had my phone 26 hours
    go to palm and download the dr. they always have the latest version at the website.

thanks.
    I think that the problem previewing ringtones is a general 1.4 issue, i.e., not related to your earlier problems.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    thanks socal cal and bevcraw. good to know it wasnt something i did to my new toy. lol!
    I've had 1.4 with no issues until 2 days ago. Whenever I go to open my phone or open the app browser the music volume icon shows up at the bottom like I'm turning the volume up... It's extremely annoying. I promise you I'm not hitting the volume button.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    *** this!
    not sure if this is an issue but have Pre on o2 uk and i still cannot get the update! anyone else o o2 with this problem. my pre hasnt been patched or anything. i have actually unlocked with rebel sim to use on vodafone but not sure if thats a prob. i updated to 1.3.5.2 while doing same with no issues.......... any ideas would be appreciated. restarted many times but nothing even erased fully as well and still nothing! checked with my o2 sim in and still nothing!
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    There has be a way to fix the problems some folks are seeing here
    within the constraints of the existing 1.4. I don't believe that it's
    fundamentally broken, but it may be interacting badly with certain
    settings. I just put my phone back on the charger after 60 hours
    of mostly standby since last charge. My 1.4 Pre is faster in all ways that
    matter, browsing, email, universal search, call history, scrolling, zooming..
    etc. All better than 1.3.5 or any previous version.
    The only serious issue I have is with the Wifi->EVDO switching bug.

I have a bunch of patches, and lots of HB apps. I have 2 polling
    email accounts ("as they arrive" aka "push email" profiles are known battery
    suckers and should be switched to polling if you have battery problems).

If the whole UI is bogging down then there's something running in the
    background eating CPU cycles and that is also why your battery life is
    bad. Track it down and kill it, or reboot your phone (sometimes pulling
    the battery is the only way to stop a misbehaving hardware component
    like the radio or media encoder/decoder). I did have a problem with
    the new Camera app causing high battery drain once even after it was
    shut down, and I had to reboot to stop it. Since that is new to
    this release other people may be running into the same issue.

ian
    nobody?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    right now i wouldnt mind having all the problems associated with the damn update but i have not got it. device up to date whem it clearly isnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I posted this problem in the Pre forum that I had but I want to share. The patch "data connection in device menu" causes the uplaod to FB feature to fail. Then you won't be able to access the internet or use apps that require your data connection unless you do a restart to your phone. I removed the app, restarted the phone and then was able to upload photos to FB. DO NOT INSTALL this app!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I would definitely upgrade to 1.4. For the vast majority of folks, there have been few issues at all. It's definitely worth it in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by nollij View Post
    My battery is draining faster as well. The biggest irritation has been that the volume keeps coming on and and flipping back and forth between the music and ring tone volume icons. No apparent reason. I thought at first maybe the volume rocker switch had been mashed, but it appears not. Anyway, even if it was, why would the MUSIC icon be coming on when I'm not even IN that app. It's very frustrating, and I think it may be the primary culprit for why my battery usage is up so much, as the phone will NOT stay in sleep mode. I'm downloading the WebOS Doctor for 1.4 right now. Hopefully this will fix the problem... What are these damn updates so buggy?

Thank goodness I thought it was maybe just hardware messed up on mine or something. At least I know it's something from the update and hopefully they'll be addressing it. Sucks but at least it's not just our individual phones.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon1983 View Post
    Thank goodness I thought it was maybe just hardware messed up on mine or something. At least I know it's something from the update and hopefully they'll be addressing it. Sucks but at least it's not just our individual phones.
    If that were true then these problems would be affecting *everyone* who
    has installed 1.4 and they are not, as I just demonstrated above. In
    fact despite how busy this thread is, I suspect that the vast majority
    of users are not having most of these problems.

ian