Page 76 of 96 FirstFirst ... 26 667172737475767778798081 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1902
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Trojan View Post
    Okay so I'm incredibly reluctant to dl 1.4. I am on my 3rd Pre, and all my patches are the way I like it.

What is the general consensus about v1.4?
    As you can see from this thread, alot of people have complaints about problems after the upgrade.

Personally, the only problem I've had is that my Preware app didn't know what apps I had installed and some of the patches didn't work properly.

A co-worker installed the upgrade without any issues and didn't even uninstall Preware (just make sure you have the latest version).

Neither of us have any themes installed, but if you do, remove them before upgrading.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by conyeah View Post
    Low low volume on videos from video camera!!!
    Yeah, I noticed that too. The reason is not because of the OS, but the design of the phone. Remember, the microphone is just below the screen... the opposite side of the lens.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmccrary View Post
    Just wanted to say ditto on these issues. Screen lock will display, but screen background shows the screen as unlocked. Also wake up screen by power button or push button in gesture area and it looks like it starts to wake up but then Luna crashes and restarts.

Only issues to add is that sometimes I have people say they called me, etc, but no notice on phone showing me they have. Then when luna crashed and restarted (noon one day) a voicemail alert popped up after the restart and had a message from 7:30am that morning. So seeing missed calls! emails didn't come in either during that time then after luna crash and restart here were 4 emails. Don't know whats up, but hope Palm can figure this out for all of us.
    I have the same exact issues stated above. Will all this complaining actually get Palm to fix these issues? I wonder....(and hope)
    I cann't get my app catalog to load it just comes up blank can't DL any apps from preware i can get patches from preware but no app catalog i didn't read all 79 pages so you may have an answer already but search didn't help either would someone please throw me a bone??
    Quote Originally Posted by preViously View Post

- When sliding it open, I get the music volume level indicator on the screen.

- Pre has locked up a couple times.
    Also experiencing these issues. Additionally, App Catalog is FUBAR. there is an unknown app locking up the download/update of all other apps. It just hangs.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsunnie View Post
    I have the same exact issues stated above. Will all this complaining actually get Palm to fix these issues? I wonder....(and hope)
    It depends. If the problem is actually with the OS, then yes, they'll address it. However, I think most of the people having problems have modded phones (Preware installed). If that's the case, the problem isn't Palm's fault, and we're stuck waiting for updates from the developers.
    I've read all, well most of the issues that you guys complain about and I just wanted to say that I haven't experienced a single one. The only issue I will have sometimes is that when I'm typing sometimes it will double and sometimes tripple up on letters, but I was having that same issue before upgrading to 1.4 but then again I haven't used Preware or patches or anything like that, the only apps and things I have downloaded have been from the app catalog, so maybe that's why, not because 1.4 is screwed up or anything. Personally I love 1.4. From the video recording/editing to all the little things that they changed like the call log and the splash screen, and I even really enjoy the fact that before in messaging it was super vague about what times text messages were sent/recieved and now it has a time for almost every message, unless they were literally sent within the same minute. Idk I think they still need to change a few more things to make the pre perfect, but they're pretty close, and 1.4 was a step in the right direction.
    my issues:
    - flash player
    - third party apps
    - spell check/word suggestion (or atleast an option to have on or off)
    - the ability to save/download pictures from the internet
    - copy and paste in other areas besides just while composing a message

make those changes and I think the Pre would be perfect, atleast in my eyes. And those changes all seem like easy things to change/ update in future software updates, idk
    -
    Here are the issues I noticed with 1.4 so far.
    1) Last night my phone experienced a lock up. I hesitated on pulling the battery out because I noticed Palm is now detecting the lock up and restarting the phone for you. When the phone restarted all my apps were missing. I couldn't even search via keyboard for my apps. I restarted the phone again and all apps came back.

2) In the middle of playing Glyder2 the game would pause automatically and I would get a popup saying "Too many cards open" Glyder 2 was the only card i had open. My first guess was someone is calling me maybe and the phone app trying to pop up? but it was 3 am and it was constantly popping up. I restarted the phone (Again) and the issue went away.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Whoops, quoted something from a long time ago...
    --
    Honestly it's so cheap to send data over the regular internet (simple bulk rate points to less than $.02/gigabyte) that setting up a bittorrent system for a few hundred thousand people doesn't make sense. I'm guessing they also don't to make it that easy for people to get their hands on the update package.
    The pinch and zoom feature doesn't work on my phone anymore since the 1.4 update. If I double tap the text it still resizes in its sort-of-random way. But I can't manually zoom in and out.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janter View Post
    Here are the issues I noticed with 1.4 so far.
    1) Last night my phone experienced a lock up. I hesitated on pulling the battery out because I noticed Palm is now detecting the lock up and restarting the phone for you. When the phone restarted all my apps were missing. I couldn't even search via keyboard for my apps. I restarted the phone again and all apps came back.
    Stumbling across your post; if the apps continually disappear, it could be related to a problem with your profile. You may need to backup everything you can manually, disable Palm OTA syncing, and then wipe your device. That'll reset your profile, but you'll loose your app settings and Palm-only contacts. Happened to me
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmccrary View Post
    Just wanted to say ditto on these issues. Screen lock will display, but screen background shows the screen as unlocked. Also wake up screen by power button or push button in gesture area and it looks like it starts to wake up but then Luna crashes and restarts.

Only issues to add is that sometimes I have people say they called me, etc, but no notice on phone showing me they have. Then when luna crashed and restarted (noon one day) a voicemail alert popped up after the restart and had a message from 7:30am that morning. So seeing missed calls! emails didn't come in either during that time then after luna crash and restart here were 4 emails. Don't know whats up, but hope Palm can figure this out for all of us.
    Same issues as above for me and this has happened at least 3-4 times a day since the update, making my phone completely unreliable, in addition to creating a few very undesirable situations for us. I came searching for a solution, but looks like there isn't one really and sounds like the only answer is to doctor back to previous webos version?
    I was afraid of the remove everything answer. I wish Palm would provide a way for us to back up our game progress (I wish they would back up game progress for us). If i wipe out my phone again this would be the third time i'd be starting over on Need for speed, Glyder 2, Brain challenge. .. sucky
    I have a Pre+ with no patches or homebrew apps. Since installing 1.4 I'm experiencing touchscreen freeze-ups - especially with the web browser. Suddenly I can't scroll or pinch. Usually goes away after a while, but today I had to reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by gdgates View Post
    Luckily, I haven't had any of the nightmares after the update that so many on here seem to be have had. However, I have noticed that the battery is draining MUCH faster than it did before - and it wasn't that great to begin with. I used to get virtually no drain with the phone locked and inactive. Now it will go from 100% down to about 92% overnight, just sitting on my nightstand. That's pathetic!

Even that is much better than mine........... I will drop that much in a few hours
    Mine seems OK. I'm not a power user like others here so it was a clean upgrade. My small annoyance is the browser doesn't go back exactly to where I was when the back button is pressed. Sometimes it goes back a few lines higher, sometimes back to the top of the page. It's kinda annoying trying to figure out where you were.
    I've got the palm pre on sprint. I stream audio files from a local radio station. The filenames they use have a % in them.

Ive found that if the mp3 file has a "%" in the filename it will error. This wasn't an issue on 1.3 or earlier versions. I've downloaded the file to the pre and then tried to play it with no luck. If I take the same file and take out the %'s it will play just fine.

Is this a known problem or is there a fix for it?
    Wow this sucks, I feel bad for you guys. I'm skurred to update now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Trojan View Post
    Wow this sucks, I feel bad for you guys. I'm skurred to update now.
    I think if you have updated Preware & patches & you have removed any themes then your update should be fine. There was a problem with Preware that ate up memory but was fixed within hours! 1.4 is pretty dam cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reido275 View Post
    ive just updated to 1.4 and now my ring is not going off for phone calls, and neither is the sound for alarms, the only sounds i can get out are sytm sounds. help anyone, thnx.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2280727
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad