Page 75 of 96 FirstFirst ... 25 657071727374757677787980 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1902
    After the update I had better performance, working better on my touchstone in the car (no disconnect/reconnect when hitting brake) and my 3d games all opened with having to restart. But I was getting random resets, and horrible battery life. Now after about a week I can't seem to load the 3d games without the too many cards error again, and even restarting does not always help. My batter is about drained about 30% more than normal at the end of my work day. I am thinking of doing a complete erase and starting over, but people doing the WebOS Doctor have reported worth problems.

Anyone that has done an Full Erase or WebOS Doctor with good luck, better performance, etc.?
  2. qqq
    Quote Originally Posted by trakslacker View Post
    +1. I've experienced this perhaps 3 times since updating to 1.4, which in turns means that is has happened approximate 1/10 times I open the email app. Cannot consistently reproduce, but it's definitely there. If I can provide any further circumstantial info over the next few days, I will do so. For reference I only have a Gmail account setup in email.

Thanks,

T
    This happens to me quite a bit too. 1/10 sounds about right, or a bit more. I have three imap accounts set up, two with self-signed certs, one with a "legit" cert, no gmail. No idea what causes it. Sort of annoying.
  3. qqq
    Last edited by qqq; 03/04/2010 at 12:27 AM. Reason: accidental double post due to slow site
  4. qqq
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post

-intermittent problem where if I turn the screen on the little lock icon will be there but the rest of the screen will be as if it's not locked.
    This happens to me about half the time or more. It's pretty irritating. Once it starts doing this it seems to always do it until a reboot. Also when its in this state it won't turn off on the touchstone at all, it just stays on the regular on screen. Rebooting fixes it for a while.

-intermittent problem where when i open my phone the screen wont turn on at all. it will stay blank no matter what I do then all the sudden turn on just fine.
    I have this one too, except when it turns on after the delay, luna crashes and restarts.

This is all on a recently "doctor"ed phone with no patches installed.
    My update took about 1 1/2 hours. The install and restart took just about as long... you know how restarts are on these phones.

Keep your heads up, it will happen!
    My phone has been sluggish since downloading WebOS 1.4.0. Yes i have webOS quickinstall and preware. I did a full erase and the problem was not solved. I could not launch 3d apps even though my MyTether patch was not active.

I did a WebOS quickinstall Doctor fix and it took me back to WebOS 1.3 amazingly, but minus all my 3d apps. Now i'm in the process of downloading WebOS 1.4.0 without homebrew.

One questions, after doing the Doctor wipe, my 3d apps were gone and i could not search for them to redownload them from the Apps store. Why?
    Okay so I'm incredibly reluctant to dl 1.4. I am on my 3rd Pre, and all my patches are the way I like it.

What is the general consensus about v1.4?
    ive just updated to 1.4 and now my ring is not going off for phone calls, and neither is the sound for alarms, the only sounds i can get out are sytm sounds. help anyone, thnx.
    My phone was stuck on the "Checking for updates..." while a friend on the same wifi network already was downloading. So finally I gave up and restarted my Pre (power down and restart) and it immeadiately started updating after restart and re-check of updates!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNolan View Post
    My phone has been sluggish since downloading WebOS 1.4.0. Yes i have webOS quickinstall and preware. I did a full erase and the problem was not solved. I could not launch 3d apps even though my MyTether patch was not active.

I did a WebOS quickinstall Doctor fix and it took me back to WebOS 1.3 amazingly, but minus all my 3d apps. Now i'm in the process of downloading WebOS 1.4.0 without homebrew.

One questions, after doing the Doctor wipe, my 3d apps were gone and i could not search for them to redownload them from the Apps store. Why?
    Your 3D apps, if purchased in the app store, should be downloading, when you sign into your palm profile. If they are homebrew, you will have to reinstall again
    My fix for the the Volume control weirdness was to remove the Ringer Switch Icon patch. My reason for doing it was that my pre restarted itself while I was using DrPodder just after I switched from vibrate to ring. I haven't had any problems since I removed it.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    I still have the issue where the Holidays from the Palm Profile in my Calendar are one day ahead of the real holiday.

It's been an issue for months and still persists.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Luckily, I haven't had any of the nightmares after the update that so many on here seem to be have had. However, I have noticed that the battery is draining MUCH faster than it did before - and it wasn't that great to begin with. I used to get virtually no drain with the phone locked and inactive. Now it will go from 100% down to about 92% overnight, just sitting on my nightstand. That's pathetic!
    Quote Originally Posted by djorijun View Post
    everything keeps crashing for me. The camera doesn't work and the my ringtones won't play
    Im having the same problem. I cant get o the web either.
    Quote Originally Posted by qqq View Post
    This happens to me about half the time or more. It's pretty irritating. Once it starts doing this it seems to always do it until a reboot. Also when its in this state it won't turn off on the touchstone at all, it just stays on the regular on screen. Rebooting fixes it for a while.

I have this one too, except when it turns on after the delay, luna crashes and restarts.

This is all on a recently "doctor"ed phone with no patches installed.
    Just wanted to say ditto on these issues. Screen lock will display, but screen background shows the screen as unlocked. Also wake up screen by power button or push button in gesture area and it looks like it starts to wake up but then Luna crashes and restarts.

Only issues to add is that sometimes I have people say they called me, etc, but no notice on phone showing me they have. Then when luna crashed and restarted (noon one day) a voicemail alert popped up after the restart and had a message from 7:30am that morning. So seeing missed calls! emails didn't come in either during that time then after luna crash and restart here were 4 emails. Don't know whats up, but hope Palm can figure this out for all of us.
    If you can't get on the web remove the multi mod patch. If that works make sure you get the latest version of the patch which is fixed.
    hey guy sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm not tech savy, haha actually 3 questions:
    1: is there any better way to save a picture from the web besides doing a screen capture?
    2: is it possible to copy and paste text/images/ other stuff from the internet?
    3: what's the deal with flash? Is it that we're waiting for a plug-in to be released or something? Any idea of how long? Thanks
    Howie
    Updated to 1.4 and all of my feeds went away with preware. I deleted preware, tried to connect to quick install (I have the latest version of that) to install it again, and now the quick install program will not recognize my phone as a device. Am I missing something?
    Developer mode turned on
    Just charge mode
    Ran web doctor os
    Tried different usb ports
    Tried my wifes pre also, same thing
    HELP!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Having read a few pages, it would be a waste of time for me to read the whole thing.

Here are my new bugs:

-Receiving another text while the phone is still vibrating from the last text causes the phone to vibrate out of control and freeze for a good ten seconds

-random luna restarts and even complete phone restarts for no reason with nothing open, no new messages/emails, just with the phone sitting on the desk

-intermittent problems staying connected to certain Wifi networks that I never had a problem with before

-intermittent problem where if I turn the screen on the little lock icon will be there but the rest of the screen will be as if it's not locked. Also the lock is unable to be moved to unlock the phone

-unable to complete installs on certain apps even though the app store says it's installed

-also, although I have not had any service issues, I do notice that the 'bars' tend to fluctuate between 1 and 5 more often now

-intermittent problem where when i open my phone the screen wont turn on at all. it will stay blank no matter what I do then all the sudden turn on just fine.

The issues listed above are new to a fresh 1.4 webosdoctor install. They also occurred previous to any patches I installed.

I will note, because some users have said otherwise, that I have had little to no change in battery life. [maybe a little, tiny bit better]

Personally, Flash support and video recording was not worth this.

I understand that Palm is trying to compete here and therefore trying to get as many fixes and improvements as possible but I would rather have had this update released in March than be an inconvenience in February.
    I have a bug to add:

-every once in a while when I click the email app it will go to the screen showing which email accounts I have as if I just submitted the account. I can then either click done or add account. Annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Trojan View Post
    What is the general consensus about v1.4?
    I'll tell ya once it's out of beta. ;]
    Last edited by Mattykinsx; 03/04/2010 at 09:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crabapples View Post
    anyone else notice that when you have an email notification at the bottom and click on it to go straight to that email, the notification just goes away and it stays on the current card! it wasn't like that on 1.3.5.1!!!! it worked correctly then!
    Mine doesn't do that. When I click on the little envelope icon, the header info will show up at the bottom of the screen. If I click on that, the message opens.