Page 74 of 96 FirstFirst ... 24 646970717273747576777879 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1902
  1. sjlee's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #1461  
    I find it interesting that some people blame Palm for the issues they are having with their modded phones. Don't people realize that it's not Palm's responsibility to test their OS upgrades with mods? That's the risk that you take by installing mods to your phone.

    I guess they don't realize the beauty in Palm letting people mod their phones. If you want a phone where all apps are tested get an iPhone... since Apple controls everything that gets installed.
  2. #1462  

    does anybody know if there is a forum link talking about how to use Palm webOS SDK emulator?? Please..thanx to all who reply..
  3. #1463  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryenthelion View Post
    here are my symptoms:

    -when someone calls Pre will randomly decide not to ring or show anything that someone is calling

    -my cards take forever to open, specifically calendar, email, and internet are taking 5-10 times longer then before.

    -sometimes when i open my phone the screen wont turn on at all. it will stay unresponsive, ill hit every button and do whatever i can, but i doesnt want to come out of sleep mode.

    - and yes my battery life is worse than before, but only slightly
    screen wont turn on really ****es me off because I have to pull the battery every time
  4. #1464  
    anyone else notice that when you have an email notification at the bottom and click on it to go straight to that email, the notification just goes away and it stays on the current card! it wasn't like that on 1.3.5.1!!!! it worked correctly then!
  5. #1465  
    anyone having trouble running file coaster after the update im having a hard time gettin mine to open
  6. #1466  
    so I noticed my battery sucking. Then it said too many cards open when nothing was open. Restarted the phone and while it was shutting down it started flipping through all the cards that was open since this morning. What's up with that? Is there a task manager on this or is there an app or patch for a task manager? Palm pre with all kinds of crap, like 4x4 mytether vid flash so on and so on. Thanks
  7. #1467  
    Quote Originally Posted by crabapples View Post
    anyone else notice that when you have an email notification at the bottom and click on it to go straight to that email, the notification just goes away and it stays on the current card! it wasn't like that on 1.3.5.1!!!! it worked correctly then!
    mine is working fine

    not having this issue
  8. a2k
    a2k is offline
    a2k's Avatar
    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #1468  
    The Sleep Bug has occurred to me more times than I care to count and it's very disappointing. I've full erased, and Doctored to a clean new system without any mods and the phone locks up when returning from sleep. It proceeds to reboot Luna at which time I could only assume resources are tied because most apps will misbehave, or sometimes lock up until I yank the battery.

    Never fails, it's done it to me four times today!
    Last edited by a2k; 03/03/2010 at 09:16 PM.
  9. #1469  
    Quote Originally Posted by blazedg69 View Post
    Hi has anyone run into this issue when i make a call and the party i call hang up when were done talking my volume for ringer goes back down all the way but when on the same call when i hang up it doesnt thanks in advance to you fine people in this forum for some feed back
    I am having this exact same problem and it's driving me crazy. Did anyone come up with a solution? I don't want to read 77 pages.
  10. #1470  
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipzdod View Post
    I need help everyone I updated to 1.4, now all of my apps are gone and when I try to download them again it gives me this error message "This app requires 7.24M (depends on the app). You must delete some apps of files before you can install it. blah blah blah..." In the app catalog when I click to see what apps I have it says you have no apps installed. Has anyone run into this and is there a solution. BTW preware isn't working either won't load.
    Oh my, I'm not the only one with this issue....
  11. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #1471  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    This is a problem in the way WebOS numbers the photos.

    So are you saying it was present *before* webos 1.4? if so, it doesn't bother me as i never noticed it before. It's just the thing of deleting... altho i have a feeling the (actually only 2) photos i may have accidentally deleted myself.

    It seems to just not count each one. for example, at 140, take 2 photos, it's at 141, take 3 more, it's at 144... it seems like it's just a rough estimate almost. Is that the behaviour you meant bevcraw?

    as long as thing aren't deleted i'm fine.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  12. #1472  
    volume control randomly appears on screen when I slide open the keyboard or sometimes press the touch area button to close a card. It makes it to where I have to press the button about 4-5 times before it finally puts it in card mode so i can swipe it closed. annoying.

    also, I dont see any differences in the options as far as messaging,email..etc. alerts. only thing I see different is obviously the button blinks...but I read there were other notification options.

    I read there were differences in the calendar, email and messaging apps.......I dont see anything different except the calender has a red bar on the present hour....and has later times in the pm.

    My battery life improved 10000%!!! Im usually dead by 3pm, if not earlier, if I dont have it charging at all during the day...today, I havent charged it once and it is still on at 10pm (at 20%)
  13. #1473  
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    So are you saying it was present *before* webos 1.4? if so, it doesn't bother me as i never noticed it before. It's just the thing of deleting... altho i have a feeling the (actually only 2) photos i may have accidentally deleted myself.

    It seems to just not count each one. for example, at 140, take 2 photos, it's at 141, take 3 more, it's at 144... it seems like it's just a rough estimate almost. Is that the behaviour you meant bevcraw?

    as long as thing aren't deleted i'm fine.
    I have not actually experienced the problem. I just keep up with what other people are saying in the forums.

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...appearing.html
  14. #1474  
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor1973 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blazedg69 View Post
    Hi has anyone run into this issue when i make a call and the party i call hang up when were done talking my volume for ringer goes back down all the way but when on the same call when i hang up it doesnt thanks in advance to you fine people in this forum for some feed back
    I am having this exact same problem and it's driving me crazy. Did anyone come up with a solution? I don't want to read 77 pages.
    Same problem here. I came here looking for anyone else reporting this issue and to try to find a solution. I didn't read all 77 pages, but a forum search found only comments from the two of you on point.

    Let's compare notes. I have a Sprint Pre. Do either of you have any patches installed? I have the following:

    Add Date - MM/DD
    Auto-Enable IP Forwarding In Mobile Hotspot (not that that's useful anymore)
    Battery Icon and Percent
    Call Block/Rejecter
    Change Number of Bookmarks on Startpage
    Close on hangup
    Delete From Notification
    Enable Add/Delete Pages
    Match State to Area Code
    More Reminder Alarm Times
    Named Pages in the Launcher
    No Alert During Call
    Read/Delete All Email
    Show App Details
    SMS Tone per Contact
    Swipe to Delete Videos
    Unthrottle Download Manager
    Video Camera Flashlight

    When I ran 1.4 the "Match State to Area Code" phone patch was fubarred and wouldn't uninstall or even remove. I had to remove all other phone patches to get it to uninstall, and then reinstalled them back. That took care of that uninstall problem, but I wonder if it's somehow related.

    Looking for any common threads between your patches and mine.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
  15. #1475  
    Quote Originally Posted by northward View Post
    Same problem here. I came here looking for anyone else reporting this issue and to try to find a solution. I didn't read all 77 pages, but a forum search found only comments from the two of you on point.

    Let's compare notes. I have a Sprint Pre. Do either of you have any patches installed? I have the following:

    Add Date - MM/DD
    Auto-Enable IP Forwarding In Mobile Hotspot (not that that's useful anymore)
    Battery Icon and Percent
    Call Block/Rejecter
    Change Number of Bookmarks on Startpage
    Close on hangup
    Delete From Notification
    Enable Add/Delete Pages
    Match State to Area Code
    More Reminder Alarm Times
    Named Pages in the Launcher
    No Alert During Call
    Read/Delete All Email
    Show App Details
    SMS Tone per Contact
    Swipe to Delete Videos
    Unthrottle Download Manager
    Video Camera Flashlight

    When I ran 1.4 the "Match State to Area Code" phone patch was fubarred and wouldn't uninstall or even remove. I had to remove all other phone patches to get it to uninstall, and then reinstalled them back. That took care of that uninstall problem, but I wonder if it's somehow related.

    Looking for any common threads between your patches and mine.
    FYI, on a hunch I just uninstalled "No Alert During Call" and since then I can no longer replicate the problem. Let's see if that solves it.

    Edit: Sure enough, that's the problem. See this post: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2270380
    Last edited by northward; 03/03/2010 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Solution found
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
  16. #1476  
    Quote Originally Posted by northward View Post
    FYI, on a hunch I just uninstalled "No Alert During Call" and since then I can no longer replicate the problem. Let's see if that solves it.
    I have a bunch of patches including "No Alert During Call", which worked fine on 1.3.5.1, but I will try uninstalling it and see if it conflicts with 1.4. Thanks for the tip. I'll come back and report.
  17. #1477  
    The multi mod patch was the problem. Thanks.
  18. #1478  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightnin1o1 View Post
    The multi mod patch was the problem. Thanks.
    Which problem? The one just above your post with the volume dropping to 0 when the person on the other end hangs up after a call?
  19. #1479  
    Either my battery life has become awesome or it isn't reporting correctly charged my phone to 100% and it's been off the charger for at least 3 hours and it still says 100% I know it's probably going to go away after a restart but I'm gonna see what happens if I just let it die.
  20. #1480  
    So I've written on this thread earlier that I've had problems, most of the problems you all are facing plus some...
    I have WEBDOC 1.03 that i never got rid of. so I emptied all files i wanted from my phone, did a full erase then wiped it all clean with WEBOS 1.03...
    I used 1.03 because if anyone on here knows, that any version of webdoc past 1.2 will completely erase everything do when its finished loading its like a having an oven fresh PRE straight from factory.

    ANyway after loading 1.03 i updated to 1.4 and I still have slow loading apps and i still have a camera app that lags and shutters and freezes.
    These problems have NOTHING to do with a modded phone, they have NOTHING to do with patches, it is just a poorly constructed update that makes everything run worse then before. my phone is slower, the apps load slower and my camera is now a nightmare to use.
    what good is a video recorder if it takes me 5 minutes just to load correctly?
    RyentheLion... preparation + opportunity = SUCCESS
    >> THE LIONS WEB <<

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions