Page 72 of 96 FirstFirst ... 22 626768697071727374757677 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1902
    i searched multiple pages and i can find anyone who is having the exact same problem i am. It seems 1.4 update just caused a mass hysteria of different problems for everyone.
    Anyway here are my symptoms:

-when someone calls Pre will randomly decide not to ring or show anything that someone is calling

-as of this morning someone i had a bunch of unread txts but no notifications.

-my cards take forever to open, specifically calendar, email, and internet are taking 5-10 times longer then before.

-when i open my phone sometimes i get an unlock screen or sometimes it goes straight to the dashboard.

-sometimes when i open my phone the screen wont turn on at all. it will stay unresponsive, ill hit every button and do whatever i can, but i doesnt want to come out of sleep mode.

- switching between 3g and wifi seems to mess up any kind of streaming radio

-camera and video recorder are operating so slow its almost ridiculous. i'll take a picture and literally 5 seconds later it will make the picture has been taken sound. it just seems my phone is having a heart attack when i try to take pictures.

- and yes my battery life is worse than before, but only slightly

_______ HERE are my specs: Sprint PRE
    running preware. 4x4 icons v3, all day events in month view, default month view, enable add pages, sms tone per contact, video camera flashlight

I ran EPR before and after update to 1.4 so i was careful. I was thinking of just running EPR again and using 1.4 doctor.
    UNLESS SOMEONE ELSE HAS A BETTER IDEA =)
    RyentheLion... preparation + opportunity = SUCCESS
    >> THE LIONS WEB <<
    This is awesome, the combination of the last 4 posters is what im experiencing. At least its good to know im not the only one, and this time around, returning the phone aint gonna fix it.
    And just to think, some of you guys stayed awake all through Feb 15th pushing that update button, then again feb 24-25-26 all for this mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by carlitoelculpable View Post
    Hey you guys... Have any of u have any problems trying to open the preware app cuss i can'ttt plisss.... Help!!!
    I am still having the same problem! Does anybody know how to fix this?!? Do I need to re-install?
    Quote Originally Posted by cibersay View Post
    This is awesome, the combination of the last 4 posters is what im experiencing. At least its good to know im not the only one, and this time around, returning the phone aint gonna fix it.
    And just to think, some of you guys stayed awake all through Feb 15th pushing that update button, then again feb 24-25-26 all for this mess.
    yea cibersay, this is not a phone return issue. our hardware is fine, its just that the software developers are getting worked like slaves to come out with these updates and they are not thorough in there code writing.
    I'm sorry but PALM your EFF-ED up from the inside out. you need smarter code writers for your updates.
    >> THE LIONS WEB <<
    Quote Originally Posted by ryenthelion View Post
    I'm sorry but PALM your EFF-ED up from the inside out. you need smarter code writers for your updates.
    No, it's not about being smart. It's about testing the software to correct degree.

This was a rushed update to keep in line with the February promise.
    My phone has been "Updating PRL for two days. ANd the only screen option is "Cancel"
    1) What is a PRL? (is this the 1.4 upgrade?)
    2) Should I cancel?
    3) How do I get the new 1.4 release?
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msantarc View Post
    My phone has been "Updating PRL for two days. ANd the only screen option is "Cancel"
    1) What is a PRL? (is this the 1.4 upgrade?)
    2) Should I cancel?
    3) How do I get the new 1.4 release?
    To get my PRL to update, I had to disconnect my Airave, turn on Wifi, and then restart the phone/data. PRL stands for Preferred Roaming List.

Preferred Roaming List - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Me, too, have the problem with enlarging the pdf attachment. How much I miss the older version!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    No, it's not about being smart. It's about testing the software to correct degree.
    IF they were "smart" they would be testing it to the correct degree.
    so my point stands.
    >> THE LIONS WEB <<
    Quote Originally Posted by dubmess View Post
    This is slightly incorrect as there is a 1.4 doctor available now.
    You can find all previous doctor versions here:
    So my question to this is--if i DOCTOR my pre with the webos doctor 1.4 will it revert my system back to the most current functioning software version?=(which was 1.3.5.1)----Or do I have to run the older webos doctor version 1.3.5.1 in order to achieve that result?..Please help me out here with this info-----Thanks to all who reply.
    IF they were "smart" they would be testing it to the correct degree.
    so my point stands.
    They were smart to the degree that they did what they could to stay in line with their deadline. If I remember correctly, there were 100's of people just on this site saying, "PALM RELEASE THIS UPDATE ALREADY!!!!" + There are a lot of these problems occurring because we can do so much with our phones. Not saying there isn't any room for palm to improve, but my phone is running fine!
    Quote Originally Posted by imjustgage View Post
    So my question to this is--if i DOCTOR my pre with the webos doctor 1.4 will it revert my system back to the most current functioning software version?=(which was 1.3.5.1)----Or do I have to run the older webos doctor version 1.3.5.1 in order to achieve that result?..Please help me out here with this info-----Thanks to all who reply.
    You will need to have the doctor version 1.3.5.1, otherwise you would be reverted back to 1.4
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I'm having similar problems but since there are 51 pages and the search isn't turning up anything relevant i'm asking here. So don't yell if it's been posted and fixed... anyway

1) phone now drops from Ev to 1x more often than before
    2) the TOO MANY CARDS OPEN warning comes up ..sometimes with NO cards open.. whats up with that?

If someone could point me in the right direction on how to fix this i would appreciate it.

thanks!
    b
    _______ HERE are my specs: Sprint PRE
    running preware. 4x4 icons v3, all day events in month view, default month view, enable add pages, sms tone per contact, video camera flashlight

I ran EPR before and after update to 1.4 so i was careful. I was thinking of just running EPR again and using 1.4 doctor.
    UNLESS SOMEONE ELSE HAS A BETTER IDEA =)
    I was reading and I think I remember someone saying that once they removed the sms tone per contact patch, the missed calls and shutting down stopped happening. So maybe try that!
    Quote Originally Posted by sphyg04 View Post
    You will need to have the doctor version 1.3.5.1, otherwise you would be reverted back to 1.4

THANX BUNCHES = sphyg04...APPRECIATE THAT...
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Can the moderator form a list of all the issues so we don't have to go through 70+ pages of bull$h!t repeat complaints??
    What worked for me was:

1) Erase the entire signature and enter a Space.

2) Back out of the configuration to save your signature with a Space

3) Go back into the configuration and then remove the Space... Back out again to save

No more "-- Sent from my palm pre"
    does anybody know if there is a forum link talking about how to use Palm webOS SDK emulator?? Please..thanx to all who reply..
    it is needed...
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtale View Post
    Can the moderator form a list of all the issues so we don't have to go through 70+ pages of bull$h!t repeat complaints??
    Yes i do agree..it is needed