Page 71 of 96 FirstFirst ... 21 616667686970717273747576 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1902
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Since I have updated my phone my cards do not open right up. When I open one it first starts small with the generic card logo(mail logo for mail, penguin logo for Preware, etc) and sits there for about 1-2 sec and then opens all the way. This did not happen before. I have even ran EPR to test and am still getting the same thing.

Anyone else seeing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by trukansan View Post
    Since I have updated my phone my cards do not open right up. When I open one it first starts small with the generic card logo(mail logo for mail, penguin logo for Preware, etc) and sits there for about 1-2 sec and then opens all the way. This did not happen before. I have even ran EPR to test and am still getting the same thing.

Anyone else seeing this?
    lol...its a new way cards open since 1.4....its new
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I have a Pre on Sprint. I'm having severe issues after the 1.4 update:

Audio alerts for SMS and the phone ringer work. ALL other audio does not work - Music, youtube, and best of all, phone call audio does not work. If I plug in external speakers Pandora works, but I haven't had a chance to test any other apps with external speakers yet. Phone calls only have audio if I switch to speaker phone. If I switch out of speaker phone while still on a call I can no longer hear my call.

I've rebooted and fully power cycled, no luck. Everything was fine prior to the 1.4 upgrade.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykimdotnet View Post
    just found out the doc viewer doesn't support pinch to zoom. That's even more counterintuitive than not having it in the pdf viewer.
    Sadly, this isn't new to 1.4
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    lol...its a new way cards open since 1.4....its new
    Interesting. I think I like the old way better
    I too hope you jump ship and go get a iPhone and then you won't have any customization, no free apps and no multi-tasking. When you come to this site I assume you are modding your phone. If you mod your phone you've got to read instructions and then expect there will be some problems. 1.4 only came out a couple of days ago, most of the PATCH and app developers didn't have 1.4 to test in advance. I find most people have been told to remove THEMES, but always forget and then want to b.i.t.c.h. when they have problems, some won't be honest about it just blame it on Palm.

Thankfully, I only had a few problems with 1.4. A couple of reboots, a battery removal, a battery change with my spare, removal of some old patches and re-installs (I did not remove any patches before the 1.4 update), yes most of them wouldn't update, but I expected that, just went with the hope and suggestions of the Guru's and their testing. All I had to do is remove them, then reinstall and everything is great.

I am not having battery problems, but then my phone sits on my Touchstone most of the time. I am now running battery tests getting about 7.5% drain per hour under light loads which is about a 12 hour life. I am running a bright screen setting, WiFi on, no EVDO or Bluetooth. I will run tests with those running, but I am not seeing battery drain. I think that is due to something you have downloaded that's causing problems.

I hope you find a replacement or get some patience and quit WHINNING here. Anyone that is here and gets the benefits of all the mods, patches and apps accepts the problems whether they like it or not.

Our Guru's do a great job of testing and doing everything they can to make things work right. They also give us great instructions on how to fix problems, there are also great folks here that are not THE Guru's that will help when someone is nice or asks for help before they start the WHINNING or Slamming rants. Some will even help the WHINNERS and Slammers!

This is my ANTI-WHINNING and SLAMMING RANT. Sorry, it really wasn't you completely, just my lack of patience with many others. You are the straw that broke the camel's back.

Quote Originally Posted by cibersay View Post
    my issues

SLOWWWWWW.... after 1.4 it takes a good 10, sometimes 15 seconds to load a simple app like contacts.. i mean seriously?

Battery now doesnt last 5 hours like it used to, now im at 20% within 4 hours and then amazingly from 20% to 0%(and a shutdown) within 5 minutes.

Sometimes have to try 5-6 times to access web, facebook, AP

If you thought your pre had sporadic reception before, wait till you meet mine after 1.4 update. Completely not touching the pre and letting it sit in same spot, it goes from 5 to 1 bars and back in 3.1 seconds – that’s faster than Porsche 911.

Booyah, im going to wait until the next good phone comes out on Sprint (perhaps supersonic if they do live up to its release date of sometime in march). Cuz Palm Pre and I are officially over.

But hey, on the bright side, I now have video recording, so I can now record my frustration with this POS phone and upload it to youtube - no wait, i cant get enough reception to access the web...

F..k this sh..t. i was very patient with palm but its obvious, they're going down. and im jumping the ship before it happens.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    After upgrading to WebOS 1.4, I can no longer stream media content over a port besides 80 (even on the LAN).

When I try, I get the "There was an error playing the file" message.

Before the upgrade, this was not a problem.

This is not documented in the changelog.

Anyone else having this problem?

And why would Palm make this change?
    I have the Reboot Scheduler installed and the reboot time is 4 AM. Since 1.4 every time I try to unlock it in the morning nothing happens. I've tried unlocking by opening slider, power button, tried doing a reboot Sym + Orange + R, tried power button and flipping the ringer switch. The notification LED was flashing this morning so it appears as though the device is on. I finally had to pull my battery to get the phone to load. This has happened from USB charge and Touchstone charge.

I'm also having the unlock screen issues where it doesn't show the lock screen but is showing the app or my background with the unlock icon.

I have no patches/themes installed. Just a regular Sprint Pre.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I have the Reboot Scheduler installed and the reboot time is 4 AM. Since 1.4 every time I try to unlock it in the morning nothing happens. I've tried unlocking by opening slider, power button, tried doing a reboot Sym + Orange + R, tried power button and flipping the ringer switch. The notification LED was flashing this morning so it appears as though the device is on. I finally had to pull my battery to get the phone to load. This has happened from USB charge and Touchstone charge.

I'm also having the unlock screen issues where it doesn't show the lock screen but is showing the app or my background with the unlock icon.

I have no patches/themes installed. Just a regular Sprint Pre.
    Thanks for reporting this. Mind going to the link below and reporting it as well?

1.4 bug- sleeping phone doesn't wake, reboots inst... - Palm Support Community
    web browser drains my battery at about 1% per minute. This is a big drop-off from before.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Most people who cannot resolve their problems with one of the above described methods take their phones back to the service provider for a replacement.

And I think that most people would describe your prior last sentence (phrases, hard to tell which) as a rant:

F..k this sh..t. i was very patient with palm but its obvious, they're going down. and im jumping the ship before it happens.
    This is my second phone, and I already took it to the store ones to fix an issue (cleaning the 3mm port, phone apparently thought the headphones were plugged in, turned out it was dirty ). Bottom line, the webos concept was the greatest invention since the sliced bread, but I have come to realize, I just dont have the patience with these problems.

and now for this guy...:

Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    I too hope you jump ship and go get a iPhone and then you won't have any customization, no free apps and no multi-tasking. When you come to this site I assume you are modding your phone. If you mod your phone you've got to read instructions and then expect there will be some problems. 1.4 only came out a couple of days ago, most of the PATCH and app developers didn't have 1.4 to test in advance. I find most people have been told to remove THEMES, but always forget and then want to b.i.t.c.h. when they have problems, some won't be honest about it just blame it on Palm.

Thankfully, I only had a few problems with 1.4. A couple of reboots, a battery removal, a battery change with my spare, removal of some old patches and re-installs (I did not remove any patches before the 1.4 update), yes most of them wouldn't update, but I expected that, just went with the hope and suggestions of the Guru's and their testing. All I had to do is remove them, then reinstall and everything is great.

I am not having battery problems, but then my phone sits on my Touchstone most of the time. I am now running battery tests getting about 7.5% drain per hour under light loads which is about a 12 hour life. I am running a bright screen setting, WiFi on, no EVDO or Bluetooth. I will run tests with those running, but I am not seeing battery drain. I think that is due to something you have downloaded that's causing problems.

I hope you find a replacement or get some patience and quit WHINNING here. Anyone that is here and gets the benefits of all the mods, patches and apps accepts the problems whether they like it or not.

Our Guru's do a great job of testing and doing everything they can to make things work right. They also give us great instructions on how to fix problems, there are also great folks here that are not THE Guru's that will help when someone is nice or asks for help before they start the WHINNING or Slamming rants. Some will even help the WHINNERS and Slammers!

This is my ANTI-WHINNING and SLAMMING RANT. Sorry, it really wasn't you completely, just my lack of patience with many others. You are the straw that broke the camel's back.

Not sure who you think you're talking to, maybe you think im a teenager or something but please tone it down. I did mod it, and I did follow ALL instructions, and went even beyond as to wiping everything off and getting the phone to bare stock before 1.4 upgrade. There is no whining, i guess the Pandora thing this morning was (as you said) last straw for me. I've had some major problems with my first Pre, then got this one 2 months ago and it has been somewhat of a smooth sailing other than random stupidity, lags requiring restarts, dropped calls, phone thinking it has headphones plugged in, etc etc.. I kept my cool... battery sucked, i bought 4 extra usb cords so that wherever I was, I have it plugged in. But this 1.4 pushed me over the edge. No patches, no apps, not rooted, just bare stock pre updated to 1.4 and now i have all these problems (and i havent even tried to put any of the patches back, thats out of question at this point).

Oh and one more thing, Apple can suck my member, and I'll dip my nuts in marinara sauce, so you they get a taste of their own medicine. (boondock saints)
    I actually had two airplane mode moments and thought it was something I did, but couldn't figure out what. That with my wonky email issues and then overall system funkiness. icons not being pressed, getting that funky wave of a launcher bar out of nowhere and such; I'm opting to doctor to 1.4 and start from scratch. I backed up my media folder and database file just in case. Don't mind it if a clean install fixes a few things. I never mind doing a clean install with major .x updates. Small price to pay if it can eliminate some bugs.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I take this back - you won't believe the real problem!!!

After upgrading to WebOS 1.4, you CANNOT stream media files with a SPACE in the filename.

I confirmed this by creating 2 copies of the same file. File 1 was named "m.mp3". File 2 was named "m m.mp3". File 1 streams fine; File 2 generates the "There was an error playing the file" message.

The good news is that you can stream media on ports besides 80 (so long as the filename does not contain a space character).
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manny42 View Post
    I take this back - you won't believe the real problem!!!

After upgrading to WebOS 1.4, you CANNOT stream media files with a SPACE in the filename.
    Not hard to believe.
    Sounds like they are simply complying with web standards now.
    Spaces are not allowed in URLs. IE lets you get away with it,
    but they're not (and never have) following the standard. Most other browsers do not allow
    spaces in URLs. If you want to link to such a file, then replace spaces with
    the sequence: %20 e.g. m%20m.mp3

ian
    Hey you guys... Have any of u have any problems trying to open the preware app cuss i can'ttt plisss.... Help!!!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zhull View Post
    What patches are you running?

Aside from the black screen on the voicemail thing, I've been having the same issues intermittently. I'm hoping that this is tied to a patch.

(SMS tone per contact is actually highish on my list of possible problem patches.)
    It's probably too soon to say for sure, but since I removed the SMS Tone Per Contact patch at about this time yesterday, I have not had a missed call, nor has the device locked up or rebooted as before. FYI. -jamie

EDIT: Yep - it was too soon. Rebooted about 30 minutes ago (4:00pest) when I pressed the power button to wake it up. The screen stayed dark for about 6 seconds, then the screen came on for about a second, then it rebooted. So, removing the Tone Per Contact patch did not fix the problem for me... -jamie
    Last edited by jeebs98; 03/03/2010 at 03:32 PM.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Currently major issue I have with 1.4 update is the phone will NOT stay in EVDO (Sprint Palm Pre) , the phone radio seems to be degraded also since the update as I have many missed calls. This also goes for my wife's pixi and my daughter's pixi.

This goes for all phones , once they go to sleep it is hard to wake them and majority of the time the phones will reboot.

I have gone through and Dr'd all 3 phones and deleted all backups from the phones ( Before Dr'ing the phones) to make sure there was nothing funny or old corrupted files that may be causing the issue.

It has gotten bad enough that with the Pre dropping connection from EVDO to 1X that when I am at home now I enable WIFI to connect to the internet. The Pixi unfortunately do not have this option so they are just stuck with the 1x.

Battery Life is redicules , I have with the pre a standard battery and purchased an extended battery 2600 .. With 1.3.5.1 I was able to go 6 (or close to) hours with the standard battery and 14 hours with the extended battery. Now I am lucky to get 3 hours out of the standard and 8 out of the extended.

This update has Killed alot of the functionality of the phone, I hope that out of 3 phones on my services with Sprint I am not alone with these issues.

I have yet to even come close to figure out WHY the phones at times will not come out of sleep mode and force to restart on their own once they do wake up.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I still can't upload pics to Facebook and now my Yahoo IM won't sign in. ....ugh.
    i am having multiple problems that neither a partial erase, full erase, or doctor have fixed. my battery life is the main thing. it was fully charged at 10 this morning and by 2 it was dead and i barely even used it. alot of times when i recieve a text or plug in the phone the phone seems to get stuck and will vibrate for a good 4 or 5 seconds before stopping while the rest of the time its just one quick vibrate. sometimes the screen will not come on right away when i slide the phone open or hit the corner button but if i wait a few seconds and try again it works perfectly. the messaging client has become very slow. i will type something or erase it and the phone will not show my changes until a few seconds later. and just generally the phone is substantially slower. whether its browsing the web or opening apps the phone seems to take a few seconds before it even decides to start loading what im opening and then takes a long time to open it.

ive tried all the listed solutions like partial and full erases and running webos doctor 1.4 and none of them worked. can any body make any other suggestions? i can tollerate most of these problems but the battery life is absolutely unacceptable when before this update i could make it a day and a half of normal use without charging. none of this happened before i updated to 1.4. Can someone help me out?
    Having read a few pages, it would be a waste of time for me to read the whole thing.

Here are my new bugs:

-Receiving another text while the phone is still vibrating from the last text causes the phone to vibrate out of control and freeze for a good ten seconds

-random luna restarts and even complete phone restarts for no reason with nothing open, no new messages/emails, just with the phone sitting on the desk

-intermittent problems staying connected to certain Wifi networks that I never had a problem with before

-intermittent problem where if I turn the screen on the little lock icon will be there but the rest of the screen will be as if it's not locked. Also the lock is unable to be moved to unlock the phone

-unable to complete installs on certain apps even though the app store says it's installed

-also, although I have not had any service issues, I do notice that the 'bars' tend to fluctuate between 1 and 5 more often now

-intermittent problem where when i open my phone the screen wont turn on at all. it will stay blank no matter what I do then all the sudden turn on just fine.

The issues listed above are new to a fresh 1.4 webosdoctor install. They also occurred previous to any patches I installed.

I will note, because some users have said otherwise, that I have had little to no change in battery life. [maybe a little, tiny bit better]

Personally, Flash support and video recording was not worth this.

I understand that Palm is trying to compete here and therefore trying to get as many fixes and improvements as possible but I would rather have had this update released in March than be an inconvenience in February.
    Last edited by Mattykinsx; 03/03/2010 at 01:53 PM. Reason: adding a bug