Page 70 of 96 FirstFirst ... 20 606566676869707172737475 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1902
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiPalm View Post
    Ok today I'm having major issues with Launcher. All the icons are missing. I cant listen to music or google maps, etc. Also I've noticed that sometimes when you launch the phone app, nothing but the voicemail bar comes up. This webOS is getting ridiculous. Anyone Else feel the same????
    I feel that most people don't understand the whole update process. There WILL be problems with each update. What we need to judge is how quick palm responds and corrects these issues. Any MAJOR updates are going to to have some problems. Another thing that's happenong is people are patching their phones excessively, and there is no way for palm to know how things will react to patches. I can honestly attest that the majority of users having problems are experiencing them because of patch conflicts. So then that would br the uusers fault and not palms. Everybody needs to relax. Palm will have a fix for some of these problems pretty soon I feel. So just hang tight and don't jump ship quite yet.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post
    I reported this earlier in this thread, and just had it happen again. It seems to correlate with being on the Touchstone.

Do you have system lock?
    No, I have Secure Unlock set to Off.

Quote Originally Posted by dubmess View Post
    Todays new issue; phone rebooted while searching for updates. Or rather became unresponsive, screen was black, then update screen came back for a moment before it rebooted. While the phone was booting(I'm guessing it was a Luna restart) I got an sms alert tone, and received an sms that was sent 2 hours ago I'm wondering if people have been able to contact me for the last 2 hours now?

Update: So yes, although my phone was on and apparently functional I missed multiple calls from work this morning until my phone restarted... this can't keep happening, I need a reliable phone sucks as I love my Pre, but it's rapidly becoming unusable...
    This has happened to me as well. Not the phone calls part, but my phone crashing and rebooting and chiming with an SMS notification whilst doing so, for an SMS that was sent hours ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by sphyg04 View Post
    okay, here is what you do. Download weos doctor 1.4. Take the battery out of your phone. Take your usb charging cable and plug it
    directly to your computer (not through a hub).
    Now put the battery back in. Plug in micro usb
    and power on phone while holding the up
    volume key. Keep holding up until you see the usb logo. Release uo volume. Now run the doctor. Should take anywhere from 15-30 min.

Hope this helps.
    Thank-you so much for this, solved it for me, now happily running 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddct View Post
    My volume button has gone crazy. Volume going up and down on its own. I cant even play games because the volume bar keeps popping up. Phone calls go silent in the midle of the calls. People can hear me, but I have to hit the volume key to hear them again. It seams like a hardware issue, but it never happen untill I installed 1.4
    My volume button an bar fixed itself when I used the headphones once. WebOS is just crazy. Now 1.4 is working great.
    Quote Originally Posted by jean001luc View Post
    Unable to install apps after upgrade.
    I upgraded to 1.4 successfully and am able to use the inbuilt apps no problems.
    I then installed the following in the order below with results as specifed

1) preware (after gnu and lsdif).
    Preware runs but only lists my local apps and nothing from the websire
    2) attempted to install checkers and get an error message which says
    'An error ocurred return value: 28
    Collected errors:
    Only have 0 available blocks on filesystem /media/cryptofs/app/, pkg net.keenstudio.app.checkers needs 3'

Also noticed that when I install a patch now (I tried the 5x5 icon) the system locks up until i do a MANUAL restart of Luna from WebOs Quick isntall.

Help - please
    All sorted! I did an 'erase of applications and data'. Rebooted. Was going to rebuild but noticd that my Apps were being automatically being reinstalled
    Installed preware - worked
    Installed a number of other apps to make sure everything is fine. Sorted
    Quote Originally Posted by preViously View Post
    I do not have any patches installed and after updating to 1.4, my Pre is very buggy.

- When sliding it open, I get the music volume level indicator on the screen.

- Often times the quality of the phone conversation is really bad, the audio goes out for both me and the person on the other end. I never experienced bad quality prior to 1.4. I am calling from my usual locations as well.

- Pre has locked up a couple times.

- Volume went out completely until a battery removal and restart.

- Buggy behavior in call history screen.

I'm pretty disappointed with the quality of this update. I am shocked I don't see so many others reporting such things. Thanks.
    The volume issue fixed itself on my Pre. I plugged in some earphones and it hasnt happen again.

The calls sound going out, It happen to me a couple of times. I found that when my slider is open the volume works. After a couple of days, it also fixed itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    I just checked and I'm DEFINITELY having this problem. I just realised I lost about 5 very important photos!!!

*** Palm???
    This is a problem in the way WebOS numbers the photos. There is a patch (or patches) to fix this:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2272487
    This issue began after updating to WebOS 1.4.

I am unable to connect to the internet through the browser (the globe icon). All other apps; games, Preware, news feeds, etc. are connecting.

I don't know if this is part of the issue, but my wireless IP address is fine; my subnet address is 255.255.255.0. I tried reconnecting to wireless, but everything comes up the same.

Is anyone else having the same issue? Does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks,
    Lightnin1o1
    Quote Originally Posted by jean001luc View Post
    All sorted! I did an 'erase of applications and data'. Rebooted. Was going to rebuild but noticd that my Apps were being automatically being reinstalled
    Installed preware - worked
    Installed a number of other apps to make sure everything is fine. Sorted
    Oops
    NOT all sorted. Playing up again. All the top bar has gone white.
    Unable to remove apps via WebosQI

About to download latest WebOSDoctor (for 1.4) and start from scratch!

This upgrade has been such a pain!!!
    Palm have refused to support me as I had a homebrew app installed. Is this the norm?
    Even if I completely wipe the system and start from scratch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightnin1o1 View Post
    This issue began after updating to WebOS 1.4.

I am unable to connect to the internet through the browser (the globe icon). All other apps; games, Preware, news feeds, etc. are connecting.

I don't know if this is part of the issue, but my wireless IP address is fine; my subnet address is 255.255.255.0. I tried reconnecting to wireless, but everything comes up the same.

Is anyone else having the same issue? Does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks,
    Lightnin1o1
    If you search this thread alone, there are at least 36 posts discussing this problem. The multi mod patch seems to be the problem.
    my issues

SLOWWWWWW.... after 1.4 it takes a good 10, sometimes 15 seconds to load a simple app like contacts.. i mean seriously?

Battery now doesnt last 5 hours like it used to, now im at 20% within 4 hours and then amazingly from 20% to 0%(and a shutdown) within 5 minutes.

Sometimes have to try 5-6 times to access web, facebook, AP

If you thought your pre had sporadic reception before, wait till you meet mine after 1.4 update. Completely not touching the pre and letting it sit in same spot, it goes from 5 to 1 bars and back in 3.1 seconds – that’s faster than Porsche 911.

Booyah, im going to wait until the next good phone comes out on Sprint (perhaps supersonic if they do live up to its release date of sometime in march). Cuz Palm Pre and I are officially over.

But hey, on the bright side, I now have video recording, so I can now record my frustration with this POS phone and upload it to youtube - no wait, i cant get enough reception to access the web...

F..k this sh..t. i was very patient with palm but its obvious, they're going down. and im jumping the ship before it happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by UKer View Post
    Thank-you so much for this, solved it for me, now happily running 1.4
    glad I can help... Now go to that post and hit the thank button on the left
    Quote Originally Posted by Beasley1951 View Post
    My Music Player Remix app is hung up at the splash screen after WebOS 1.4 update. Unloaded but now can't find original Pre music player. I removed all patches with EPR, including hide music player but no fix. Anyone have this problem? Any solution known besides Web Doctor?
    Someone else had the same issue with the Music Player being gone. They re-installed the "Hide Music Player" patch, then uninstalled it, and the Music Player re-appeared.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by cibersay View Post
    my issues

SLOWWWWWW.... after 1.4 it takes a good 10, sometimes 15 seconds to load a simple app like contacts.. i mean seriously?

Battery now doesnt last 5 hours like it used to, now im at 20% within 4 hours and then amazingly from 20% to 0%(and a shutdown) within 5 minutes.

Sometimes have to try 5-6 times to access web, facebook, AP

If you thought your pre had sporadic reception before, wait till you meet mine after 1.4 update. Completely not touching the pre and letting it sit in same spot, it goes from 5 to 1 bars and back in 3.1 seconds – that’s faster than Porsche 911.

Booyah, im going to wait until the next good phone comes out on Sprint (perhaps supersonic if they do live up to its release date of sometime in march). Cuz Palm Pre and I are officially over.

But hey, on the bright side, I now have video recording, so I can now record my frustration with this POS phone and upload it to youtube - no wait, i cant get enough reception to access the web...

F..k this sh..t. i was very patient with palm but its obvious, they're going down. and im jumping the ship before it happens.
    If you had bothered to read all the 1.4 related posts, you would find out that there are plenty of people who are not experiencing the problems you describe. Jump ship if you wish, but if it were my phone, I would be trying to figure out why I was having the problems. For example, have you rebooted, performed a partial erase, or doctored it. Many people have reported that one of these techniques solved their problems.

These forum are not just for posting rants; they are also for reading and learning.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    If you had bothered to read all the 1.4 related posts, you would find out that there are plenty of people who are not experiencing the problems you describe. Jump ship if you wish, but if it were my phone, I would be trying to figure out why I was having the problems. For example, have you rebooted, performed a partial erase, or doctored it. Many people have reported that one of these techniques solved their problems.

These forum are not just for posting rants; they are also for reading and learning.
    reboot lol, this isnt windows, not everything is solved by rebooting it.. I did everything you listed above, reboot -> partial erase - > webosdoc - > full erase - and here i am again with same problems, none of which existed before Saturday. Pandora froze 4 times on the way to work today - 20 minute drive
    And its not a rant, this is a thread about issues with 1.4 so there I was, listing my issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    I just checked and I'm DEFINITELY having this problem. I just realised I lost about 5 very important photos!!!

*** Palm???
    Try this.

Plug your palm into your computer. Set it to usb mode. When the prompt opens up, select open folder.

When in the folder click on view and select hidden files.

double click .Trash-1000 and see if your files are in there!

Let me know thanks.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    reboot lol, this isnt windows, not everything is solved by rebooting it.. I did everything you listed above, reboot -> partial erase - > webosdoc - > full erase - and here i am again with same problems, none of which existed before Saturday. Pandora froze 4 times on the way to work today - 20 minute drive
    And its not a rant, this is a thread about issues with 1.4 so there I was, listing my issues.
    Pre or Pre+?

Pandora may have frozen over b/c you could have been roaming on Verizon's network...which has been down most of the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by jTexans View Post
    Pre or Pre+?

Pandora may have frozen over b/c you could have been roaming on Verizon's network...which has been down most of the morning.
    Pre - Sprint.
    Most people who cannot resolve their problems with one of the above described methods take their phones back to the service provider for a replacement.

And I think that most people would describe your prior last sentence (phrases, hard to tell which) as a rant: